Native American Tribes

ChimpGrip

On 7/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, ChimpGrip said:

I ask because I just got back from our annual trip to a ranch down in Webb County, Texas, right outside of Laredo. Since we first started going there in 2000, I have found a ton of tools, scrapers, and arrowheads - all of which belonged to the Coahuiltecan Indians.

what are you looking to find out?

Well the first thing is you want to stop calling them Native Americans.  They are native Indians and native to south Asia. 

They are migrants from South Asia who lost about half their population on their trek down to the states. 

They never were even suppose to go that far. And by the time they got here, it would have been a death sentence to go back so they were essentially trapped here and forced to live on the land. 

The Nordic Vikings sailed here long before the native Indians came but went back once they realized there was nothing going on. 

Then when the Europeans came back, the native Indians were already here they asked them, “ is this your land?”  The native Indians responded “well no but we came here and kind of got trapped so we set up shop”

so the Europeans said ok that sounds good. We will set up shop too. 

Fast forward a couple hundred years later and here we are making comments on a message board 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, ChimpGrip said:

General history on tribes for now but I will later get more into the differences in tools, languages, and ways of life.

East coast Indians were different from the plains...

and you will need to pick your perspective of view....

Typical mainstream view of the Lenape...

Or not so typical view of the Lenape... 

take your pick...

On 7/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Well the first thing is you want to stop calling them Native Americans.  They are native Indians and native to south Asia. 

They are migrants from South Asia who lost about half their population on their trek down to the states. 

They never were even suppose to go that far. And by the time they got here, it would have been a death sentence to go back so they were essentially trapped here and forced to live on the land. 

The Nordic Vikings sailed here long before the native Indians came but went back once they realized there was nothing going on. 

Then when the Europeans came back, the native Indians were already here they asked them, “ is this your land?”  The native Indians responded “well no but we came here and kind of got trapped so we set up shop”

Fast forward a couple hundred years later and here we are making comments on a message board 

LOL on the historical view 🤣

FYI: who says all the Vikings went back?

Did you notice that Lenape chief has blonde hair and blue eyes?

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

stupidread.jpg.41e6bd6047f7a2a5187e701c625a5154.jpg

• Haha 2

On 7/1/2019 at 2:41 PM, concha said:

The Vikings came before the American Indians' Asian ancestors did? 

What history books have you been reading? 

People are estimated to have lived in the Americas for at least 15,000 to 20,000 years. And they weren't blonde guys named Olaf. 

Indians also report mound people living here when they got here...

What makes you think there were not 'pre-Viking' culture incursion or residential settlement as well?

And see last post about the blue eyed blondes...

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Indians also report mound people living here when they got here...

What makes you think there were not 'pre-Viking' culture incursion or residential settlement as well?

And see last post about the blue eyed blondes...

Reading is fundamental. 

I said Vikings were not here before the Asians. Since people are known to have lived in the Americas for 15 millenia or more, we'd be talking about blonde Europeans magically making it over the European ice sheets how exactly? 

Also, the lighter skin pigmentation common to today's Europeans is thought to have evolved only in the last 6,000 - 8,000 years or so. 

On 7/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, concha said:

Reading is fundamental. 

I said Vikings were not here before the Asians. Since people are known to have lived in the Americas for 15 millenia or more, we'd be talking about blonde Europeans magically making it over the European ice sheets how exactly? 

Also, the lighter skin pigmentation common to today's Europeans is thought to have evolved only in the last 6,000 - 8,000 years or so. 

I was not disagreeing...

should have put "also" as the first word not the second...(and as well)...yes fundamental reading I know.

just saying there is more complexity and still some unknowns than in the basic theory. 

I'm sure you can agree with that...

There is lots of evidence we have yet to understand.

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

I was not disagreeing...

should have put "also" as the first word not second...(and as well)...yes fundamental reading I know.

just saying there is more complexity and still some unknowns than in the basic theory. 

I'm sure you can agree with that...

There is lots of evidence we have yet to understand.

It is known that Vikings came to the Americas before Columbus. And there are stories of a Welsh king, Phoenicians... But these would have to have happened 10 millenia or more after the Asians came. 

Then there are the stories of the light-haired and light-skinned Mandan and their somewhat European culture, unique language and vaguely Christian religion... Though if you look at photos of actual Mandan, you'd be hard-pressed to mistake the black hair for blonde... 

On 7/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, concha said:

It is known that Vikings came to the Americas before Columbus. And there are stories of a Welsh king, Phoenicians... But these would have to have happened 10 millenia or more after the Asians came. 

Then there are the stories of the light-haired and light-skinned Mandan and their somewhat European culture, unique language and vaguely Christian religion... Though if you look at photos of actual Mandan, you'd be hard-pressed to mistake the black hair for blonde... 

Yes and the Lenape are Known as the 'original people'...or the granddaddy of all the east coast tribes.

They claim a history of around 12,000 years on our east coast. 

By the 16-1700's many in the tribes were fair skinned and blue eyed.

Those were my additions, and I made no other claims...

Specifically noted any other incursions other than the Vikings(which is pretty much accepted now in 7-8-900's) as being pre-Viking.

There is certainly more than one set of Asians crossing Alaska in the mix.  

and Several Thousands (not just a couple thousand) of years...

6 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Do any of you know of good books about particular Native American tribes?

Idk of any books but I will gladly help you in anyway possible. 

I'd like to do more research Cherokee Native Americans. I know very little on them.

I do dabble in Navajo and Blackfoot history from time to time as I have direct ancestors from both those tribes.