Gays over God (again)

Nolebull813

22 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Okay, I get it now. 

President Donald Trump probably didn’t realize he’d struck such a nerve with NFL players when he implored team owners to “get that son of a bitch off the field” for protesting during the national anthem.

The line drew loud applause at the president’s political rally in Huntsville, Alabama, but the words cut deep into America’s most popular sports league, where the majority of players are black and many of them grew up in tough neighborhoods, raised by strong women.

“I’m a son of a queen,” an emotional Falcons defensive lineman Grady Jarrett said.

“There are no SOBs in this league,” Lions coach Jim Caldwell said Sunday, when at least 200 NFL players either knelt, sat, stretched or prayed during the “Star Spangled Banner” to protest Trump’s remarks. Three teams didn’t even take the field until the national anthem was over.

The protest campaign that started last year with former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was down to just six players last week. But Trump’s weekend attack on athletes sparked angry reactions from around the sports world and drew defiance from most of the NFL.

Total spin job...who calls someone a son of a bitch and really means that person's mom is a bitch... c'mon already...too.much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Then don't say it if you don't mean what you say. If that was said to me in person, I am going to kick some ass, get my ass kicked or go to jail, in that order. The same goes for the MF'er comment.

The backbone of the Black family is the female.

Certain things are not to be uttered without retribution. 

WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

I forgot you are a sensitive delicate snowflake...carry on...both of your personalities that is! LOL

On 7/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

What I do know is that some people need a religion. You take that away and some people get into drugs or booze or gang violence, etc... without religion.

“Religion is the opium of the masses”.  Maybe one of the best quotes ever.   I’m all for guiding people in the direction of prescribed truths.  Imagine hundreds of millions fretting about that which is unspoken, unwritten, unheard, and for the most part, unseen.

• Like 1