Possible Colquitt Coach???

ron169

I heard that Colquitt has so much talent in the pipeline that they don't even need a friggen head coach! Cheerleaders either! Fans either!

All they need is a strength and conditioning guy, a nutritionist and three guys in black sombreros singing "My Little Buttercup" on the sideline. 

DaNLaZw.gif.f1ef545f5fe4a1a295a1aefea486ea18.gif

xD

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ron169 said:

Rumors are a circling... Ryan Herring of Oxford high school (Alabama). I dunno how true they are, maybe we will find out tomorrow.

https://www.easportstoday.com/2019/04/11/herring-leaving-oxford/

UPDATE: East Alabama Sports Today has learned Herring is heading to Pierce County in Blackshear, Ga. He will replace Jason Strickland, recently hired at Ware County

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I'm over it already. 

It doesn't matter at this point who we hire anymore. They killed it. 

The excitement is gone. The program as we know it will change. 

I vote Tick for despot! 

Greg would not make a good despot.

Now me...on the other hand....(Smile).

As The Hawg Turns !!!!

As an aside...I heard a rumor that Sean Calhoun changed his mind.  

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What's the 411 on Justin Rogers? 

Most likely will be job less after 3 years barring some miracle.

He has had some decent teams at Jones County but has failed to win anything meaningful as a Head Coach.

We could have potentially hired Tommy Knotts but the 3 Amigos screwed the pooch with that due to their holier than thou approach.

22 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He has had some decent teams at Jones County but has failed to win anything meaningful as a Head Coach.

We could have potentially hired Tommy Knotts but the 3 Amigos screwed the pooch with that due to their holier than thou approach.

I think we got a good hire.  I wanted Sean Calhoun from the get-go...but Carrollton sweetened the pot and he stayed up there.  I thought the Knotts hire was a long shot....but I was definitely open to it if we could have landed him.  I'm not sure EXACTLY what happened...cause it depends on who you talk to.  But back to the subject...Rogers did for Jones County what Rush did for Colquitt.  He made them relative again.  And Jones County ain't no Mecca of high school football.  He turned their program around with limited funds and a small pool of players.  He understands our demographics and I truly love his offense.

Now...the next check off the list will be assistants.  We hafta have the right staff.  That will be one of Justin's top dilemmas to solve.  Assuming we can get the right guys in place....we COULD make the playoffs this year....(Smile).  Something I had pretty much written off.  Next...we need to worry about the nutritional program.  That's a biggie.  Somebody has to take on the role that Stefnie provided.  That lady worked.  Hopefully we can distribute some of the responsibility and carry that program forward.

We have a lot to do in a very short time.  I hope you have your working gloves ready....

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's too bad, when adults get in the way of the kids.  How old is JR?  Did he play ball in college or pro?

• Like 1

I'm not super excited about the Rogers hire, but, it's not the worst we could have done either. He did turn Jones around straight away and that was moving them from Wing T to a 20th century offense that same year.

I guess this is still assuming that is the hire.

I'm open minded. We have more talent  and depth than Jones and we certainly have facilities. I guess it's hard to be excited seeing what we just endured. 

Open minded is the best I got right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I think we got a good hire.  I wanted Sean Calhoun from the get-go...but Carrollton sweetened the pot and he stayed up there.  I thought the Knotts hire was a long shot....but I was definitely open to it if we could have landed him.  I'm not sure EXACTLY what happened...cause it depends on who you talk to.  But back to the subject...Rogers did for Jones County what Rush did for Colquitt.  He made them relative again.  And Jones County ain't no Mecca of high school football.  He turned their program around with limited funds and a small pool of players.  He understands our demographics and I truly love his offense.

Now...the next check off the list will be assistants.  We hafta have the right staff.  That will be one of Justin's top dilemmas to solve.  Assuming we can get the right guys in place....we COULD make the playoffs this year....(Smile).  Something I had pretty much written off.  Next...we need to worry about the nutritional program.  That's a biggie.  Somebody has to take on the role that Stefnie provided.  That lady worked.  Hopefully we can distribute some of the responsibility and carry that program forward.

We have a lot to do in a very short time.  I hope you have your working gloves ready....

Rufus>>

Just do what we do for my daughters club volleyball team.  We setup a google doc and everybody signs up for who brings what to each tourney.  Waters, snacks, sliced oranges on and on and on.  It seems to work pretty good.  Just always make sure you have a back up for the plates and cups.  Those seem to always fall thru. 

34 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Just do what we do for my daughters club volleyball team.  We setup a google doc and everybody signs up for who brings what to each tourney.  Waters, snacks, sliced oranges on and on and on.  It seems to work pretty good.  Just always make sure you have a back up for the plates and cups.  Those seem to always fall thru. 

To feed 140 people? Pot luck doesn't get 140 fed. 

One particular civic group that fed the team 2 afternoons per week raised roughly 10k starting right now and that money was gone by the second or third rd. playoffs. Only fed them during the season too.

That's two afternoons per week. There was 6 afternoons and 6 mornings to feed them. 

We usually took up cups and paper products at the fall scrimmage in lieu of admission charge. That got the program through for a while each season but we usually were buying that stuff before playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Y'all feed them every day every meal? 

Twice a day. They eat a regular lunch with everyone else unless some were specified something particular.

I think several churches were organized to come in the mornings. Give prayer and breakfast. 

Then a couple of other groups would do afternoons. Splitting the 6 days up 2 by 2 by 2. Saturday the boys went to the black and blue clinic and had the day off. No feeding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Rogers is a pretty good coach. He got them in the playoffs (I think the farthest he got was the quarterfinals), but he just happened to run into better teams at the time. He ain't no Rush, but he'll be aight. 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Rogers is a pretty good coach. He got them in the playoffs (I think the farthest he got was the quarterfinals), but he just happened to run into better teams at the time. He ain't no Rush, but he'll be aight. 

Well, the thing where I'm certain we're gonna lose out is the intermediate talent guys making it to colleges or at least having the opportunities like we have seen in the past. 

How that dictates into continued interest and hard work by the kids is what will hurt us or not.