Navy Instructor Pilots Refusing to Fly Over Safety Concerns

DevilDog

On 4/7/2017 at 5:25 PM, DevilDog said:

Exactly I wouldn't fly in them either.  And then the comment above.  One reason I don't participate in these type forums. Figured a few disciplined Military guys would respond and then tragedy happened the last surviving member of the MAYFLOWER have F%%%d it up in post #3 already.  Blame Obama, liberals, BLM, and what other obsession's you harbor and let civility reign on this topic.   That fool called me a Moron on a story that I have not one damn thing to do with but found it interesting. 

And you found it interesting, because you thought that it was a reflection on the slow progression of the Trump agenda! ALL due to the LEFT WING WHACKOS dragging their legislative feets, who don't give a RAT'S ASS about America! All they are concerned with is getting Trump out of office!

By the BY, Barry is a FUCKING NO NUTS CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bet that former KGB operative Putin, nearly died from laughter, when Barry's gurl Hills gave him that plastic reset button!

40 minutes ago, Pops said:

Cmon Gunny

its Rab

hes our SOCIntellectual 

intersting to me that you say you wouldn't fly in them either -- at what point does the line move on whether you follow orders?

as far as I know, the only thing on the other side of that line is an unlawful order 

safety is, of course, an imperative, but am not totally comfortable with effectively is organized mutiny 

wish this would have been handled by normal channels of complaints/ resolution rather than active service members effectively striking

(but sounds like someone wasn't making good decisions above the instructors, so am sympathetic)

On the Mayflower there was an ole time tested adage! "OURS is NOT to reason WHY, OURS is to DO or DIE!!!" I guess the modern day pussy Jarheads have a different credo! My D I is being mean to me, so I think I'm gonna file a LAWSUIT against him!"xDxDxD 

21 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Whose fault was this ???What administration downgraded our military, changed rules of engagement, who made our military pussies ????? NOBAMA !!!! Served under two Democrats who like to appease.. 

DEVIL DAWG is too fucking ignorant to know any of this, because he's a subscriber of CNN!(Communist News Network) It BOGGLES the mind, how ANY military personnel, BLACK, or ANY Jew can back the DEM Party! They care ZERO, ZIP, NADA, about those entities!

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Cmon Gunny

its Rab

hes our SOCIntellectual 

intersting to me that you say you wouldn't fly in them either -- at what point does the line move on whether you follow orders?

as far as I know, the only thing on the other side of that line is an unlawful order 

safety is, of course, an imperative, but am not totally comfortable with effectively is organized mutiny 

wish this would have been handled by normal channels of complaints/ resolution rather than active service members effectively striking

(but sounds like someone wasn't making good decisions above the instructors, so am sympathetic)

It's a training environment and not an operational mission, so safety is paramount in avoiding the loss of life or limb.  I would not fly them either.  The worst that would happen is the pilot candidates would be removed from training and effectively "failing"'pilot training they could be removed from active duty. (In many cases failure from technical training is grounds for being removed from active duty)  

If this was an operational mission it would have been a little more complicated to refuse to fly.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

It's a training environment and not an operational mission, so safety is paramount in avoiding the loss of life or limb.  I would not fly them either.  The worst that would happen is the pilot candidates would be removed from training and effectively "failing"'pilot training they could be removed from active duty. (In many cases failure from technical training is grounds for being removed from active duty)  

If this was an operational mission it would have been a little more complicated to refuse to fly.  

Thanks -- makes sense

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Cmon Gunny

its Rab

hes our SOCIntellectual 

I surely don't support mutiny and disobeying orders.  But you do know in the Military you are allowed to object to something that is a safety issue if there is a clear definition even if ordered.   I don't think they are part of an organized mutiny.  No where did it say they were being given Article 15's or Office hours in USMC Terminology.  Which led me to believe higher ups deemed their reluctance to have substance.  Yes it is dangerous when orders are not followed. But I don't think a pilot was told to fly and he said to hell with that. I read it as they deemed the planes unsafe and relayed their concerns.   We don't disagree much on this subject for sure about the proper channels.

6 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

DEVIL DAWG is too fucking ignorant to know any of this, because he's a subscriber of CNN!(Communist News Network) It BOGGLES the mind, how ANY military personnel, BLACK, or ANY Jew can back the DEM Party! They care ZERO, ZIP, NADA, about those entities!

Yep your post is a classic example why they don't want a damn thing to do with any Party or for that matter any damn group with you in it.  Let that BOGGLE your mind.  Which if it was a fuel source wouldn't power a piss ants motorcycle around a BB.  Now go back to your room and sit in the dark.  I bet George Wallace is tattooed on your ass. 

On 4/7/2017 at 11:30 PM, Horsefly said:

Here's an article that is 30 years old and talks about the Air Force cannibalizing parts for aircraft.  It's been a long standing practice and is nothing new.  

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/07/16/us/lacking-parts-armed-forces-cannibalize-costly-warplanes.html

And WHICH DEM was in office at THAT time? SEEMS to be a pattern forming heah!

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Yep your post is a classic example why they don't want a damn thing to do with any Party or for that matter any damn group with you in it.  Let that BOGGLE your mind.  Which if it was a fuel source wouldn't power a piss ants motorcycle around a BB.  Now go back to your room and sit in the dark.  I bet George Wallace is tattooed on your ass. 

Is you mammy named George?

And let me type SLOOOOOOOWLY, so..........you.........can........ un........der........stand......me! Your boy Barry did everything humanly possible, to make the United States military NONEXISTENT! PRESIDENT Trump has been in office 70 days! And he has had to do what Barry WOULDN'T, with the weakest fighting force, since the Revolutionary war! You won't hear THIS on CNN BUT! The state of the United States Army is FRIGHTENING! Fewer than 10% of our fighting force, is capable of being deployed at this time! ALL due to the Raghead Pres from the Indonesian madrasa! Before inauguration day! The United States Navy, of which I'm an alumnus, had ONE carrier deployed! Seventy days later, we have TWO! Fast forward to the beginning of PRESIDENT Trump's SECOND term, and we will have the strongest military, the World has EVER KNOWN!

On 4/8/2017 at 11:29 AM, World Citizen said:

I don't think the DOD does a budget or do accounting or have audits.  Ever!  Only agency or department that doesn't I think.  Its a black hole for our money.  I wouldn't give one more dime until they start to keep up the acct. books. If it's important enough to spend that much money then it's important enough to have a budget/audit.

Then WHY did Trump hafta beg for 54 billion dollars, to try to fill a portion of DOD's shortfall during the Barry administration?

22 hours ago, Pops said:

Cmon Gunny

its Rab

hes our SOCIntellectual 

lol.....not sure where this out of the blue :/shot came from...besides the few times I apparently hurt your feelings...

i'm far from a RabidONE... my likes to post ratio proves that as it far exceeds his, and yours

man up... stop asking for attention ... that part of your comment was so stupid everyone ignored it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

lol.....not sure where this out of the blue :/shot came from...besides the few times I apparently hurt your feelings...

i'm far from a RabidONE... my likes to post ratio proves that as it far exceeds his, and yours

man up... stop asking for attention ... that part of your comment was so stupid everyone ignored it

I was wondering what that meant too.  Didn't make sense.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, noonereal said:

lol

maybe mismanagement and sourcing.... shall we say,improprieties are more the problem? 

There is no doubt that the biggest single source of waste in the government budget is the military, why are we not all clamoring to fix it?

The military needs a complete overhaul. Needs to be structurally redesigned from who enlists to benefits to procurments to EVERYTHING . 

Throwing money at it is the worst idea ever. 

Did you serve nor?

Just now, noonereal said:

obviouisly only someone that served can read about the waste... military vision, right? 

Do not pass it off as your own thought then, give the source who is the one actually developing the argument for the overhaul.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what needs to be overhauled, what benefits need to be changed and why?

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

nope, 171 in the draft, they called up to 170 my year

Wow, you definitely caught a break.  I am a strong supporter of our military, however I have never supported the draft. Nor would I. I believe one of the many reasons we have the strongest forces in the world is because we are a volunteer force. Im not sure how I would have felt had I been forced to join the Marine Corps 

Just now, thc6795 said:

Wow, you definitely caught a break.  I am a strong supporter of our military, however I have never supported the draft. Nor would I. I believe one of the many reasons we have the strongest forces in the world is because we are a volunteer force. Im not sure how I would have felt had I been forced to join the Marine Corps 

see, I feel different

I think we should all serve.

Just like I think we should be one country not 50 states

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do not pass it off as your own thought then, give the source who is the one actually developing the argument for the overhaul.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what needs to be overhauled, what benefits need to be changed and why?

maybe tomorrow

My theories on how and why are not easily shared on a message board.