Waaaaaaaaaaay too early 2019 SoCal top 5...

Eddyr2

8 hours ago, Ararar said:

Then why did you repeat yourself?

your attempt to portray DLS as the good guys and SJB as the bad guys was transparent.

like I said it’s very simple the better player plays and there is nothing else to see here

I just pointed out the difference between traditionally normal H,S. vs. academy type programs. You can add up the pluses and minuses. Not for everyone for sure. 

31 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I just pointed out the difference between traditionally normal H,S. vs. academy type programs. You can add up the pluses and minuses. Not for everyone for sure. 

Just another dig at SJB.

remember when what you’re saying used to be said about DLS.

16 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The show just pointed out how SJB has become a " Win at all Costs" program. Lots of money paying for all those kid's tuitions and lots of money for coaches.  Lots of pressure and They have to produce like at the collegiate  level to justify  paying out all that money.  Real was in a very tough situation, coming off a great junior season only to struggle early and then getting the job yanked from him by coaches who couldn't afford  patience and a let down. I see it from both sides, Real's father being the diva, and the coaches trying to act like they are supportive and all of Real, but behind his back they were quick to toss him aside. What a growing experience for Real to stick it out, and I don't blame him for not allowing himself to be  used as a pawn and risking injury playing another position while he had the offer from Iowa St.

Dela had a similar situation with their qb Bart Houston in 2011, though not similar in everything. First is, there was no 5 star qb waiting in the wings. Bart was coming off of two consecutive state championships starting his senior season He was selected to go to the Elite 11 qb camp and expectations were high. His first game of season against Bellarmine  he had 2 int and 2 fumbles ( one of which was returned for TD ) all in the 1rst half. Should have had another int that was dropped. He was horrible. Second game he over threw all his passes, and the 3rd game against STA he was awful again, fumbling twice and being real indecisive. Some of the players parents were really upset at him, blaming him for the teams struggles. Bart regrouped after the STA game and slowly regained his form and had no to's for the remainder of season and team got their game together and won another state title. 

My point is, Bart wasn't thrown off of the bus, and coaches supported him and he and team came through as usual. At  SJB it seems that isn't the case. Too much pressure and money at stake. Not a normal H.S. experience. More like an academy  All star experience. At Dela  coaching emphasizes  teaching life principles though the sport of  football. Of course they are competetive and want to win, but there is a line drawn.  I'm a Real fan after watching him  walk through that experience and I hope he does well in whatever he does in future. Do you know  if he is still at Iowa St and is he playing QB ? 

Apples and oranges. The DLS QB was the best QB on the team struggling, but still the best QB on the team. Re'al was clearly the team's 2nd best QB and also playing the 2nd best. It is win at all costs. It's the Trinity League. 

Yes, he would have seen the field last year had he switched to WR. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Re'al and SJB had success in 2016 because they had an all-world rushing attack, anchored by an O-Line with Wyatt Davis and that played to Re'al's strength as a run-first QB. In 2017 they didn't have the same luxury and Re'al's passing game got exposed by great to elite D-Lines. Saying he got the job yanked from him is patently false. DJ came in and won the SJC game in the 4th. The next game, against OLU, Re'al and DJ alternated series and it was clear that DJ was simply better - at least with the 2017 SJB offense. After the OLU game, once it was clear that DJ was consistently outperforming Re'al (and that the SJC comeback wasn't a fluke) and that he would at best be splitting time, that is when he got "injured" - which was transparently bogus to everyone. If anything, Re'al (or his father's) selfishness in refusing to split time with DJ, actually hurt SJB's chances at beating MD that year. Imagine the possibilities if you have both DJ and Re'al on the field at the same time - even if for a handful of plays per game. I certainly wouldn't want to game plan against that...

By the end of 2016, Real and SJB had become a beautifully balanced offense. They put up 49 or so on CC and demolished MD who had previously beaten them. Then they demolished a decent DLS team. I don't know Real's passing stats against CC or MD, but against DELA he was 19-22  If I can remember correctly. I thought  his reads and composure were flawless in that game. He ran only when all other options were covered, and then he would go and get the necessary 10  or 15 yds to move the chains. He wasn't at that point a run first qb. He was learning to play the position, even though with his abilities he could choose to run all the time. Yea , it helped he had Beasley and Flowers at RB and an offensive line that was one of best in H.S. history. Sjb usually starts slow, and 2017 was no different. I don't have a problem with coaches making changes, but I used the Houston reference that  the difference is when coaches have your back and work with you to succeed. I didn't get that impression at all with the film, and say all you want, but the OC seemed very annoyed and pissed off  most of the time. He didn't seem to be a teacher of the game, rather a critic, which I'm sure weighed heavily and affected Real's performance.You say he didn't want to split time, and by that do you mean he was refusing to come in on running plays only, like Martell was called on to do with Haskins at Ohio St ? Or was it a legit come in an split the time and run the offense normally. I get how you clarified that DJ was simply better at the " 2017 "SJB offense, which really depended more on a pass first approach vs. 2016. In the end, Real was qb on what could arguably have been the most well rounded offense SJB ever had, and maybe even the best by that season's end. DJ may be great and have all the potential, but by the time they played Md  in socal final last year,  MD turned that SJB offense into rubble. DJ was throwing the ball in the dirt by games end. So Real had his moment, and it's unfortunate for him he didn't get a last full senior season to work out all the kinks and improve his game. Now he is in a real cut throat environment at the College level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

You say he didn't want to split time, and by that do you mean he was refusing to come in on running plays only, like Martell was called on to do with Haskins at Ohio St ? Or was it a legit come in an split the time and run the offense normally.

It was a true split. They each played full alternating series in the OLU game:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2017/10/06/orange-lutheran-upset-bid-falls-short-against-st-john-bosco/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-st-john-bosco-orange-lutheran-20171006-story.html%3foutputType=amp