Why does Louisiana suck at .... Well, everything?

NorCalRuss

https://www.nola.com/business/2018/02/louisiana_worst_state_us_news.html

U.S. News (again) ranks Louisiana as the worst state in the country

Here's how Louisiana ranked in each of the categories that factored into the U.S. News ranking.

• Health care, 47th
  • Education, 49th
  • Economy, 44th
  • Opportunity,  50th
  • Infrastructure, 44th
  • Crime & Corrections, 48th
  • Fiscal Stability, 48th
  • Quality of Life, 42nd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

We in South Carolina used to say “Thank God for Mississippi”.  I guess we need to amend that.

Hey, SC is up to #42 - and our economy is #16.  Also Georgia is ahead of California.

What's the difference between a library in SC & a phone booth in NC?

A.The phone booth has a book in it.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Bormio said:

North Carolinians think their shit don’t stink.

I owned a 2nd home in Calabash NC  right on the SC boarder for 8 years.It was a great getaway from crazy NJ.Intercoastal waterway at the end of the st,6,000 golf courses(NC/SC),$400 per year property taxes,90% of my neighbors were yankees & great beaches.80% of the time the house was vacant so family & friends would schedule a week or two to vacation there.Four families packed themselves in my place at least 5 times for Bike Week & the Pavilion.Myrtle Beach SC is Disney Land compared to NC.As far as people go,I saw no difference.All were pretty nice,even the Rebs.

3 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

I owned a 2nd home in Calabash NC  right on the SC boarder for 8 years.It was a great getaway from crazy NJ.Intercoastal waterway at the end of the st,6,000 golf courses(NC/SC),$400 per year property taxes,90% of my neighbors were yankees & great beaches.80% of the time the house was vacant so family & friends would schedule a week or two to vacation there.Four families packed themselves in my place at least 5 times for Bike Week & the Pavilion.Myrtle Beach SC is Disney Land compared to NC.As far as people go,I saw no difference.All were pretty nice,even the Rebs.

People from North Carolina think they are a bit superior to the rest of the South, and certainly to South Carolina.  When BMW chose Greer, SC for its plant, the Charlotte Observer ran a cartoon of a BMW up on blocks.  They are either Yankees or Yankee wannabes.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-worst-us-states-172719904.html

Damn Alabama right there too.  You can see each States rankings in the link

Washington is the best state in the nation, while Louisiana and Alabama are the worst, according to a new analysis by U.S. News & World Report.

The American rankings and analysis website factored in health care, education, economy, infrastructure, opportunity, fiscal stability, crime and corrections, and natural environment to create its annual list of the best and worst U.S. states.

Damn it looks like Red States are not fairing well in the old color scheme including Texas.

8 hours ago, Bormio said:

North Carolinians think their shit don’t stink.

8 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

What's the difference between a library in SC & a phone booth in NC?

A.The phone booth has a book in it.

Lmao 🤣 I’ll give SC one thing. There’s a place called kiawah island 🌴 . I took vacation there, don’t ask me how I found this place cause that’s still a mystery, but that place was Legit luxury 

Looks like the Looney Liberal States are destroying Goober led Red States.  

In terms of overall economy, Colorado and Utah were considered the best states due to their strong business environments, employment numbers, and job growth. West Virginia and Louisiana were at the bottom.

For health care, Hawaii was the best state in the nation, with Massachusetts and Connecticut not far behind. And due to their public health and health care access and quality, Mississippi and Arkansas were ranked as the worst in that category.

When it comes to higher education and pre-K through 12 education, Massachusetts and New Jersey were the best of the best. About 51% of Massachusetts’ population is college-educated, while New Jersey’s 90.1% high school graduation rate is above the national average of 84.1%

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Looks like the Looney Liberal States are destroying Goober led Red States.  

In terms of overall economy, Colorado and Utah were considered the best states due to their strong business environments, employment numbers, and job growth. West Virginia and Louisiana were at the bottom.

For health care, Hawaii was the best state in the nation, with Massachusetts and Connecticut not far behind. And due to their public health and health care access and quality, Mississippi and Arkansas were ranked as the worst in that category.

When it comes to higher education and pre-K through 12 education, Massachusetts and New Jersey were the best of the best. About 51% of Massachusetts’ population is college-educated, while New Jersey’s 90.1% high school graduation rate is above the national average of 84.1%

The metrics are neat to look at, but I have never put much faith in their accuracy...

Have you ever seen any in-state best town list based on these types of metrics??? When you actually know the areas, you can get a real chuckle out of those......Kinda like some football rankings 😆

An example of bad compiling? Florida education ranked 3rd?....

giphy.gif

Now if you were not smart enough to recognize that the 'education' portion has a metric compiled from all the transplanted retirees, and not achieved through  'the states' own educational system, you could be easily mislead...

(PS: same could be said for NJ, the state being unaffordable, does not actually better the school system as this metric would presume....so not simply hating on Fla)  

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lmao 🤣 I’ll give SC one thing. There’s a place called kiawah island 🌴 . I took vacation there, don’t ask me how I found this place cause that’s still a mystery, but that place was Legit luxury 

Yes, it is nice.  1991 Ryder Cup was played there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troll said:

The metrics are neat to look at, but I have never put much faith in their accuracy...

Have you ever seen any in-state best town list based on these types of metrics??? When you actually know the areas, you can get a real chuckle out of those......Kinda like some football rankings 😆

An example of bad compiling? Florida education ranked 3rd?....

giphy.gif

Now if you were not smart enough to recognize that the 'education' portion has a metric compiled from all the transplanted retirees, and not achieved through  'the states' own educational system, you could be easily mislead...

(PS: same could be said for NJ, the state being unaffordable, does not actually better the school system as this metric would presume....so not simply hating on Fla)  

So does all that mean that Alabama and Louisiana and most Southern States are not terrible comparably?  And the people at U.S. News are pulling a fast one. 🤣

HEY HONEY WAN BE O CAMRA” 😂

I'm gonna bet he isn't helping with those rankings. 😎

• MIssicreappi will always suck.  No reason to try to figure out why.  🤣😎  And just think in 1865 this was the richest damn State in America with even dumber ancestors. Once the Free labor left so did it's wealth.  Proof they have always been dumber than dirt.  Now imagine these fools teaching you what to eat, What to  worship (White Jesus) and the English language.  That's guaranteed failure till you break away from all 3. 🤣 

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

So does all that mean that Alabama and Louisiana are not terrible?  And the people at U.S. News are pulling a fast one. 🤣

Nah, not everything is wrong......but just like any other 'ranking'....

some considerations and better context must be made... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Nah, not everything is wrong......but just like any other 'ranking'....

some considerations and better context must be made... 

I stopped in Missicreappi a couple of times.  Both Black and white people there are pretty damn backwards. 🤣I dated a Sista from Port Gibson, MS about 17yrs ago and her H.S. still had segregated Prom's.  That type of backwards.  

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I stopped in Missicreappi a couple of times.  Both Black and white people there are pretty damn backwards. 🤣I dated a Sista from Port Gibson, MS about 17yrs ago and her H.S. still had segregated Prom's.  That type of backwards.  

quick question....

While you were pulling all the Redneck videos off YouTube.... 

How in the heck did you miss this one?

😜

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Troll said:

quick question....

While you were pulling all the Redneck videos off YouTube.... 

How in the heck did you miss this one?

They are here as well.  But you have to remember in Missicreappi their go to city is Jackson. That's a big difference from Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio etc.  East Texas is where most are. 🤣  You can get away here not in Missicreappi.  They run the State and towns.  

Did You know Tyler, Texas would be the 2nd largest CIty in Missicreappi by a long shot?  My city here in McKinney would be the largest damn City in the Creappi.  Tyler, TX 104,991,  McKinney, TX 181,330 and most people in the DFW see us as a Vibrant Burb not a city. . 

Jackson is their shining Star 🤣  Where the hell else can they go there.  I can go 15 miles in any direction and find more expensive neighborhoods than my own.  There are quite a few people from Missicreappi here in the DFW. 

AVG. Home in Jackson $134, 800    AVG. Home in McKinney $309,900

Median Income in Jackson $35,308  Median Income in McKinney $87,608.  Big difference in Redneckdom 🤣

City Population
#1 Jackson 173,631
#2 Gulfport 69,913
#3 Southaven 50,389
#4 Hattiesburg 46,629
#5 Biloxi 44,527
#6 Meridian 40,809
#7 Tupelo 35,345
#8 Olive Branch 34,543
#9 Greenville 33,518
#10 Horn Lake 26,486

31 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Did You know Tyler, Texas would be the 2nd largest CIty in Missicreappi by a long shot?  My city here in McKinney would be the largest damn City in the Creappi.  Tyler, TX 104,991,  McKinney, TX 181,330 and most people in the DFW see us as a Vibrant Burb.  

Dayum. 180k in your zip code? LOLOL

I live in the most densely populated state in the entire nation, in town of 20 square miles, and a population around 13k...

While you in the that bigly big land state..... are gonna have to git one of those newfangled "texting and walking laws"....