New documents on the census confirm: Trump’s raison d’etre is white power

RedZone

38 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

The only thing marginalized is perceived injustice when there is none. But that seems to be the norm,  just like perceived collusion with the Russians. I believe you’re going to be very surprised by the amount of minority votes that swing President Trumps way. But hey, you do you...

I’m sure your deep cultural experience and historical knowledge of social injustices makes your disbelieving view authoritative on the subject. 

12 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

So just how much experience do you have as a voting age Hispanic?

The issue was about cultural experience in racism in general, which I have plenty of culturally and individually.  And a part of that cultural experience is with voter suppression  

8 hours ago, concha said:

The electoral college functions as designed.  We were never planned to be a mob rule pure democracy. So save that shit.

The 3/5 compromise was a necessary evil that limited the power of the slave states and helped eventually lead to emancipation. Right or wrong slaves were legally here. 

You either are OK with foreigners having a very direct impact on our elections or you are not.  Pick a side. You either respect out borders, sovereignty and laws or you do not.  Pick a side. You either think Americans should come first in their own country or you do not. Pick a side.

YOU are either a white nationalist or not.

Pick a side.

You do know it's OK to be WHITE and not buy into all the garbage peddled by fox and all the garbage peddled by these extreme right wing radical websites you visit?

You know that, right?

On 6/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, RedZone said:

Surprises NO ONE, I guess.....

.raison d’etre = reason or justification for existence....for wing nut nation here!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-census-scheme-exposed-a-lie-to-increase-white-power/2019/05/31/b6f40ef6-83b3-11e9-95a9-e2c830afe24f_story.html?utm_term=.50e1d3d8682d

You could look at this another way.

Meaning tht people of all genders and color have come a long way. There was a time when only White older males were allowed to vote.

Just the way it was. Right or wrong, it was what it was. Now times have changed and everyone has a right to an opinion and a vote. Organize and vote. That is the only way to get change. If enough people want change, it will happen no matter who is in charge.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

YOU are either a white nationalist or not.

Pick a side.

You do know it's OK to be WHITE and not buy into all the garbage peddled by fox and all the garbage peddled by these extreme right wing radical websites you visit?

You know that, right?

And You can flip that comment and change White for Black and Right to Left. It works both ways.

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Of course it has worked as designed, which was/is to marginalize the individual and give in to regional representation.  It’s easier to manipulate

the point is slaves were counted, but couldn’t vote.  The EC was tainted then and no need to preserve it now.  Nothing noble about it.  

“....Right or wrong”????  I don’t believe in relative morality, US slavery and more specifically human oppression is absolutely wrong, legal at the time or not.  That’s the standard I stand by and not just the idea that what’s legal should be blindly accepted 

your last paragraph is just a blabbering rant.  As if by disagreeing with you means I’m pro illegal immigration.  Silly conclusion. I can agree with the end just not the means to that end 

It was designed to ensure to protect against mob rule.  And <<Newsflash>> the mob is easy to manipulate.

The point is that slaves weren't illegal invaders.

My last paragraph is obviously something you don't feel at all comfortable addressing.

And you know it.

So let's try again:

You either are OK with foreigners having a very direct impact on our elections or you are not.  Pick a side. You either respect out borders, sovereignty and laws or you do not.  Pick a side. You either think Americans should come first in their own country or you do not. Pick a side.

Which side is yours?

9 minutes ago, concha said:

It was designed to ensure to protect against mob rule.  And <<Newsflash>> the mob is easy to manipulate.

The point is that slaves weren't illegal invaders.

My last paragraph is obviously something you don't feel at all comfortable addressing.

And you know it.

So let's try again:

Which side is yours?

I’m not gonna spend too much energy debating a guy that has to mull over if slavery was right or wrong.  

There’s nothing that makes me uncomfortable about your last paragraph.  

Which side am I on?  I made that decision over 30 years ago when I commissioned into the USAF.  I also mentor and tutor disadvantage students. That’s my small contribution.   How have you served this nation or your community? 

Just now, Horsefly said:

I’m not gonna spend too much energy debating a guy that has to mull over if slavery was right or wrong.  

Which side am I on?  I made that decision over 30 years ago when I commissioned into the USAF.  How have you served this nation?  

I don't have to mull over it.  I know it was wrong and have stated it on this site God knows how many times.

And yet another dodge. Strike two.

PS: Thanks for your service.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

I don't have to mull over it.  I know it was wrong and have stated it on this site God knows how many times.

And yet another dodge. Strike two.

PS: Thanks for your service.

That’s not what you typed though.  Go back and read.  

I already made my position known to YOU on illegal immigration as I recommended several things, over the last year,  that we’ve discussed.  It’s odd you are doubling down on this 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not what you typed though.  Go back and read.  

I already made my position known to YOU on illegal immigration as I recommended several things, over the last year,  that we’ve discussed.  It’s odd you are doubling down on this 

The saying "right or wrong" simply means "that's how it was whether good or bad". It in no way signals approval.

You are either being disingenuous or ignorant.

Do you think it's OK for a state to wield more power by harboring people who are here illegally? Yes or no?

13 minutes ago, concha said:

The saying "right or wrong" simply means "that's how it was whether good or bad". It in no way signals approval.

You are either being disingenuous or ignorant.

Do you think it's OK for a state to wield more power by harboring people who are here illegally? Yes or no?

I’m neither disingenuous nor ignorant.  In a 1 on 1 conversation, where morality is one of the issues and I’m expressing MY views, I wouldn’t be as ambiguous. But that’s fine, I’m not gonna go back n forth on this point. 

Discard the EC, representation should be equal amongst the states. Give power back to the people and let every vote matter.  

Illegal’s shouldn’t vote.  I’ve made both of these positions very clear. 

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m neither disingenuous nor ignorant.  In a 1 on 1 conversation, where morality is one of the issues and I’m expressing MY views, I wouldn’t be as ambiguous. But that’s fine, I’m not gonna go back n forth on this point. 

Discard the EC, representation should be equal amongst the states. Give power back to the people and let every vote matter.  

Illegal’s shouldn’t vote.  I’ve made both of these positions very clear. 

You are dodging the question.

The presence of illegals in this nation manipulates our constitutional elective system. They don't have to vote.

You are either OK with foreigners influencing the results of our elections or you are not. You appear to be fine with foreigners doing so because you disagree with the EC. and effectively favor mob rule of massive highly urbanized coastal states over everyone else. You do realize there are reasons we are a representational constitutional republic and not a pure democracy, right?

16 minutes ago, concha said:

You are dodging the question.

The presence of illegals in this nation manipulates our constitutional elective system. They don't have to vote.

You are either OK with foreigners influencing the results of our elections or you are not. You appear to be fine with foreigners doing so because you disagree with the EC. and effectively favor mob rule of massive highly urbanized coastal states over everyone else. You do realize there are reasons we are a representational constitutional republic and not a pure democracy, right?

I don’t think representation should be based on population...period!   I’ve stated that several times. 

The only reason why the GOP is hell bent on preserving the EC is b/c they’ve gotten their asses kicked by popular vote in several elections

The EC preserves the rural, majority white and conservative vote.  That’s what it’s all about.  It’s all about the preservation of that power base.  This point is key with the majority maintaining political majority.   

I don’t think representation should be based on population...period!   I’ve stated that several times. 

The only reason why the GOP is hell bent on preserving the EC is b/c they’ve gotten their asses kicked by popular vote in several elections

The EC preserves the rural, majority white and conservative vote.  That’s what it’s all about.  It’s the preservation of that power base, the base I want to see come down.  

The EC was designed long before the current demographics of this country existed.  We are a union of states. We are not some tiny homogeneous country like Denmark. There are plenty of liberal states for folks to go live in should they choose to (and leave the rest of us and our wallets the fuck alone). Just look for the cities with the shit covered streets and needles on the sidewalks.

Not everything in this world is about race.  FYI, the liberal movement has done more than its fair share to screw (and continue screwing) minorities and does so with a smile on its face and a "We're here to help" on its lips.

18 minutes ago, concha said:

The EC was designed long before the current demographics of this country existed.  We are a union of states. We are not some tiny homogeneous country like Denmark. There are plenty of liberal states for folks to go live in should they choose to (and leave the rest of us and our wallets the fuck alone). Just look for the cities with the shit covered streets and needles on the sidewalks.

Not everything in this world is about race.  FYI, the liberal movement has done more than its fair share to screw (and continue screwing) minorities and does so with a smile on its face and a "We're here to help" on its lips.

If you can’t tell by now I’m all for dismantling pretty much our entire political system.  I don’t care about preserving what your forefathers thought was good for this country.  We’ve developed from that and we need to evolve politically as well. 

This country has used race considerably in advancing itself economically and socially.  We can talk about key points of our history to support that if you like.  

If you can’t tell by now I’m all for dismantling pretty much our entire political system.  I don’t care about preserving what your forefathers thought was good for this country.  We’ve developed from that and we need to evolve politically as well. 

This country has used race considerably in advancing itself economically and socially.  We can talk about key points of our history to support that if you like. 

And I think there are things that should be replaced and others that should not.

I believe having a weaker federal government (as per the constitution is one).  I believe having stronger and more independent states that permit people to choose a place in their own country that best fits their beliefs is a good thing (whereas the strong federal government imposes inescapable laws and policies). This is the primary reason I like the EC.

If you've ever followed my discussions with DD, you'll know I am hardly ignorant of the racial history of this country.  I don't give a rat's ass what a person's skin color is. I believe that decentralized/devolved/localized governance is best for all because it permits choice and thus promotes freedom.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

And I think there are things that should be replaced and others that should not.

I believe having a weaker federal government (as per the constitution is one).  I believe having stronger and more independent states that permit people to choose a place in their own country that best fits their beliefs is a good thing (whereas the strong federal government imposes inescapable laws and policies). This is the primary reason I like the EC.

If you've ever followed my discussions with DD, you'll know I am hardly ignorant of the racial history of this country.  I don't give a rat's ass what a person's skin color is. I believe that decentralized/devolved/localized governance is best for all because it permits choice and thus promotes freedom.

Fair enough concha.  Have a good one.  

• Like 1