NFL Combine

golfaddict1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sure Metcalf had some wicked numbers, but Andy Isabella starts this thread off.  

Long but nice read.  Can’t help but root for him.  

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/andy-isabella/andy-isabella

He ran a 4.31 40 (solid shuttle and 3 cone times also for the slot receiver).  

Ohio speed on display along with Campbell. 

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sure Metcalf had some wicked numbers, but Andy Isabella starts this thread off.  

Long but nice read.  Can’t help but root for him.  

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/andy-isabella/andy-isabella

He ran a 4.31 40 (solid shuttle and 3 cone times also for the slot receiver).  

I remember Isabella torching UGAs secondary when UMass came to Athens this year. UGA won 66-27 but that kid was unstoppable.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I remember Isabella torching UGAs secondary when UMass came to Athens this year. UGA won 66-27 but that kid was unstoppable.

15 catches for 219 vs UGA.  Timing on his combine 40 was screwed up - some teams had him at 4.27.  Size not really an issue in the slot, but you need to be shifty and strong - LBers are going to be tackling you.

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

You know people want to say SEC this and that, but IMO the Ohio State kids have been doing WORK in these last few combines.   

Meyer certainly made it his mission  to bring the talent level up to par with the SEC during his tenure there, with speed being a priority.

I've always believed you can find plenty of fast skill position players from anywhere in the country, but the SEC advantage typically lies in that defensive front seven. Those freaks like Sweat, Williams, White, Bush, etc. seem to grow on trees in the southeast part of the country. And historically, it's been difficult to get those guys to leave that part of the country to play college ball and most stay to play in the SEC 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

Meyer certainly made it his mission  to bring the talent level up to par with the SEC during his tenure there, with speed being a priority.

I've always believed you can find plenty of fast skill position players from anywhere in the country, but the SEC advantage typically lies in that defensive front seven. Those freaks like Sweat, Williams, White, Bush, etc. seem to grow on trees in the southeast part of the country. And historically, it's been difficult to get those guys to leave that part of the country to play college ball and most stay to play in the SEC 

Why would they leave great weather hot women and the best football for cold Ohio or Michigan makes no sense. 

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

Looks like fastest official 40 of the combine goes to Auburn CB Jamel Dean with a 4.30.   Dean is one of the 3 Cocoa players that will for sure get drafted.   They have I think 2 more on the fringe.   Will be impressive either way.

Woods beat him just slightly

4.29 official

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Looks like fastest official 40 of the combine goes to Auburn CB Jamel Dean with a 4.30.   Dean is one of the 3 Cocoa players that will for sure get drafted.   They have I think 2 more on the fringe.   Will be impressive either way.

4.3 guys playing CB = STONE HANDS

• Haha 2