6/22 DLS Passing Tounrey

Blueliner

On 6/29/2019 at 3:24 PM, Blueliner said:

Yep. The Valley in the house!!!

It sounds like a bit of strange year for DLS, in the sense that they seem lousy with DBs but have no standouts at LB. 

Now that you've had some time to reflect on what you've seen, do you have any new insights that you haven't already shared with us?

19 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

It sounds like a bit of strange year for DLS, in the sense that they seem lousy with DBs but have no standouts at LB. 

Now that you've had some time to reflect on what you've seen, do you have any new insights that you haven't already shared with us?

BB,

Here's what I can tell you (IMHO). They are going to run their schedule...minus STA and the Open. And I'm not saying that they can't win those games. But obviously those will be extremely elite teams so there's no guarantees. That said, the Open rep nor STA can guarantee a win over DLS either with the offense that I predict that Sparty will have. 

As I ponder all of the details/pieces heading into the season, my gut feeling is that DLS is going to be pretty damn good. Hale will have a big year. He just looks so damn confident out there. He's one of those guys that makes everyone around him more confident. He's got a strong and pretty accurate arm, and let's remember that this kid was running circles around everyone he's played against over the years. As a junior now (bigger and stronger), I expect that we'll see him showing off of the wheels a little more. 

Despite the losses to grad, I think the line play on both sides is going to be strong. This team will have talent, and we won't see too much of a drop off (if any). Tagaloa (6-3 250 Soph) will be a lineman now. If the LBs pan out, I predict strong games against STA and the Open rep. I personally think they're going to kill Folsom. 

We'll just have to wait and see......😎

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

BB,

Here's what I can tell you (IMHO). They are going to run their schedule...minus STA and the Open. And I'm not saying that they can't win those games. But obviously those will be extremely elite teams so there's no guarantees. That said, the Open rep nor STA can guarantee a win over DLS either with the offense that I predict that Sparty will have. 

As I ponder all of the details/pieces heading into the season, my gut feeling is that DLS is going to be pretty damn good. Hale will have a big year. He just looks so damn confident out there. He's one of those guys that makes everyone around him more confident. He's got a strong and pretty accurate arm, and let's remember that this kid was running circles around everyone he's played against over the years. As a junior now (bigger and stronger), I expect that we'll see him showing off of the wheels a little more. 

Despite the losses to grad, I think the line play on both sides is going to be strong. This team will have talent, and we won't see too much of a drop off (if any). Tagaloa (6-3 250 Soph) will be a lineman now. If the LBs pan out, I predict strong games against STA and the Open rep. I personally think they're going to kill Folsom. 

You’ve always been a bit more glass half full than me but I think you are way, way overlooking Folsom 

folsom has a half dozen guys higher rated than DLS’s top guy (that hasn’t happened before), easily could have won last year, and get an overconfident DeLa at home for first time 

this game is close to 50/50 and not much different than STA IMho (ie 55% v 33%)

I have a hard time seeing this team beat an academy team in SBG (5%)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

BB,

Little early for the sauce isn’t it? Haha

120B0C78-5786-4159-A650-0DC74B96938A.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pops said:

You’ve always been a bit more glass half full than me but I think you are way, way overlooking Folsom 

folsom has a half dozen guys higher rated than DLS’s top guy (that hasn’t happened before), easily could have won last year, and get an overconfident DeLa at home for first time 

Folsom: New coach(es), replacing their whole offense minus the Badge, the slot kid (forget his name), Lynch, and Ngata. Those are obviously solid pieces, but DLS will dominate along the lines this time, and Hale won’t be starting his first game as a soph. Expect a big game for him. Folsom was in last year’s game but didn’t score...with THAT offense. Folsom will take a step back from last year. DLS won’t. Whatever little they lose on D they will make up for on O and then some. It’s not even close...the skill kids are much better for DLS this year. 35-14 DLS.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

They may be 0-2 by Sep 1st.... 

E3FDA759-C15A-4F91-80AE-7F56D290E6AA.gif

Is Central Catholic your team?

I remember last year's game. They seemed well coached and sound on both offense and defense. It seemed like they just didn't have the athletes to keep up with DLS.

If so, what's your honest take on this year's game?

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I just looked up Folsom's roster on 247sports. They do have 4 guys rated higher than DLS's highest rated player, but their QB isn't rated and they've got only one lineman rated, a 3* SDE.

Hopefully the impact of their star WR and RB will be limited by mediocre QB and O-line play. And hopefully this year, it won't take DLS two quarters to get their offense figured out. 

We'll see, I guess. I can't wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

You are right Pop’s,  DLS will likely be a 1 loss team when they play and with all that talent and home field advantage Folsom should be a heavy favorite in this game and to claim the Open Birth....

The  Reality is that only one team has something to play for and that is DLS.... This is a no lose game for Folsom because they really don’t want to play in the open, they prefer D-1AA where they can squeak out a win against San Diego...

Folsom has proven they are  afraid of the Real So Cal Open Teams which is why they have purposely ducked those teams, and DLS until last year (Folsom’s Greatest Team Ever), on their 8 year run.... 

I am with @Bluelinerand see DLS pulling the “Upset” on the road 55-21....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Is Central Catholic your team?

I remember last year's game. They seemed well coached and sound on both offense and defense. It seemed like they just didn't have the athletes to keep up with DLS.

If so, what's your honest take on this year's game?

They are. I was just messing with Blueliner as he knows. 

CC is a great local small school with lot of community involvement. I know some teachers/coaches there and several players. They have some good young talent coming up but not enough to beat DLS. Very few schools ( maybe 25 ish?) in this country would be favored against DLS. Need a great DL to beat them. 

CC has strong QB ( 3 sport player and family friend )returning . 

They have a very good rb returning ( dad is Miguel Olivo MLB). Stub soph rb ( if his dad lets him get moved up, grew up with his mom). Kid is good athlete, black belt in karate, stud baseball player started as Freshman on runner up team. 

They have very good wr returning. 

Have some big kids coming up so the line should be good but not beat DLS good  

They lost several players this year that went on to college for football so it will be tough to replace. They just lost a big kid that transferred. 

They will be the best team in valley.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Lol! Yeah for sure! With my prediction history I likely just made DLS a 4 loss team đŸ˜łđŸ€Ł

You were right last year going into Folsom game. Your predictions were correct. You completely missed the boat on Pitt, however. But you get a pass on that one. Pitt is just to erratic to predict

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

You are right Pop’s,  DLS will likely be a 1 loss team when they play and with all that talent and home field advantage Folsom should be a heavy favorite in this game and to claim the Open Birth....

The  Reality is that only one team has something to play for and that is DLS.... This is a no lose game for Folsom because they really don’t want to play in the open, they prefer D-1AA where they can squeak out a win against San Diego...

Folsom has proven they are  afraid of the Real So Cal Open Teams which is why they have purposely ducked those teams, and DLS until last year (Folsom’s Greatest Team Ever), on their 8 year run.... 

I am with @Bluelinerand see DLS pulling the “Upset” on the road 55-21....

Folsom the heavy favorite LOL. Nobody is buying your early sandbagging oc. If Folsom somehow manages to beat THIS dls team then they will have earned it. Of course, you'll still be here to discredit them.

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Folsom: New coach(es), replacing their whole offense minus the Badge, the slot kid (forget his name), Lynch, and Ngata. Those are obviously solid pieces, but DLS will dominate along the lines this time, and Hale won’t be starting his first game as a soph. Expect a big game for him. Folsom was in last year’s game but didn’t score...with THAT offense. Folsom will take a step back from last year. DLS won’t. Whatever little they lose on D they will make up for on O and then some. It’s not even close...the skill kids are much better for DLS this year. 35-14 DLS.

I hear you but you are really underestimating Folsom. They're going to be very solid this season. They have enough star players to make it competitive. Remember, last season DLS coaches spent the entire summer game planning for Folsom and the game was at home. They wont have the same luxuries this year. 

38-31 DLS

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I hear you but you are really underestimating Folsom. They're going to be very solid this season. They have enough star players to make it competitive. Remember, last season DLS coaches spent the entire summer game planning for Folsom and the game was at home. They wont have the same luxuries this year. 

38-31 DLS

There you are! 😁

I'm not underestimating Folsom as much as I think that DLS will be really good. I'm sure Folsom is going to be really good too. But Remember that Folsom had all summer to prepare for DLS as well. And it was Hale's first start with a wafer-thin playbook. That's why I think it was such a stalemate early on. DLS' strong defense locked 'em down (for the most part), and DLS' lack of offense (and Folsom's good defense) kept it fairly even. That won't be the case this time. Ironically, it wasn't Folsom's skill guys that kept them in the game. It was their much-improved play in the trenches. Unless Folsom replaces that group with studs just like them, I think DLS wins this one kinda handily. I think Folsom's turnover pretty much everywhere including coaches, QB, the whole offense (minus he aforementioned kids), 3 of 4 DL starters will be just too much for them to overcome. IMHO. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom the heavy favorite LOL. Nobody is buying your early sandbagging oc. If Folsom somehow manages to beat THIS dls team then they will have earned it. Of course, you'll still be here to discredit them.

He was being sarcastic.😉

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

You were right last year going into Folsom game. Your predictions were correct. You completely missed the boat on Pitt, however. But you get a pass on that one. Pitt is just to erratic to predict

I did predict the outcome, but it was tighter than I expected. I knew that the DLS defense would be stout, but I didn't expect a shutout. I also expected DLS to score more than 14. So we'll see how this one goes.

Pitt kills me every year! I'm not going down with that ship anymore. They're Pitt until proven otherwise. But I do like that they continue to step up and challenge themselves. 

4 hours ago, Blueliner said:

From your lips to Gods ears but am not sure how little the loss on D is 

if they had last years front 7, I’d agree with you, but DLS had some big losses 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I just looked up Folsom's roster on 247sports. They do have 4 guys rated higher than DLS's highest rated player, but their QB isn't rated and they've got only one lineman rated, a 3* SDE.

Hopefully the impact of their star WR and RB will be limited by mediocre QB and O-line play. And hopefully this year, it won't take DLS two quarters to get their offense figured out. 

We'll see, I guess. I can't wait.

Stars are nice. But unless they're in the right positions, I don't lend too much credence into that.

DLS will have Hale, Garrett, Coby, Norfleet, Daley, Hearns, McAdoo, Zeke, Bianchina, Dean, Roe, Tasi, Crespi, Puckett, Taofaeono, Seastrand, Hackett...etc. These are all really good players already in key positions. I'm telling ya, if the backers develop, DLS will be onto something. If they show well (or somehow win) against STA, that will springboard this team. They're fired up. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pops said:

From your lips to Gods ears but am not sure how little the loss on D is 

if they had last years front 7, I’d agree with you, but DLS had some big losses 

DL - This group is going to get after it!

Ben Roe (6-0 285) DT - Offers so far from Eastern Wash, Army, N. AZ, SJSU for football. He's been lighting up all of the local lineman camps. Has an offer from Cal to play Rugby, and several for wresting. Squats 600 lbs. Quick with great hand speed.

Chad Tasi (6-1 275) DT - Coaches high on him for a long time. Had a great soph season last year playing A LOT on varsity. This is the year he breaks out. Offers will come.

Taofaeono - (6-1 260) DT/DE Only a soph, but according to sources he is very Boss Tagaloa -ish and can play varsity now.

Crespi and Seastrand will be the DEs. Both high motor guys that are tough. Both line up at about 6-2, 240-250.

The LBs are big. They look the part. But honestly only looked OK in the passing tourneys. But obviously we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Garrett will lead a group of DBs that'll be about 7 or 8 deep. 

This defense will be fine. Seriously. They may be as good as last season. Maybe not right out of the gate (maybe they will), but they'll be alright as the season progresses.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Just because he predicated that DLS would upset Folsom by 34 points?

I stand corrected. Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned. I think that he was serious about the score, but being sarcastic about DLS being the underdog. 😀

• Haha 1