Emergency scheduling issue for BC High (Mass.)

Adam Kurkjian

On 7/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, eaglesinsider said:

Not sure. They told me that the only FL teams they heard from were Columbia and one of the good Miami schools and they don't think they're ready for that kind of competition yet. I know Moore Haven is in a similar boat too, smaller school having a hard time finding opponents. Their HC told me Colquitt contacted them a couple weeks back.

What does the coach consider a "powerhouse"?  I define it as a team who has won multiple state titles.  But that's just me .  

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Of course they would.  LOL.  Since ISB is no more. 

Considering Colquitt's schedule was full for this season for a month or more already, I'd assume any contact with that school was for a scrimmage which we did need and couldn't find an opponent for... Until IMG got scared and went squirrely on Columbia and left some daylight for Colquitt to sneak in and get that scrimmage date filled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Considering Colquitt's schedule was full for this season for a month or more already, I'd assume any contact with that school was for a scrimmage which we did need and couldn't find an opponent for... Until IMG got scared and went squirrely on Columbia and left some daylight for Colquitt to sneak in and get that scrimmage date filled. 

One teams loss is another's gain 

• Like 1

We hadn't had KOC opening bc of IMG but when game got moved it opened door for us to add another national power in Colquitt

If only we were able to keep IMG for week 9 on top of Colquitt for KOC

Would have been a pretty damn good slate of competition for a team looking to take the next step as a program (columbia)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How do you not know about Columbia with me on here LMAO

Haha.  That's only been recent.  Once I see them play, then I can form an opinion.  Do they have any nationally televised games?  Is the IMG game going to be on TV or does IMG still broadcast their games on Facebook?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Haha.  That's only been recent.  Once I see them play, then I can form an opinion.  Do they have any nationally televised games?  Is the IMG game going to be on TV or does IMG still broadcast their games on Facebook?

Probably not nationally televised but I may try finding out if the prep zone will broadcast the Colquitt vs Columbia KOC and ik last year Columbia filmed a few of the road games 

I'm sure they will have at least 2 games on NFHS network this year and maybe more on other avenues but I'll let you know

I still have the IMG game from last year recorded if you want to watch it

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Probably not nationally televised but I may try finding out if the prep zone will broadcast the Colquitt vs Columbia KOC and ik last year Columbia filmed a few of the road games 

I'm sure they will have at least 2 games on NFHS network this year and maybe more on other avenues but I'll let you know

I still have the IMG game from last year recorded if you want to watch it

Yeah, post the IMG game on here so we can watch.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Yeah, post the IMG game on here so we can watch.  Thanks.

08-17-2018 vs IMG Academy (Part 1)

https://www.facebook.com/IMGAcademy/videos/248527309327058/

08-17-2018 vs IMG Academy (Part 2)

https://www.facebook.com/IMGAcademy/videos/459886124497234/

first one you will have to fast forward a bit because it started recording while on weather delay but it includes the start of game and part 2 includes the rest after the first video cuts off

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They had their oppty vs STA on 10/4. Smh

That game would be more fun for us to talk about on here, but realistically that's a lopsided matchup in STA's favor. Obviously, playing a team like STA could help BC High in the sense that it could better prepare them for the playoffs. On the other hand, BC High likely beats Capital Prep, and even though the two opponents are night and day in terms of ability level, playoff-point-wise, a win vs. Capital Prep helps a lot more than a loss to STA does. BC High barely made the playoffs last season with a 2-5 record and had to play Xaverian in an 8 vs. 1 seed matchup in the first round. With the way things look heading into the season, going into the playoffs with a 4-3 as opposed to 3-4 record, or whatever the case may be, would make a huge difference, both in terms of getting in and having a better seed. I don't know if that's the logic that BC High used in this scenario, but I'm guessing it would be close to that.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:17 PM, Adam Kurkjian said:

If one of these games is not filled, the Eagles will not be able to qualify for our playoffs. The other team must be a member of its state's federation in order for the game to count here.

I don't know how it got this bad, this late, but here we are.

Cocoa has 10 games scheduled but they are open on the 11th. Who knows if they would be willing? Could be worth a call.