Possible Colquitt Coach???

ron169

I'm not surprised that the JOCO AD hasn't said anything.  I mean...Rogers isn't the new Colquitt HC yet.  North Morven sources say the JOCO OC is set to take a promotion if all the dominoes fall as expected.  BUT...that hasn't happened.

The only thing I'll say is....none of this is Rogers' fault.  He was offered one heckuva opportunity and he said...YES.   He's not responsible for anything that happened with Rush.  Hopefully...he won't receive uncorrelated criticism.  Now if he isn't the commodity I think he is....I'll bite the bullet and say so.  But like you...I'm gonna support him and give him everything I can to help him succeed.

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!

#isitmondaynightyet

Rufus>>

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm not surprised that the JOCO AD hasn't said anything.  I mean...Rogers isn't the new Colquitt HC yet.  North Morven sources say the JOCO OC is set to take a promotion if all the dominoes fall as expected.  BUT...that hasn't happened.

The only thing I'll say is....none of this is Rogers' fault.  He was offered one heckuva opportunity and he said...YES.   He's not responsible for anything that happened with Rush.  Hopefully...he won't receive uncorrelated criticism.  Now if he isn't the commodity I think he is....I'll bite the bullet and say so.  But like you...I'm gonna support him and give him everything I can to help him succeed.

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!

#isitmondaynightyet

Rufus>>

A few of us were talking about a convoy/carpool to Troy for the spring game. Maybe there is a little twinge of excitement creeping back in at the thought of football. 

The best medicine for all the negative is something positive. Anything positive. 

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A few of us were talking about a convoy/carpool to Troy for the spring game. Maybe there is a little twinge of excitement creeping back in at the thought of football. 

The best medicine for all the negative is something positive. Anything positive. 

I kinda wish we wouldn't do the spring game over in Troy.  I know we will since Tick set it up...(Smile).  But to me...we got a ton of other stuff that needs attention first.  Rogers (if it's him) has a limited time to prepare the Hawgs for frigging North Gwinnett in the Benz.  And let me ask ya...do you think the little Dogs are gonna be out for blood?  I mean...45-0 ring a bell?

After Monday night...if what is supposed to happen...actually happens...then I agree...I think you'll start to see the excitement level rise regarding Packer football.  I've had conversations with a lot of the Packer Touchdown Club members...and I can see it happening already.   And you're right about the "positive".  It would mean a lot to have something "positive" happen up in the Benz.   But...we got a LOT of work to do till then....

Rufus>>

I'm ok with the spring thing I guess. I know it's a tall order on short notice for a new head coach. I personally am anxious to see how he handles the frying pan (Troy) before he gets tossed into the fire (Benz) in August. 

I see it as akin to arriving at Jones and totally rebuilding the offensive scheme in one off season. Here he has a couple of weeks to get feet under him, and take the ride to Troy. I wanna see how he handles that adversity. He'll barely have time to hang clothes in a closet down here. Will he let Hobbs run it? Will he already be on top of it himself? Etc. 

Gonna find out I think.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm ok with the spring thing I guess. I know it's a tall order on short notice for a new head coach. I personally am anxious to see how he handles the frying pan (Troy) before he gets tossed into the fire (Benz) in August. 

I see it as akin to arriving at Jones and totally rebuilding the offensive scheme in one off season. Here he has a couple of weeks to get feet under him, and take the ride to Troy. I wanna see how he handles that adversity. He'll barely have time to hang clothes in a closet down here. Will he let Hobbs run it? Will he already be on top of it himself? Etc. 

Gonna find out I think.

Will Hobbs head for the hills after being passed over again?

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 4 months for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Will Hobbs head for the hills after being passed over again?

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 4 months for sure.

I don't think he will leave unless there's a relationship conflict between himself and Rogers (assuming it's Rogers as HC).  It can be difficult to retain a coach who applied for the job...and didn't get it.  The word "strained" comes to mind.  I think Troy hangs in there for the 2019 season...but then.....

Rufus>>