Waaaaaaaaaaay too early 2019 SoCal top 5...

Eddyr2

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

1) Bosco

2) MD

3) Cen10

4) JSerra

5) MV

Yeah the first 4 are no-brainers. IMO I would include Narbonne instead of MV. I realize last year they managed to do less with more talent. Next season they will have Garcia from the beginning. From a pure talent and roster perspective they are better than MV. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Yeah the first 4 are no-brainers. IMO I would include Narbonne instead of MV. I realize last year they managed to do less with more talent. Next season they will have Garcia from the beginning. From a pure talent and roster perspective they are better than MV. 

Can't Chad Johnson trade 1 or 2 of his extra QBs for a lineman or 2? Maybe a future first round transfer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

3rd 

I don’t see it...with the size/speed/strength of Dlinemen that JSerra, Cen10, Bosco and MD now has, don’t see how the Veer works anymore...plus back in the DLS hay day, no one in SoCal ran triple option offensives...now 60% of the team’s do (spread not Veer but that doesn’t make a huge difference). 

4 or 5 if they were in CIF SS D1

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

I don’t see it...with the size/speed/strength of Dlinemen that JSerra, Cen10, Bosco and MD now has, don’t see how the Veer works anymore...plus back in the DLS hay day, no one in SoCal ran triple option offensives...now 60% of the team’s do (spread not Veer but that doesn’t make a huge difference). 

Interesting... considering DLS played MD a hell of a lot closer than those other teams not named Bosco.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Maybe so. But DLS will probably be nationally ranked higher than Cen10 and JS. If DLS plays takes care of the ball they can play with anybody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Interesting... considering DLS played MD a hell of a lot closer than those other teams not named Bosco.

MD had several majors players that were pulled out of the open game due to both injuries and to suspension. 

Plus Dollars and Cridell were waiting for a bus to catch back to the IE. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

MD had several majors players that were pulled out of the open game due to both injuries and to suspension. 

Plus Dollars and Cridell were waiting for a bus to catch back to the IE. 

And DLS 5 Star LB who’s a complete game changer had a broken hand. 

They couldn’t replace him with 4 stars like MD did. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

If Dela hadn't committed the 4 to's last year against MD, the scoring would have been more for Dela. Yea, we get it that the last 3 seasons, two of which there was no qb, and last year a soph learning the system, that Dela has been way down from say 2015 and before. But just to dismiss that the veer won't work is a little short sighted imop.  If Dela can get some players on the lines like they have had in the past with a true qb and a routinely excellent rb like they always have had, the veer can still work, though it definitely needs passing to go with it.  There was some moments  in that game against MD where I could see the veer was working and if not for some shoe string tackles by MD, Dela's back would have been off to races. Dela just need to find a way to get the players they used to have. By the way, last year's MD was better than the 2017 MD in my opinion, and better D-line. There was no shame that a non elite DEla team gave  them a good game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

MD cursing during that game and didn’t turn on the gas...MD had nothing to prove and was in control the whole game...Game could have been a lot uglier...

#rolloshowedmercy

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

If Dela hadn't committed the 4 to's last year against MD, the scoring would have been more for Dela. Yea, we get it that the last 3 seasons, two of which there was no qb, and last year a soph learning the system, that Dela has been way down from say 2015 and before. But just to dismiss that the veer won't work is a little short sighted imop.  If Dela can get some players on the lines like they have had in the past with a true qb and a routinely excellent rb like they always have had, the veer can still work, though it definitely needs passing to go with it.  There was some moments  in that game against MD where I could see the veer was working and if not for some shoe string tackles by MD, Dela's back would have been off to races. Dela just need to find a way to get the players they used to have. By the way, last year's MD was better than the 2017 MD in my opinion, and better D-line. There was no shame that a non elite DEla team gave  them a good game.

MD’s DLine blow up almost every Veer play...unless DLS finds a 300+  Center with light quick feet, they won’t ever beat a SoCal team again...

The Veer doesn’t work when the center gets pushed back 2 yards into the QB...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD’s DLine blow up almost every Veer play...unless DLS finds a 300+  Center with light quick feet, they won’t ever beat a SoCal team again...

First you need a good qb, which they have now. Then you need a good o-line, which last season they didn't have. Then you need a top flight rb, which last season they didn't have. Its hard to make blanket statements when the pieces  aren't there. All I'm saying is that " If " Dela gets all the pieces at the same time, I do believe the veer can work, but has to be implemented with the passing game, like it always was in the past with Gutierrez, and the other good qb's they have had. To base everything off of the last 3 Dela teams doesn't do justice imop. The defense has been just as much a problem as has the Offense. Last year was an improvement for sure, but this is similar to the rebuild they had starting in 2004, gradually getting better and hopefully they can get players. If they don't get the players, than yes, they won't beat the "Win at all costs" programs like SJB and MD. By the way, did you see the documentary on High School qb's with Real and the GA kid. That really gave me an insight as to the coaching at SJB. That offensive coordinator for SJB was some kind of prick. I wouldn't want to play for someone like that. I would think Rollo and MD's staff treat their kids a little better.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD cursing during that game and didn’t turn on the gas...MD had nothing to prove and was in control the whole game...Game could have been a lot uglier...

#rolloshowedmercy

Apologies. I forgot that SoCal doesn't try much in the State Championship game and for a shot at the national title. 

Carry on

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I will make a friendly wager that in 2020 DLS will do just that. Beat the SoCal rep in the open.  Which looks like, by the way that SJB is loading up, it will be them. 

• Like 2