You See What Happens?

Rufus69

2 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Basketball?

Probably that too... 

I got a feeling this years gonna be a good year... 

But my gut feelings ain't gospel... 

I might venture back to Southwest GA for the Colquitt-Tift game this year... I owe one to Hawg. 

I end up there anyway during football season.... Either for personal business... Or running from Hurricanes... 

In which neither works for me to well... 

Y'all get it just as bad as Savannah half the time... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Probably that too... 

I got a feeling this years gonna be a good year... 

But my gut feelings ain't gospel... 

I might venture back to Southwest GA for the Colquitt-Tift game this year... I owe one to Hawg. 

I end up there anyway during football season.... Either for personal business... Or running from Hurricanes... 

In which neither works for me to well... 

Y'all get it just as bad as Savannah half the time... 

To borrow a line from Rufus, what the Tift have you been smoking?  Seriously though, why do you think it’s going to be a good year for Tift?  Is it going to be a region champs deep run kind of year or a 3rd seed and second round exit kinda year?

11 minutes ago, thevikingnation said:

To borrow a line from Rufus, what the Tift have you been smoking?  Seriously though, why do you think it’s going to be a good year for Tift?  Is it going to be a region champs deep run kind of year or a 3rd seed and second round exit kinda year?

3rd seed...2nd round exit.

Region:

1. Lowndes

2.  Camden

3.  Tift

4.  Colquitt

Rufus>>

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

3rd seed...2nd round exit.

Region:

1. Lowndes

2.  Camden

3.  Tift

4.  Colquitt

Rufus>>

Coach Rogers better pray that doesn't happen. 

If we finish behind Tift, he may be in trouble. 

For his sake, it better be...

1) Lowndes

2) Camden

3) Colquitt 

4) Tift

xD

I see it this way.  

1) Lowndes

2) Colquitt

3) Camden

4) Tift

Here’s why:

1) Lowndes - 40 seniors.  Offense - Most of offensive line coming back.  Those kids were getting better and better towards the end of the season.  Sophomore QB will be a second year starter.  Has deceptive speed and is getting better with his passing game.  Backup QB will push him to improve quickly.  RB position will probably be by committee this year with a bruiser as a feature back, complimented by a smaller speedster.  Defense - most of defense will return.  Speed everywhere.  NOT 4.3 speed (BIG SMILE) but enough to notice.  Two defensive ends that should be really, really good.  Special team is a mystery after graduation but our backup kicker last year was pretty good.  Will have to replace Tisdale on the kickoff return team.  Experience - by making it to the semifinal round, those young Vikings got a lot of experience AND confidence.  Lowndes community is very excited about this team.

2) Colquitt - Talent pipeline was developed well by Proust.  Graduated some key position players.  If Proust were still there, I would give Colquitt the nod at the first seed.  But, with a new coach, the learning curve may be a little slower this year.  The first half of the season may be a little rough around the edges.  However, by region play, the polish will start to show.  Colquitt falls to Lowndes in a close game (by 7) at Martin Stadium.  The only thing that will slow or advance Colquitt’s cause is team chemistry with a new coaching staff and community support.  If there’s noticeable resentment in the community towards Coach Rogers, it will show on the field.  Colquitt will have some really close region games this year, losing only to Lowndes but will be pushed by Tift and Camden.  Camden will take Colquitt to overtime.  Colquitt will edge out the Wildcats to claim the 2 seed.

3) Camden - It’s “moving day” for Sphire.  His system should now be implemented with athletes fully adapting to the changes.  Camden will light up the skies this fall and leave a blue streak over a lot of opponents as they run up the score board.  Sphire’s confidence filled Wildcats take Colquitt to the brink but falls in overtime to claim the 3 seed.  As good as their offense will be this year, Camden’s defense will more likely resemble past Wildcat defenses that stifled Region 1 teams in their first two years of joining the region.  The scary thing is Camden is only getting started.  They will be a 3 seed this year but will win the region next year.

4) Tift - Tift County is one of those teams that have all the talent to compete but some how consistently underperforms.  They are a very streaky team.  Ashley Anders has changed the culture there so this year may be a breakout year for them.  Replacing their QB will hurt more than they know.  Transfer senior QB, Almond, may propel the offense quicker than expected.  In the end, Tift will threaten but fall short as the 4 seed.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Coach Rogers better pray that doesn't happen. 

If we finish behind Tift, he may be in trouble. 

For his sake, it better be...

1) Lowndes

2) Camden

3) Colquitt 

4) Tift

xD

I know what you're saying...and it is possible...but...the dynamics have changed so much that it will be interesting to see how Colquitt progresses as a team.  The NG game is gonna be key.  If we play well...then win or lose...I'll feel a lot better.  But if we don't play well in the Benz...I'm not sure just how well our season will go.  We may have a shot against WR and Alcovy...and we could outscore Thomasville.  But Grayson and Valdosta will be gunning for us and if we've shown any kind of distress...they'll see it as blood in the water.  Those two games could turn nasty.  I'd love to play well and beat TC...but truthfully, that one doesn't matter....even if we win.  It's quite possible we go into Region play at 4-3 or possibly even 3-4.

If we enter Region play against Camden on a high note...we have a chance.  But if we lose to the Bluecats...then...think not what your football program can do for you; but rather what you can do for your football program.  Best case scenario...7-4 (with a 1st round win).

Worst case...I hope it's the worst case....4-6.

Rufus>>

23 hours ago, thevikingnation said:

Btw, would you rather talk about how lowly non-powerhouse Lowndes took out powerhouse Grayson last year in the playoffs at their place?

We were a lot of things last year but I don't know that powerhouse is a good description.  I had to miss that game to be at my daughter's place for Thanksgiving but from what I heard we were doing everything in our power to give you that game.  Hearsay, but I heard it from a lot of people.

5 hours ago, thevikingnation said:

I see it this way.  

1) Lowndes

2) Colquitt

3) Camden

4) Tift

Here’s why:

1) Lowndes - 40 seniors.  Offense - Most of offensive line coming back.  Those kids were getting better and better towards the end of the season.  Sophomore QB will be a second year starter.  Has deceptive speed and is getting better with his passing game.  Backup QB will push him to improve quickly.  RB position will probably be by committee this year with a bruiser as a feature back, complimented by a smaller speedster.  Defense - most of defense will return.  Speed everywhere.  NOT 4.3 speed (BIG SMILE) but enough to notice.  Two defensive ends that should be really, really good.  Special team is a mystery after graduation but our backup kicker last year was pretty good.  Will have to replace Tisdale on the kickoff return team.  Experience - by making it to the semifinal round, those young Vikings got a lot of experience AND confidence.  Lowndes community is very excited about this team.

2) Colquitt - Talent pipeline was developed well by Proust.  Graduated some key position players.  If Proust were still there, I would give Colquitt the nod at the first seed.  But, with a new coach, the learning curve may be a little slower this year.  The first half of the season may be a little rough around the edges.  However, by region play, the polish will start to show.  Colquitt falls to Lowndes in a close game (by 7) at Martin Stadium.  The only thing that will slow or advance Colquitt’s cause is team chemistry with a new coaching staff and community support.  If there’s noticeable resentment in the community towards Coach Rogers, it will show on the field.  Colquitt will have some really close region games this year, losing only to Lowndes but will be pushed by Tift and Camden.  Camden will take Colquitt to overtime.  Colquitt will edge out the Wildcats to claim the 2 seed.

3) Camden - It’s “moving day” for Sphire.  His system should now be implemented with athletes fully adapting to the changes.  Camden will light up the skies this fall and leave a blue streak over a lot of opponents as they run up the score board.  Sphire’s confidence filled Wildcats take Colquitt to the brink but falls in overtime to claim the 3 seed.  As good as their offense will be this year, Camden’s defense will more likely resemble past Wildcat defenses that stifled Region 1 teams in their first two years of joining the region.  The scary thing is Camden is only getting started.  They will be a 3 seed this year but will win the region next year.

4) Tift - Tift County is one of those teams that have all the talent to compete but some how consistently underperforms.  They are a very streaky team.  Ashley Anders has changed the culture there so this year may be a breakout year for them.  Replacing their QB will hurt more than they know.  Transfer senior QB, Almond, may propel the offense quicker than expected.  In the end, Tift will threaten but fall short as the 4 seed.  

I like the rationale behind this. 

After talking to a few of the kids at this early stage in the Coach Rogers era, I have a feeling we'll be pretty good. At least this year. 

Depending on qb I think our talent is gonna be pretty good again next year. 

After that, the jury is out on what the new coach does to keep the program on track below the varsity ranks in development. 

I'll say this about Coach Rogers....he don't mind calling people out.  In his interview with Ga Web Development...he called out Lowndes, Valdosta, Atlanta and Grayson.  

The man has grit.

He's ready to crank the Hawg Train.  He says...ya might wanna get on board...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

...he called out Lowndes, Valdosta, Atlanta and Grayson.

The man has been in town for 5 minutes and already has on a Packers shirt and got Winnersville on his mind.  I guessed he's figured out the fastest way to rally the troops is to focus on the real enemy - Lowndes.  Next thing you know, he'll be talking about binocular gate and whipping Lowndes at Martin Stadium.  I love it.

Welcome to Region 1-7A, Coach Rogers.  It's where the football is good and the hate is great.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, thevikingnation said:

The man has been in town for 5 minutes and already has on a Packers shirt and got Winnersville on his mind.  I guessed he's figured out the fastest way to rally the troops is to focus on the real enemy - Lowndes.  Next thing you know, he'll be talking about binocular gate and whipping Lowndes at Martin Stadium.  I love it.

Welcome to Region 1-7A, Coach Rogers.  It's where the football is good and the hate is great.

Well...it's the standard..."Us against the World"...jargon.  Of course...this time it's probably true...LOL.  With the Night King horde (Metro ATL & Grayson) to the north and Cersei's hooligans (the Cats and Vikings) to the south....we're surrounded by evil.   And if you throw in the Lowndes County Walking Band for good measure...you got the makings of an all out Crusade.

And NOBODY...thumps Bibles better than we do !!!!!

OH WOE IS US !!!!!

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, thevikingnation said:

Excuse you... Colquitts real enemy is Tift County... And their own BOE.

When is the last time y'all gave Colquitt a game...?

22 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Excuse you... Colquitts real enemy is Tift County... And their own BOE.

When is the last time y'all gave Colquitt a game...?

Oh I don't know.  A guy named Michael Barrett comes to mind, leading our mighty Vikings to a double overtime win season before last.  Get the Tift outta here with that junk.  😂

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 2:20 PM, thevikingnation said:

I see it this way.  

1) Lowndes

2) Colquitt

3) Camden

4) Tift

Here’s why:

Ha!  I see what you did there.  Feeling the love.  And the joy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thevikingnation said:

Oh I don't know.  A guy named Michael Barrett comes to mind, leading our mighty Vikings to a double overtime win season before last.  Get the Tift outta here with that junk.  😂

One of the more fun games and great atmospheres I've been to. 

I'm a little different and like to take in all the small stuff. Little things like coach mannerisms and such when making calls to go for it on 4th and 3 or go for two after a td etc. Not the standard fan I guess. 

• Like 1