6/22 DLS Passing Tounrey

Blueliner

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

There you are! 😁

I'm not underestimating Folsom as much as I think that DLS will be really good. I'm sure Folsom is going to be really good too. But Remember that Folsom had all summer to prepare for DLS as well. And it was Hale's first start with a wafer-thin playbook. That's why I think it was such a stalemate early on. DLS' strong defense locked 'em down (for the most part), and DLS' lack of offense (and Folsom's good defense) kept it fairly even. That won't be the case this time. Ironically, it wasn't Folsom's skill guys that kept them in the game. It was their much-improved play in the trenches. Unless Folsom replaces that group with studs just like them, I think DLS wins this one kinda handily. I think Folsom's turnover pretty much everywhere including coaches, QB, the whole offense (minus he aforementioned kids), 3 of 4 DL starters will be just too much for them to overcome. IMHO. 

I was sitting with ya @ that game cheering on DLS. Lol. Folsom should’ve went into halftime with a big lead. They had everything go bad for them in that game. 

Its similar to some of DLS loses oos they should’ve won and didn’t. 

• Like 3

On 6/22/2019 at 11:25 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Great recap.  Everything DLS puts in on offense if geared to open things up in the SBG.

image.png.043be748ae293ec0d1fa45306e1ec005.png

I read the thread title and thought, DLS passing tournament???

But then I reread it a few times and realized it was a "Passing Tounrey", which seems apropos based on the Spartan's limited use of the forward pass.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Just because he predicated that DLS would upset Folsom by 34 points?

36 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I stand corrected. Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned. I think that he was serious about the score, but being sarcastic about DLS being the underdog. 😀

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Then where the hell were his emojis he's known for letting me know it's sarcasm !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the Sarcasm was in regards to @Pops Stating it is a "50/50" game... And stating @Bluelineris "Underestimating" Folsom....

When in fact it is Pop's who is as usual greatly Overestimating Folsom (As Usual) this year by hanging on to last years 2 TD Shutout Loss with Folsom's greatest team ever... 

What the Folsom Contingent continues to ignore is that DLS will never underestimate Folsom because DLS is the one putting their SBG Birth on the line in these games, not Folsom...

I myself said months ago that "This would be Folsom's best Shot at DLS." Since I made that statement I ran into a DLS coach I have known for years and spoke with him about this years team for almost an hour and have read all of Blue's awesome, detailed posts and I have changed my tune to 55-21 DLS....

That is not "Underestimating" Folsom, but just being realistic... What could Folsom Possibly bring to the Table this year against DLS that is going to swing a 2 TD loss with Folsom's "Best team Ever" and the Most Loaded Offense Folsom has ever had?... While DLS will actually bring an Offense to this game this year with new wrinkles and no Training Wheels on DLS's QB this year... A QB who is now "experienced" and put up 21 Point's on MD in the SBG with his ARM and all Skill Players returning, Bigger, Stronger and Faster...

Folsom has had 3 Shot's at DLS during their 8 year Run and have been outscored 108 to 38, that is an average of 12.66 Points per game by the 3 Greatest Teams in Folsom History and their "Vaunted" Offenses...

DLS has shown there is no problem with shutting down Folsom's Offense, Folsom will have no chance this year stopping DLS's offense because it will be more dynamic like the Offenses that "Hung 40" on Folsom with ease back when Sweeney was the QB...

So I say 55-21 DLS, and no one is Underestimating Folsom, just being Realistic....:)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Yes, the Sarcasm was in regards to @Pops Stating it is a "50/50" game... And stating @Bluelineris "Underestimating" Folsom....

When in fact it is Pop's who is as usual greatly Overestimating Folsom (As Usual) this year by hanging on to last years 2 TD Shutout Loss with Folsom's greatest team ever... 

What the Folsom Contingent continues to ignore is that DLS will never underestimate Folsom because DLS is the one putting their SBG Birth on the line in these games, not Folsom...

I myself said months ago that "This would be Folsom's best Shot at DLS." Since I made that statement I ran into a DLS coach I have known for years and spoke with him about this years team for almost an hour and have read all of Blue's awesome, detailed posts and I have changed my tune to 55-21 DLS....

That is not "Underestimating" Folsom, but just being realistic... What could Folsom Possibly bring to the Table this year against DLS that is going to swing a 2 TD loss with Folsom's "Best team Ever" and the Most Loaded Offense Folsom has ever had?... While DLS will actually bring an Offense to this game this year with new wrinkles and no Training Wheels on DLS's QB this year... A QB who is now "experienced" and put up 21 Point's on MD in the SBG with his ARM and all Skill Players returning, Bigger, Stronger and Faster...

Folsom has had 3 Shot's at DLS during their 8 year Run and have been outscored 108 to 38, that is an average of 12.66 Points per game by the 3 Greatest Teams in Folsom History and their "Vaunted" Offenses...

DLS has shown there is no problem with shutting down Folsom's Offense, Folsom will have no chance this year stopping DLS's offense because it will be more dynamic like the Offenses that "Hung 40" on Folsom with ease back when Sweeney was the QB...

So I say 55-21 DLS, and no one is Underestimating Folsom, just being Realistic....:)

Getting some input from one of the coaches is gold . Over the years I have run into Terry E. and he has always been open about the strengths and weaknesses of each of those spartan teams. Some of those years he was really excited about the prospects. No one knows the in and outs like a coach. So if this guy convinced you to increase the spread, I'm with you. I still respect Folsom and know this will be a challenge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

image.png.043be748ae293ec0d1fa45306e1ec005.png

I read the thread title and thought, DLS passing tournament???

But then I reread it a few times and realized it was a "Passing Tounrey", which seems apropos based on the Spartan's limited use of the forward pass.

What the?...Who the?...Why didn't anyone say anything before now?! I feel like Bluto in Animal House. "It's not over!! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!?" …."just let him go, he's on a roll". 

Thanks, max🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I was sitting with ya @ that game cheering on DLS. Lol. Folsom should’ve went into halftime with a big lead. They had everything go bad for them in that game. 

Its similar to some of DLS loses oos they should’ve won and didn’t. 

Very true. Don't get me started 😣🤣 But I'll just say that the illegal procedure (mental) and the 27 turnovers (great defense) were because DLS pressured Folsom unrelentingly. Folsom was like, "WTF? we're used to being up by 35 at half". This was a tough close game, no doubt. DLS is used to playing close tough close games. They played with poised down the stretch. I don't think that anyone is surprised DLS pulled it out. ...says the guy after the fact😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Last year was not Folsom’s best team ever. Best athletes yes, but def not best team. 

You and I both know last season’s game easily could have gone either way. DLS did not look to be any better than Folsom. They caught some lucky breaks. Both teams were evenly matched. 

We’ll see what happens this year at Folsom. I admit I think DLS should win but I think Folsom makes it closer than blue’s prediction. 

Regardless I’ll be rooting for DLS when they take on STA. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Last year was not Folsom’s best team ever. Best athletes yes, but def not best team. 

You and I both know last season’s game easily could have gone either way. DLS did not look to be any better than Folsom. They caught some lucky breaks. Both teams were evenly matched. 

We’ll see what happens this year at Folsom. I admit I think DLS should win but I think Folsom makes it closer than blue’s prediction. 

You should go down for the game. Definitely meet up for the Folsom game. It'll be crazy downtown. 

• Like 1

So, Folsom by 17?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Getting some input from one of the coaches is gold . Over the years I have run into Terry E. and he has always been open about the strengths and weaknesses of each of those spartan teams. Some of those years he was really excited about the prospects. No one knows the in and outs like a coach. So if this guy convinced you to increase the spread, I'm with you. I still respect Folsom and know this will be a challenge.

He got me Fired up about their Lineman which is what we spent most of our time discussing, they feel they have an outstanding group on both sides of the ball....

Since the line play was my biggest concern for the upcoming season, it changed my opinion of the team from viewing this as a “Transitional” year and thinking 2020 is the year it will all come together, to they are closer then everyone thinks to taking down the So Cal Champ which is why a incredible challenge like STA is on the schedule in the first game....

@Blueliner has been nailing it with his assessments of the Linemen and overall posts about the team.... There is a ton of excitement within the program right now...

My 55-21 prediction against Folsom honestly comes from my lack of respect for them.... Ever since “The Folsom” Rule  I have felt they have purposely Ben dodging CA top teams so they could run up the score and set records and rack up titles against lower level teams that have no chance of beating them to protect their Rankings.... 

So a 34 point spread comes more out of my own lack of respect for Folsom.... In reality, DLS rarely “Hangs 50” on anyone unless they need to so realistically it’s probably a 35-14 type of game...

That all being said.... 55-21 DLS and I am sticking to it!!!...🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

He got me Fired up about their Lineman which is what we spent most of our time discussing, they feel they have an outstanding group on both sides of the ball....

Since the line play was my biggest concern for the upcoming season, it changed my opinion of the team from viewing this as a “Transitional” year and thinking 2020 is the year it will all come together, to they are closer then everyone thinks to taking down the So Cal Champ which is why a incredible challenge like STA is on the schedule in the first game....

@Blueliner has been nailing it with his assessments of the Linemen and overall posts about the team.... There is a ton of excitement within the program right now...

My 55-21 prediction against Folsom honestly comes from my lack of respect for them.... Ever since “The Folsom” Rule  I have felt they have purposely Ben dodging CA top teams so they could run up the score and set records and rack up titles against lower level teams that have no chance of beating them to protect their Rankings.... 

So a 34 point spread comes more out of my own lack of respect for Folsom.... In reality, DLS rarely “Hangs 50” on anyone unless they need to so realistically it’s probably a 35-14 type of game...

I don't know who you are...but taking my hat off to you.  Your calling out the devil like no one else.  Keep doin what your doin.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

We differ in our opinion of last years game... If DLS needed to score more against Folsom last year they would have opened up the offense... that game could have easily been 28-0 DLS just as “It could have gone either way” so it is a moot point....

Just look at the Cathedral Catholic game... they are a D1-AA team that shut down Folsom in the most important game of the year... DLS knew they could shut down Folsom’s Offense since they have every time they played so they put the training wheels on the QB to limit mistakes and let the Defense win the game.... That is what I saw, it was flat out great coaching on DLS part....

You create your own luck with 7 sacks and Forcing 5 turnovers... DLS looked like a Open Team Trusting their Defense to win, Folsom looked like a D-1AA Team struggling to score....

And yes last years team was just as good as Browning’s teams, how can you say it was not?... 2014 beat no one, but I guess they were undefeated so Folsom fan can always say “We would Have”.... If last years team ducked DLS like 2014 and cited “The Folsom Rule” then what would make them any different then 2014?...

I can tell you, they would have been Back to Back D-1AA champs with a 32 game winning streak so they would actually be better on the field then the 2014 team....

And believe me, the day Folsom schedules CC or MV I will be dressed in Bulldog Blue pulling for Folsom to bring one home for Nor Cal....

Until then, I too will be rooting for DLS to bring home a big win over STA for Nor Cal and Cali!!!....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Did he share anything about the LB's

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Did he share anything about the LB's

Yes, he said that is the position they Obviously lost the most, but they are excited about the young talent they have there especially the sophomore class.... But he said they are young and need “Experience” and have a lot of work to do but next year in 2020 he said he believes that if the young, talented kids step up it could be a strength on the team.... 

I interpreted that is they need more size and speed, and this year will be a work in progress, but I haven’t seen them play in pads so that is just my interpretation....🙂

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

We differ in our opinion of last years game... If DLS needed to score more against Folsom last year they would have opened up the offense... that game could have easily been 28-0 DLS just as “It could have gone either way” so it is a moot point

Such an awful take. All that you say is the same nonsense all the time. We get it, you hate Folsom... sorry I meant you don’t respect them. Your quote above shows how completely biased you are. Nothing left to talk about here. 

Goodnight gentlemen. 

We differ in our opinion of last years game... If DLS needed to score more against Folsom last year they would have opened up the offense... that game could have easily been 28-0 DLS just as “It could have gone either way” so it is a moot point....

Just look at the Cathedral Catholic game... they are a D1-AA team that shut down Folsom in the most important game of the year... DLS knew they could shut down Folsom’s Offense since they have every time they played so they put the training wheels on the QB to limit mistakes and let the Defense win the game.... That is what I saw, it was flat out great coaching on DLS part....

You create your own luck with 7 sacks and Forcing 5 turnovers... DLS looked like a Open Team Trusting their Defense to win, Folsom looked like a D-1AA Team struggling to score....

And yes last years team was just as good as Browning’s teams, how can you say it was not?... 2014 beat no one, but I guess they were undefeated so Folsom fan can always say “We would Have”.... If last years team ducked DLS like 2014 and cited “The Folsom Rule” then what would make them any different then 2014?...

I can tell you, they would have been Back to Back D-1AA champs with a 32 game winning streak so they would actually be better on the field then the 2014 team....

And believe me, the day Folsom schedules CC or MV I will be dressed in Bulldog Blue pulling for Folsom to bring one home for Nor Cal....

Until then, I too will be rooting for DLS to bring home a big win over STA for Nor Cal and Cali!!!....🤣🤣🤣

Good post, dude. And I'm with you. I would travel down to Corona or MV in Bulldog Blue if those games could be scheduled somehow. Seriously.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Such an awful take. All that you say is the same nonsense all the time. We get it, you hate Folsom... sorry I meant you don’t respect them. Your quote above shows how completely biased you are. Nothing left to talk about here. 

Goodnight gentlemen. 

Save your energy. Have a good night. We have about 75 more days of this until the game 😎

• Like 1

Found this little bit of footage of Zeke. He's a freshman playing on JV in these clips. He's about 6-1 180 now entering his soph year on varsity. He looks like he could grow into a OLB or a stud SS. You can see why DLS is excited to have him. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that they can find a spot for him to play😀

http://www.hudl.com/v/2B09a4

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Agreed. Kid can fly. He's going to get some serious PT this year as a soph. He'll be a focal point on both sides of the ball in '21.

That kid looks real good. I like the size reminds me of a young Cameron Colvin. Did he get any reps in passing league? At 6-1 180 good size for a corner or big safety.  From the vid. looks like he's not afraid to "lay the wood" either. May need him there against STA. 

• Like 1