Possible Colquitt Coach???

ron169

24 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ur right I don’t know Jack shit, I simply stated my thoughts on the people that prioritized a practice field over the living conditions of the community.. don’t bow out I’ll dip out because I gave my 2 cents no point beating dead horse 

Because you're dumb as a box of rocks. See, read what I said. We are talking about generational change hopefully. 

Feed a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish he eats for life. 

We invested in the ipf so we could teach kids to fish. 

I don't mind discussing and sharing, but, you always are coming from some I gotcha angle on our IPF. You're too stupid to realize the value of it. 

Are your initials DH by any chance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm gonna put some truth out there right here.

We have around 100-110 kids normally on the roster. They usually fall off as the hard work makes some tap out. 

Of those kids, a good number don't get good nutrition at home. Some only get to eat at school. 

I know of kids that don't even have beds to sleep in. 

Football and school keeps these kids from the wolves. From the gangs. From jail. 

This bullshit that we've went through jeapordizes that stuff in my opinion. This is why you have seen me be so critical of the adninistration and BOE. 

The part about tapping out is pretty accurate. Several years back after Lowndes would win a SC the following spring wouldnhave overwhelmingly numbers. What would happen then is those case hardened returners would run those other boys off. Most decent size schools feed their kids. I’m sure Rogers will continue some of the positive attributes that Rush installed and introduce his own. When Hyder started he maintained a lot of the old traditions like camping at the Four H campground in Lake Park so I’m sure there will be a blended environment.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Because you're dumb as a box of rocks. See, read what I said. We are talking about generational change hopefully. 

Feed a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish he eats for life. 

We invested in the ipf so we could teach kids to fish. 

I don't mind discussing and sharing, but, you always are coming from some I gotcha angle on our IPF. You're too stupid to realize the value of it. 

Are your initials DH by any chance?

Absolutely LOVE this! You win the internet for today! Lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Absolutely LOVE this! You win the internet for today! Lol

Well, the thing is, it's more than people think. Everyone thinks superficially about football, the IPF and nutrition program. They think it's all about winning. Winning is a byproduct of doing everything else successfully.

There is really a much bigger picture. I mean, we aren't literally teaching kids to fish, but, we are feeding them for a day and making sure they're at least getting high school educations, and hopefully getting 10-20% an opportunity for a higher education. 

The IPF allows us to do more than most in any conditions outside of tornados and hurricanes. 

It is pretty difficult to quantify how valuable it could be if we continue putting the numbers we've been seeing or even increase the amount into college. A kid that may not even have a mattress in his house to sleep on with the opportunity to go to college and better his and his family's life. Possibly for generations into the future. 

That sir is making a difference in my opinion. 

Here it isn't like a private school where we can pick and choose a kid due to talent or family or even intelligence levels. 

We have to work with them we have. We have to work with kids that are coming from bad places. Bad raising. Bad families and bad situations. Hungry. Etc. Etc. 

Then you have to juggle that with kids that come from a place having everything and then some. Excellent families. Etc. 

It just so happens that a goodly portion of our talent pool comes from the former and not the latter. 

I have the feeling that you cats won't have to worry so much about Colquitt on this board anyway. I'm guessing that the national relevance of the Packers will be down to a mention when GSB and Tick get together and set us up for our next OOS ass whipping by some bigger name until those names figure us a waste of time. 

Probably y'all can start searching for a different "whipping boy". I hope I'm wrong. Really wrong about that. I have the feeling it's a matter of time though. 

Idc as long as we are doing the good work. I suspect that will fade too. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Here it isn't like a private school where we can pick and choose a kid due to talent or family or even intelligence levels. 

We have to work with them we have. We have to work with kids that are coming from bad places. Bad raising. Bad families and bad situations. Hungry. Etc. Etc. 

Then you have to juggle that with kids that come from a place having everything and then some. Excellent families. Etc. 

It just so happens that a goodly portion of our talent pool comes from the former and not the latter. 

I have the feeling that you cats won't have to worry so much about Colquitt on this board anyway. I'm guessing that the national relevance of the Packers will be down to a mention when GSB and Tick get together and set us up for our next OOS ass whipping by some bigger name until those names figure us a waste of time. 

Probably y'all can start searching for a different "whipping boy". I hope I'm wrong. Really wrong about that. I have the feeling it's a matter of time though. 

I honestly doubt you'll see Colquitt play many OOS games in the future.  I think we'll concentrate of winning the Georgia State Championship.  I could be wrong...but I seriously doubt it.

Rufus>>

5 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

True. I know he knows he has big shoes to fill, so I'm pretty sure he'll accept that challenge when it comes to getting the best out of those intermediate guys and getting them into college.

Speaking of college, what's the deal with brian merritt and ty leggett? Where did they end up signing? I know they both had D1 offers...

Brian did a dual commit between a community college and Florida Atlantic. Not sure all the details. I think maybe he had some grades to work on before being able to go full ahead at FAU.

Ty Leggett is going to Georgia Military if I'm not totally mistaken. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I honestly doubt you'll see Colquitt play many OOS games in the future.  I think we'll concentrate of winning the Georgia State Championship.  I could be wrong...but I seriously doubt it.

Rufus>>

You just broke GSB's heart. He thinks that Tick is his best friend and that he'll be the only promoter that Colquitt County uses in the future.

xD

Of course that may be true. We may never use a promoter again.

2 hours ago, MTP28 said:

The part about tapping out is pretty accurate. Several years back after Lowndes would win a SC the following spring wouldnhave overwhelmingly numbers. What would happen then is those case hardened returners would run those other boys off. Most decent size schools feed their kids. I’m sure Rogers will continue some of the positive attributes that Rush installed and introduce his own. When Hyder started he maintained a lot of the old traditions like camping at the Four H campground in Lake Park so I’m sure there will be a blended environment.

We have usually started with in excess of 110 and by the end of the season it's around 100. 

Some drop quickly. Others fade as the grind of the season grows long on them. 

It was a tough program to survive. 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, the thing is, it's more than people think. Everyone thinks superficially about football, the IPF and nutrition program. They think it's all about winning. Winning is a byproduct of doing everything else successfully.

There is really a much bigger picture. I mean, we aren't literally teaching kids to fish, but, we are feeding them for a day and making sure they're at least getting high school educations, and hopefully getting 10-20% an opportunity for a higher education. 

The IPF allows us to do more than most in any conditions outside of tornados and hurricanes. 

It is pretty difficult to quantify how valuable it could be if we continue putting the numbers we've been seeing or even increase the amount into college. A kid that may not even have a mattress in his house to sleep on with the opportunity to go to college and better his and his family's life. Possibly for generations into the future. 

That sir is making a difference in my opinion. 

I agree with you. And I understood the fish reference by the way lol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Come on now..... we all know that GSB didn't want to work with colquitt under these circumstances.....he wanted to work with the "man" himself, known as Rush Propst (which I think was a clout thing). Rush showed all these promoters that he didn't need them in order to set up quality OOS games. At this point, I think GSB is just settling with Colquitt......especially since he didn't get what he wanted. Just my opinion tho.

• Haha 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I agree with you. And I understood the fish reference by the way lol. 

I knew you did. I threw an explanation in there for D.A.A.B.O.R. 

xD

I don't get the feeling that the folks that are supposed to be the smart ones in Moultrie get it or agree. Hence the bull that we've endured the last month. 

These "smart" ones in Moultrie are small picture thinkers. Like Imagoodboynow. 

Operating on emotion and short-sightedness imo. The price will be great in the long run I'm afraid. These smart ones will rule with an iron fist while smiling on the front page of the paper. Double standards and everything. Hypocrites.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Come on now..... we all know that GSB didn't want to work with colquitt under these circumstances.....he wanted to work with the "man" himself, known as Rush Propst (which I think was a clout thing). Rush showed all these promoters that he didn't need them in order to set up quality OOS games. At this point, I think GSB is just settling with Colquitt......especially since he didn't get what he wanted. Just my opinion tho.

He'll take whatever sizzle he can get. Tyvm!

xD

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Then the whole community who was up in arms of probst firing, should come together and donate so the team continues to get fed. This whole thing just has so many different parts with kids not being fed at home or have beds. The school should rent out the ipf and put that moneys towards those players in need. Or something. Cant all fall on a coach to be coach and litteral parent.

I meant to touch on this before, but, got sidetracked by gettng a little red.  

The community is who does donate and members of the community that see the value in what was going on help to raise the money, and volunteered their time to feed other people's kids. 

None of the stuff that was done was possible without vast community support. People tapping their connections for their cash to do this stuff. 

It doesn't all fall on the coach. With Rush, his wife stepped in and organized the chaos. Found people that fit and stuck with doing the volunteer stuff. The coach needs to be coaching. Calling colleges and that type stuff. 

Kids that were on the team called Stefnie Propst momma. 

Certainly we can't expect the next coach to do stuff like that now can we? The last one did. The bar is high. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let's hope the Colquitt AD, Super and Principal love and support this guy as much as what Coach Rogers had at JOCO.

Regards,

BGW

That’s easy.. if he wins states this year they will spare him another year but if he’s loses a game this year The 3 headed horseman will be coming for the guys head

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let's hope the Colquitt AD, Super and Principal love and support this guy as much as what Coach Rogers had at JOCO.

Regards,

BGW

I for one am going to do everything I can to help support this guy. He needs an opportunity to succeed, and I think as a community we should get behind him and do all we can

• Like 1

To be honest...the issue will be with the Rush supporters.  And there's a LOT of them.  The first game our new HC loses....the grumbling will start..."Rush would have never lost that game".  It's gonna happen.  There's no way around it.   For me...Rush is gone and the Rush Era is over.  And what an era it was.  But...either you move forward or you don't.  Here's hoping that the majority of Packer Nation does.

I've said to anybody that would listen (and to several who didn't wanna hear it)...I like the hire.  I like his attitude...his decisiveness...his work ethic and...oh, his offense.  I've gotta say...he has a ton of work ahead of him to reunite the team.  Shoot, he has to even reunite the community...if he can.  He'll need help...from people like 94Packer and HawgGoneIt (notice how I threw you fellers under the bus).  He'll need help from the Packer Touchdown Club. (I'm pretty sure he'll get it)  The administration will be on board cause he was their choice.  And if the churches buy in...and some of the businesses buy in...he has a legitimate chance to win at Colquitt.

Now...will he take us to at least the Semis every single year?  I doubt it.  Will he win 120 games in eleven years.  The jury is out.  Will he beat Lowndes, Camden and Tift?  Durn right he will...(Smile).  The point is...he won't be Rush.  BUT...I actually don't care about that.    I want him to take the Program and run it the way he thinks is the best for winning Georgia State Championships.  If he can do that...he has a bright and long future in Moultrie.  If he can't.....

God Save The Queen....

Rufus>>

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

To be honest...the issue will be with the Rush supporters.  And there's a LOT of them.  The first game our new HC loses....the grumbling will start..."Rush would have never lost that game".  It's gonna happen.  There's no way around it.   For me...Rush is gone and the Rush Era is over.  And what an era it was.  But...either you move forward or you don't.  Here's hoping that the majority of Packer Nation does.

I've said to anybody that would listen (and to several who didn't wanna hear it)...I like the hire.  I like his attitude...his decisiveness...his work ethic and...oh, his offense.  I've gotta say...he has a ton of work ahead of him to reunite the team.  Shoot, he has to even reunite the community...if he can.  He'll need help...from people like 94Packer and HawgGoneIt (notice how I threw you fellers under the bus).  He'll need help from the Packer Touchdown Club. (I'm pretty sure he'll get it)  The administration will be on board cause he was their choice.  And if the churches buy in...and some of the businesses buy in...he has a legitimate chance to win at Colquitt.

Now...will he take us to at least the Semis every single year?  I doubt it.  Will he win 120 games in eleven years.  The jury is out.  Will he beat Lowndes, Camden and Tift?  Durn right he will...(Smile).  The point is...he won't be Rush.  BUT...I actually don't care about that.    I want him to take the Program and run it the way he thinks is the best for winning Georgia State Championships.  If he can do that...he has a bright and long future in Moultrie.  If he can't.....

God Save The Queen....

Rufus>>

There is no doubt that I will give Justin a fair shot should he clear the hurdle down at the BOE on Monday. I assume he will. There is no way that the three amigos let this guy join in as an honorary for an amigo salute and he can't clear the BOE... Is there??! I think there may be a slim chance of that, which is why Justin's current AD and friend hasn't been told anything yet. 

Every coach from Monday through until another one comes along and wins a couple of ships back to back with perfect seasons and a natty will be compared to Rush. Any guy coming in should know that. 

I do think that the general feel I get around town is most people are moving on from this mess in their own way. I don't get the feel that they've forgotten what went down though. There is still gonna be a price to pay regardless of new coach and record.