The GHSA and the Benz are splitting. Told you it was cursed.

HooverOutlaw

On 4/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, sausmann9 said:

Its hard for anyone living in a county that touches the loop to understand obsessions/fascination/disgruntleness/disdain/etc... for the GHSA.  I would enjoy hearing you and your attitude if, for the last 15 years, all kickoff classics and title games were played in Moultrie or Valdosta.  I lived in WR/Byron for years and thought it SUCKED that everything was played up there, UNTIL I moved to Marietta at which point I wondered why all the Valdosta and Colquitt fans were bitching ~ this shit was nice only having to drive 20 minutes to the Dome and having 8000 more fans making the trip, lol.

I get your point but all of the people you mention as impacted actually *live* in GA.  Outlaw lives in Alabama on the other hand yet constantly posts about the GHSA as if it directly impacts him...which it doesn't.  Me, I'll go wherever we play be it at the Benz or in Louisiana.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

I get your point but all of the people you mention as impacted actually *live* in GA.  Outlaw lives in Alabama on the other hand yet constantly posts about the GHSA as if it directly impacts him...which it doesn't.  Me, I'll go wherever we play be it at the Benz or in Louisiana.

You can't hide money......

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:
31 minutes ago, Fred said:

You can't hide money......

Rufus>>

Ha!  I don't have turpentine money backing me nor the Bent Nose Boys but I do the best I can.  40 years day before yesterday on the same day job has gotten to where I can get by okay. 😎

• Like 3

If the Benz doesn't work out, GA State stadium will be the alternate site.  I asked Robin Hines, exec director of GHSA, about moving it to Mercer.  He said it wasn't big enough and access in and out would be a problem.  I also asked about moving back to the local stadiums.  He said they want all the games in one place so they could all be on TV.  If the games are all over the state, it's impossible to do that.

I would suggest holding the games at 2 locations - Mercer in Macon and The MAC in Warner Robins. 

Georgia Southern would be out of the way for y'all and the Atlanta schools anyway... 

It's most certainly big enough though... 

But that would be a hefty drive for Colquitt and the Atlanta schools... 

Would be a true neutral site game.

Only an 40 minutes to an hour from Savannah... But we don't have to worry about any of them making it now do we? Outside of Benedictine... And a miracle run from Jenkins or New Hampstead...