Buchanan RB Kendall Milton

ECHS05

Cali guys... What do yall think of him? I heard some of you speak highly of him this past season. Theres a better than good chance that UGA lands him before summer is up, and we definitely need our back of the future in this class... Id really like for that to be Kendall Milton or Zachary Evans (North Shore).. Or both.

But Bama offered Evans teammate Dameion George , and it looks like thats helped Bama surge into the lead.

Im just fine with Milton, he seems to be a stud. But maybe somebody like Pops or Aztec could tell me how he projects to the next level.

I think my Buckeyes are strongly in the mix too. He already took a visit to Columbus.

I was pumping Milton on both this site and the NorCal board last season. I felt he was one of the top players in CA. I saw him play several times and he always impressed. Even against DLS, where he rushed for over 100 with 3 scores. The kid has got a good mix of power, size and speed. He can catch the ball. Very good athlete. He should translate quite well.

IDK whether you have access to NFHS network, but if you do there are a couple complete games to view.

• Like 2

Yeah I think the kid is a pretty legit back. 40 time seems a little slow, but that’s such an over rated standard. Football speed is what counts not what you do wearing a pair of shorts in a controlled  environment. Jerry Rice ran a “slow” 40 so the experts said 😂

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mje44 said:

He's a beast but his recent 40 time was very suspect. High 4.7's I believe 

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I buy into that. Every time I've seen him play he's appeared plenty fast enough. IDK, perhaps he's a Jerry Rice type that runs faster in games than his 40 times.

5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah I think the kid is a pretty legit back. 40 time seems a little slow, but that’s such an over rated standard. Football speed is what counts not what you do wearing a pair of shorts in a controlled  environment. Jerry Rice ran a “slow” 40 so the experts said 😂

Should have read further down the thread before I commented. You beat me to it with your Jerry Rice comment.

Bright minds think alike. ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I buy into that. Every time I've seen him play he's appeared plenty fast enough. IDK, perhaps he's a Jerry Rice type that runs faster in games than his 40 times.

Georgias RB Elijah Holyfield ran a 4.79 40 on his 1st attempt & a 4.81 on his 2nd at the NFL combine.

He went undrafted because of that, but watch just a few minutes of his highlights & tell me he looks like a 4.8 guy. He had a lot of runs he bounced to the outside & I never saw him ran down like his 40 would suggest he would be.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Georgias RB Elijah Holyfield ran a 4.79 40 on his 1st attempt & a 4.81 on his 2nd at the NFL combine.

He went undrafted because of that, but watch just a few minutes of his highlights & tell me he looks like a 4.8 guy. He had a lot of runs he bounced to the outside & I never saw him ran down like his 40 would suggest he would be.

Another good example. Watched plenty of him if times and his “slowness” was never any issue. 

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

very true. He looks like an animal on film & at camps. Amon Ra ran a 4.67 in high school I believe. 

Its amazing what a bad get off or bringing your head up too early will do to your 40 time. His 40 obviously doesn't tell the whole story.

But I do believe it should be noted. Especially for a 5star. 

• Like 2

Had a good official to LSU, I believe. Not sure we will land him, but the family loves the campus. 

Wherever he goes, he’ll be behind 5* kids and will have to earn his stripes.

i remember y’all “landed” John Emery last summer. Then the 💰 post came out and all of that. Funny. But I was happy he early committed to y’all because everybody knew whoever he picked first was gonna end up pissed. Don’t see that with Milton.

good luck-

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Had a good official to LSU, I believe. Not sure we will land him, but the family loves the campus. 

Wherever he goes, he’ll be behind 5* kids and will have to earn his stripes.

i remember y’all “landed” John Emery last summer. Then the 💰 post came out and all of that. Funny. But I was happy he early committed to y’all because everybody knew whoever he picked first was gonna end up pissed. Don’t see that with Milton.

good luck-

Emery was from LA though... His commitment to Georgia almost came out of nowhere. No one was shocked he decommited and landed at LSU. 

His Grandparents & Uncle were flown out to UGA yesterday... Which hasnt happened anywhere else.

And theres this ..  https://mobile.twitter.com/fatherofballers/status/1140071583454760965?s=21

UGA will lose Brian Herrien (#2 on depth chart) to graduation & probably D'Andre Swift (#1 on Depth chart) early to the NFL Draft. Which leaves us with Zamir White (#1 RB in 2018 class), James Cook (#3 APB in 2018 class), & Kenny McIntosh (#11 RB in 2019 class).

Zamir White is coming off 2 ACL tears on both knees... Who knows if he'll ever be the same as he hasnt played since halfway through his senior year in HS. James Cook is fast but hes not an every down back, still too light. And Kenny McIntosh is unproven. 

So we most definitely need Milton, our depth chart is the most inviting and our OL recruiting has been on point. Its a perfect situation. I think UGA can land Milton & Zachary Evans personally.

Depends what’s needed by the players and families and their situations.

Milton has family in Louisiana so flying in the rest wasn’t necessary, as many were already there. 

I don't see where the pups have an advantage over anybody for a cali kid,  but I’m never surprised when jawja lands anybody.

First thing kirby did when he got the job was get the deep pocketed alums what was necessary for them to win again. He got them to buy in, literally and figuratively. He learned from the best. 

Just like pruitt at Tennessee. 

45 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Depends what’s needed by the players and families and their situations.

Milton has family in Louisiana so flying in the rest wasn’t necessary, as many were already there. 

I don't see where the pups have an advantage over anybody for a cali kid,  but I’m never surprised when jawja lands anybody.

First thing kirby did when he got the job was get the deep pocketed alums what was necessary for them to win again. He got them to buy in, literally and figuratively. He learned from the best. 

Just like pruitt at Tennessee. 

Not saying theres some built in advantage for GA to win over a Cali kid.

Im saying hes favoring UGA from what a few have said, Kirbys an elite recruiter, & the situation at GA is the best for him depth wise. LSU brought in 2 good RBs last year... Bama is about to get Evans probably & they got Sanders last year. OSU isnt getting him.

He has distant relatives in LA. He flew in his Grandparents & Uncle to UGA because he wants to go there & is tight with his fam.

UGA is gonna win this one.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Not saying theres some built in advantage for GA to win over a Cali kid.

Im saying hes favoring UGA from what a few have said, Kirbys an elite recruiter, & the situation at GA is the best for him depth wise. LSU brought in 2 good RBs last year... Bama is about to get Evans probably & they got Sanders last year. OSU isnt getting him.

He has distant relatives in LA. He flew in his Grandparents & Uncle to UGA because he wants to go there & is tight with his fam.

UGA is gonna win this one.

Good luck. LSU needs one RB this cycle. Just want a great one.

no need in being greedy two years in a row.

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I think he ends up at Tennessee. 

Pruitt ain’t playing. He went to the saban school of landing recruits.......

The moonshine mafia is back in bizness. 

They have the 28th ranked class nationally at the moment (2020 class). Which is only good for 10th in the SEC... Gotta do better than that to hang with the big boys of Alabama & Georgia. LSU also.

Their past class (2019) finished 12th nationally but was still only good for 7th in the SEC. I wouldn't call that elite but its not bad considering their record on the field last year.

They got 1 WR from Marietta GA last year, I believe they are going to get Mariettas QB Harrison Bailey, and their WDE BJ Ojulari. That makes 3 Marietta kids, and unfortunately I think thats going to help them land 5* TE/ATH Arik Gilbert out of Marietta also... Who was once a heavy UGA lean.

I dont see any connection between Rakim Jarrett & Tennessee though. It is puzzling for a WR of that caliber to go to LSU though, who the hells going to throw him the ball? Thats been LSUs biggest question mark the past few years.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:53 PM, Blueliner said:

Agree with these guys. Milton’s a beast. I think he’d be truly exceptional running behind the beef at GA or OSU. Best RB in CA. 

USC 's 4 star RB Kenan Christon of Madison High of San Diego should be considered also as the best RB in CA. He was also the State 100 (tied the State Record), 200 Meter Champion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

They have the 28th ranked class nationally at the moment (2020 class). Which is only good for 10th in the SEC... Gotta do better than that to hang with the big boys of Alabama & Georgia. LSU also.

Their past class (2019) finished 12th nationally but was still only good for 7th in the SEC. I wouldn't call that elite but its not bad considering their record on the field last year.

They got 1 WR from Marietta GA last year, I believe they are going to get Mariettas QB Harrison Bailey, and their WDE BJ Ojulari. That makes 3 Marietta kids, and unfortunately I think thats going to help them land 5* TE/ATH Arik Gilbert out of Marietta also... Who was once a heavy UGA lean.

I dont see any connection between Rakim Jarrett & Tennessee though. It is puzzling for a WR of that caliber to go to LSU though, who the hells going to throw him the ball? Thats been LSUs biggest question mark the past few years.

A lot of changes at LSU in the passing game with Brady coming in from the Saints. Things are certainly looking up.

I would say the same for the pups. What’s so great about your passing game? Fromm threw for less yards than Burrow, who was in the program ten weeks before he took his first snap against Miami. 

I chuckle at the pups thinking Fromm is the wunderkind. He’s a solid QB, but this whole top pick in the draft is laughable. He reminds me of David Greene. Not a knock at all, because Greene was a great college QB. Fromm just hasn’t done anything that makes me go WOW. He played well against the gumps,  but that’s kinda it. He got destroyed against LSU. I don’t know. 

I just laugh when people think the SEC is scared of Fromm. I don’t see it.