Coalition of African American pastors

rockinl

15 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

This is from whom? A right slanted publication. Fake news.

Blaze Media is an American conservative media company founded in December 2018 by a merger between TheBlaze, a pay television network founded by Glenn Beck, with Conservative Review, a website founded by talk radio personality Mark Levin. The company's co-presidents are Tyler Cardon and Gaston Mooney.

Real credible source.

Ha.

As usual, you jump in with both feet without any research because of your blind hatred for everything  Pro America! This piece was actually written by Katherine Burgess from the Commercial Appeal. The daily newspaper in Memphis.

Description

The Commercial Appeal is a daily newspaper of Memphis, Tennessee, and its surrounding metropolitan area.

oh yeah, I almost forgot...idiot!

8 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

As usual, you jump in with both feet without any research because of your blind hatred for everything  Pro America! This piece was actually written by Katherine Burgess from the Commercial Appeal. The daily newspaper in Memphis.

Description

The Commercial Appeal is a daily newspaper of Memphis, Tennessee, and its surrounding metropolitan area.

oh yeah, I almost forgot...idiot!

It's actually covered by a number of publications.

Reverend Owens at CAAP doesn’t hide his political allegiance. He’s simply following right leaning sentiment on the subject.  So what

Although he claims he has a message for blacks, he  peddles it on a majority white network as a frequent guest on F&F.   Yeah, no thanks that’s a red flag for me.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

Now we know who's the idiot.

Always knew.

I could give two shits about who covered what! It was written by:

Former Memphis pastor tells Nike to cut ties with Colin Kaepernick, 'stand up for America'

KATHERINE BURGESS | MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL APPEAL
3:15 p.m. PDT July 16, 2019

Katherine Burgess covers Shelby County government and several suburbs for The Commercial Appeal. 

So GFYS’s

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Reverend Owens at CAAP doesn’t hide his political allegiance. He’s simply following right leaning sentiment on the subject.  So what

Although he claims he has a message for blacks, he  peddles it on a majority white network as a frequent guest on F&F.   Yeah, no thanks that’s a red flag for me.  

So I guess Rep. Ayanna Pressley (and you?) would count him as brown skin but not a brown voice.  Step to, Reverand! You outta line!

23 minutes ago, concha said:

So I guess Rep. Ayanna Pressley (and you?) would count him as brown skin but not a brown voice.  Step to, Reverand! You outta line!

He is who is he, I don’t need to account for him at all.

Fox and other right leaning media like seeking, finding and using the black dissident to oppose black focused issues because they hope it discredits both the claim and claimant.  “If a black guys says its not racism, well it’s not racism!” 

This thread is a perfect example. Why is the CAAP position so important that several news sources felt the need to report it?  😂 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

He is who is he, I don’t need to account for him at all.

Fox and other right leaning media like seeking, finding and using the black dissident to oppose black focused issues because they hope it discredits both the claim and claimant.  “If a black guys says its not racism, well it’s not racism!” 

This thread is a perfect example. Why is the CAAP position so important that several news sources felt the need to report it?  😂 

"Dissident".

Thanks for proving my point.

👍  🤣

dis·si·dent
/ˈdisədənt/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who opposes official policy, especially that of an authoritarian state.
    "a dissident who had been jailed by a military regime"
    synonyms: dissenter, objector, protester, disputant; More

adjective

1. 1.
    in opposition to official policy.
    "there is only one explicitly dissident voice to be heard"
    synonyms: dissentient, dissenting, disagreeing; More

35 minutes ago, concha said:

"Dissident".

Thanks for proving my point.

👍  🤣

dis·si·dent
/ˈdisədənt/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who opposes official policy, especially that of an authoritarian state.
    "a dissident who had been jailed by a military regime"
    synonyms: dissenter, objector, protester, disputant; More

adjective

1. 1.
    in opposition to official policy.
    "there is only one explicitly dissident voice to be heard"
    synonyms: dissentient, dissenting, disagreeing; More

So it’s synonymous with disagreeing and objecting.  I never said they object to black focused policies but black focused issues.  

Let me cut to the chase. He’s free to think as he desires without me condemning him as being less black or a traitor.  We are not monolithic and I embrace the differences in thought     

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Tell us, using solid examples, why this  is wrong ... ???  What don't you agree with and why ??.....Enlighten us, please....

When media is extreme to one side it means their agenda is driven to that side and they write & post articles that support that agenda.  Blaze is pretty far right 

A6396FBD-5ABE-42D5-9436-F4BE5B802719.png

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Love your style, however, this  was posed to another poster what he did not agree with in the post and to give example of why he did not...You did not either....

I just told you why.  Partisan pubs are not credible as they posture the news to support their agenda.  Everything is through the lens of their party.  

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Kap was criticized socially, was he doing something right? 

Man Colin Kapernick is a white guy with a white name and white parents living in a white neighborhood. Lol. 

And he was only criticized for being an Anti American piece of horse feces. There’s no escaping criticism for that no matter what background 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Blaze is right, but their points are well founded.....I usually agree too...Not always, but..🤙🤙

Of course you think they’re right. 😂 

They confirm your right leaning biases and they have an audience to sell their news.  You all make a happy union 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Man Colin Kapernick is a white guy with a white name and white parents living in a white neighborhood. Lol. 

And he was only criticized for being an Anti American piece of horse feces. There’s no escaping criticism for that no matter what background 

There’s differences in how his kneeling was interpreted.  This is old and already well discussed news.  No need to rehash 

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Paarti

Patrisan means wrong ?????? I know, I know, but that agenda is not wrong because it's from the right...Can't say that and the other knows appears not to want to learn....

News is party neutral, to present it any other way is tabloid reporting.  

It shouldn’t lean one way or another.  That leaning leads to manipulation of the facts to present that party into the best light.   

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

News is party neutral, to present it any other way is tabloid reporting.  

It shouldn’t lean one way or another.  That leaning leads to manipulation of the facts to present that party into the best light.   

You are correct. How is that working out for Trump, the right, and anyone in general who disagrees with left politics?

13 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I wish that was true...."shouldn't lean one way or the other"... "News is party neutral"....that's not news and is also not always the case....The Worst are MSNBC and CNN.....

All you are doing is showing your bias towards that type of media that caters to the extreme of your party.  The ones hat do that so hat are all bad

but enjoy your news it’s obviously what makes you feel you’re on the winning team 

15 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

So, your saying that because Iam Conservative and don't care for those two networks, Iam biased ??..Extreme is a word used to a fault today and I will stay on course .....I don't care for those outlets, however gather data and opinions from many venues...Including those two and others....Just read "Death of the West", by Pat Buccannon which was written almost 20 years ago...He was correct in much of it and a few cases were worse....Thomas Sowels is one of my guys too...Mark Levin, Rush and read a lot about John Adams...My beliefs come from  several  experiences and places, I feel good about  it, as Iam sure you do about yours.........and will stay on this path as my resolve is resolute.....

No you’re biased because you only saturate your mind with conservative news.  You’ve admitted this many times now you are trying to paint yourself as an unbiased observer 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Now, what do you believe .....????  You like MSNBC and CNN. ...Are you an appeaser, anything goes guy ??? Stand and be counted...

I don’t watch MSNBC nor CNN.  The first step to being open minded is not thinking people fit into your tidy box.  I like NPR and AP news.   I’ve said this before 

24 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

No, not at all, however,my resolve does mean that after 50 years of reading history  and seeing what the left is trying to accomplish, i'am against that and those of Progressive and secular beliefs.....That is  not biased,rather that is what I have learned and seen...Those without a road map never, never find the path....I'am John Adams....

What are the progressive beliefs you have?  

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

In other words he isnt really black...sort of like Kane

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

In other words he isnt really black...sort of like Kane

Nope didn't say that at all.  But I did say this:

"...He’s free to think as he desires without me condemning him as being less black or a traitor.  We are not monolithic and I embrace the differences in thought"     

56 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Nope didn't say that at all.  But I did say this:

"...He’s free to think as he desires without me condemning him as being less black or a traitor.  We are not monolithic and I embrace the differences in thought"     

I didnt say you did. However you cant deny that it has been said about him and any other minority who supports President trump.  Hell just last week one of the squad told all minorities to shut up because they were hurting their races. 

Rep Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) “We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice”

I wonder how much hell would have broken lose had a Republicon said that?