Possible Colquitt Coach???

ron169

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, the thing where I'm certain we're gonna lose out is the intermediate talent guys making it to colleges or at least having the opportunities like we have seen in the past. 

How that dictates into continued interest and hard work by the kids is what will hurt us or not. 

True. I know he knows he has big shoes to fill, so I'm pretty sure he'll accept that challenge when it comes to getting the best out of those intermediate guys and getting them into college.

Speaking of college, what's the deal with brian merritt and ty leggett? Where did they end up signing? I know they both had D1 offers...

• Like 1

I'm gonna put some truth out there right here.

We have around 100-110 kids normally on the roster. They usually fall off as the hard work makes some tap out. 

Of those kids, a good number don't get good nutrition at home. Some only get to eat at school. 

I know of kids that don't even have beds to sleep in. 

Football and school keeps these kids from the wolves. From the gangs. From jail. 

This bullshit that we've went through jeapordizes that stuff in my opinion. This is why you have seen me be so critical of the administration and BOE. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I think...we have a Plan at this point.  Now...that being said...we hafta execute said Plan and keep the wheels churning all year long.  That's gonna be hard part.

Rufus>>

Thats always the hard part. People fall off and quit volunteering as the season progresses. 

People sull up and get mad because of dumb shit. Like if the nutritionist says no fried stuff and french fries are off the menu. Etc. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thats always the hard part. People fall off and quit volunteering as the season progresses. 

People sull up and get mad because of dumb shit. Like if the nutritionist says no fried stuff and french fries are off the menu. Etc. 

Hey...let's be clear.  Some things are downright blasphemy !!!!!

We ARE talking South Georgia....(Smile).

It's kinda like what my father said when me and Ms. Violet took him to his first Japanese restaurant.  They asked him how he liked his sushi.  He said....fried.

Nuff said....

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey...let's be clear.  Some things are downright blasphemy !!!!!

We ARE talking South Georgia....(Smile).

It's kinda like what my father said when me and Ms. Violet took him to his first Japanese restaurant.  They asked him how he liked his sushi.  He said....fried.

Nuff said....

Rufus>>

Well, greasy fried stuff and hard work outs, running and etc. don't necessarily commune very well.

Lol

I know these guys aren't baby sitters and the schools aren't either, but, by god we gotta start somewhere.

If the new coach comes in, shows an interest in putting in the extra that it takes to keep these kids in school, keep them off the streets and identifies where there is special needs... 

I got his back even if we go 3-7 every year. 

Continuing to get the intermediate talents offers would be a huge plus. I figure as an educator first, that should be somewhat of a priority. That's just me thinking though. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, greasy fried stuff and hard work outs, running and etc. don't necessarily commune very well.

Lol

Hey...I had black-pepper chicken with lo mein last night.  And this morning I moved the  "Y" building utilizing the chest push.  

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know these guys aren't baby sitters and the schools aren't either, but, by god we gotta start somewhere.

If the new coach comes in, shows an interest in putting in the extra that it takes to keep these kids in school, keep them off the streets and identifies where there is special needs... 

I got his back even if we go 3-7 every year. 

Continuing to get the intermediate talents offers would be a huge plus. I figure as an educator first, that should be somewhat of a priority. That's just me thinking though. 

Are you drunk already?

3-7 ?????

Educator first ?????

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Twice a day. They eat a regular lunch with everyone else unless some were specified something particular.

I think several churches were organized to come in the mornings. Give prayer and breakfast. 

Then a couple of other groups would do afternoons. Splitting the 6 days up 2 by 2 by 2. Saturday the boys went to the black and blue clinic and had the day off. No feeding.

Does the whole school get fed too? 

34 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm gonna put some truth out there right here.

We have around 100-110 kids normally on the roster. They usually fall off as the hard work makes some tap out. 

Of those kids, a good number don't get good nutrition at home. Some only get to eat at school. 

I know of kids that don't even have beds to sleep in. 

Football and school keeps these kids from the wolves. From the gangs. From jail. 

This bullshit that we've went through jeapordizes that stuff in my opinion. This is why you have seen me be so critical of the adninistration and BOE. 

Then the whole community who was up in arms of probst firing, should come together and donate so the team continues to get fed. This whole thing just has so many different parts with kids not being fed at home or have beds. The school should rent out the ipf and put that moneys towards those players in need. Or something. Cant all fall on a coach to be coach and litteral parent.

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

um ok

Ruffi if the kids are really suffering from not eating and really don’t have a bed to sleep or place to shower then Shame On everyone that voted on that IPF that’s cgonna wind up costing 10 million in the end .. y’all shouldn’t be scrambling to fund a nutrition program when you literally got a mansion in the backyard just racking up maintenance costs

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

um ok

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ruffi if the kids are really suffering from not eating and really don’t have a bed to sleep or place to shower then Shame On everyone that voted on that IPF that’s cgonna wind up costing 10 million in the end .. y’all shouldn’t be scrambling to fund a nutrition program when you literally got a mansion in the backyard just racking up maintenance costs

Not going to disagree there. 

The entire school gets free lunch. I think breakfast too if they get there in time. 

The civic groups I know of raise money to feed the football team. There could be others idk about 

How many kids at Colquitt?  That's cool they offer free lunch and breakfast.  

So I guess you do not have to be on the "frigging" football team to get fed.  

Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Well now, we are gonna risk having to move this thread but... 

The entire country shoukd be ashamed that there is any homeless person anywhere. See where I'm going? 

Priorities. 

While you wanna play troll junk about the ipf, the idea behind it is far forward of just feeding or bedding kids. 

We're talking about a cultural shift. Getting a downtrodden community to college. Making a lasting change. 

The volunteers do the feeding and stuff. Buying some kids that need it clothes. Sending home leftovers from the team feeding. Etc. 

Think a little before hopping out as an "I gotcha on your expensive ipf now!" 

• Like 2

Just now, AztecPadre said:

How many kids at Colquitt?  That's cool they offer free lunch and breakfast.  

So I guess you do not have to be on the "frigging" football team to get fed.  

Thanks. 

Bro, this is the problem. You guys have no idea and so many wanna play I gotcha on some pretty serious stuff 

I thought we were talking about football here. If you guys wanna go off on my community as a whole, I'll just bow out. 

We have a poor community. We do the best we can. We get support where we can and do what we can. Football garners a good deal of support, so, we channel that support and use it to the benefit of as many as we damn can. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Bro, this is the problem. You guys have no idea and so many wanna play I gotcha on some pretty serious stuff 

I am looking for no "gotcha" moment.  Norman Park and it's goings on are normal to you since obviously you live and grew up there.  Some of us did not, so I like to get as much info about a place to get a better understanding.  

• Thanks 1

I thought we were talking about football here. If you guys wanna go off on my community as a whole, I'll just bow out. 

We have a poor community. We do the best we can. We get support where we can and do what we can. Football garners a good deal of support, so, we channel that support and use it to the benefit of as many as we damn can. 

My questions do have to do with football or the team.  I thank you for giving me some behind the seens stuff from there. 

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ur right I don’t know Jack shit, I simply stated my thoughts on the people that prioritized a practice field over the living conditions of the community.. don’t bow out I’ll dip out because I gave my 2 cents no point beating dead horse 

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Do you think some of the churches or community that chipped in to help, will no longer be willing to since probst is no longer there?  Or will they give JR a chance and help him out?

I'm sure they're just as willing as always.

It just takes someone organizing and juggling who does what and when.

• Thanks 1