Throwback 2012: St John Bosco (12-1) Trinity League Champs vs Jordan High Utah State Champs highlights (34-33 game)

BobbySanchez

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’ve worked with and for LDS folks over the years.  My daughters had a number of LDS friends in school and I’ve personally experienced the opposite.  They’re not going to throw down the suds, but they  seem to have fun just the same.

You don't know my cousins, and their friends.

Thanks for sharing though. And the baller(s) I hooped with and against out west in senior tournaments (Montana)... had sliding contests on the floors after the game AFTER a long night of drinking.. who could slide the furthest on their own sweat.

giphy.gif

Post on good christian fella....😁

BGW

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You don't know my cousins, and their friends.

Thanks for sharing though. And the baller(s) I hooped with and against out west in senior tournaments (Montana)... had sliding contests on the floors after the game AFTER a long night of drinking.. who could slide the furthest on their own sweat.

giphy.gif

Post on good christian fella....😁

BGW

Having many cousins who are devout Mormons and being from SLC, I’d say there are many “Jack Mormons”. There are also also many who live by the Word. 

I will say this about Mormons, there isn’t a better group of people at looking out for others on earth. I’ve seen the church feed, cloth and take care of people who were everything but LDS. Countless times. They try to do right by people. 

I don’t agree with many of their viewpoints and things, but I have no beef with them. 

Good people, for the most part.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’ve worked with and for LDS folks over the years.  My daughters had a number of LDS friends in school and I’ve personally experienced the opposite.  They’re not going to throw down the suds, but they  seem to have fun just the same.

Mormons are some of the kindest, polite, hard working folks I've ever met in my life. Maybe I'm being biased, but the far majority I've met were very pleasant people. Reminds me of Japanese people a lot the Mormons do

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

Mormons are some of the kindest, polite, hard working folks I've ever met in my life. Maybe I'm being biased, but the far majority I've met were very pleasant people. Reminds me of Japanese people a lot the Mormons do

It’s almost freaks me out how nice they are.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, bigrobstercraws said:

For that level, they have a very competitive non-league with Servite, MD and St. Mission Viejo. They'll likely finish that run 3-3 or 2-4 depending on the El Toro game. They've split the last two years. 

Villa Park is in the transition mode of their program to move it up in relevance ( new upgrades to the campus practice facility... new home stadium that I am told will rival SA Stadium... 10k or so. ). Their campus is just a 10 minute walk from OLU. They are still a ways away from "ready for prime time" but after a few more seasons they will be there. They have very nicely moved from a totally "non relevant" program, to one that now cannot be overlooked ( by most teams ) to be more than competitive on any given day. I will be at their game with MD to see them up close.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Villa Park is in the transition mode of their program to move it up in relevance ( new upgrades to the campus practice facility... new home stadium that I am told will rival SA Stadium... 10k or so. ). Their campus is just a 10 minute walk from OLU. They are still a ways away from "ready for prime time" but after a few more seasons they will be there. They have very nicely moved from a totally "non relevant" program, to one that now cannot be overlooked ( by most teams ) to be more than competitive on any given day. I will be at their game with MD to see them up close.

I didn't know about the stadium. That sounds pretty nice. 

They had a very good frosh team last year going 9-1 with their only loss vs. Servite and win over St. Mission Viejo. This might be the North County version of the Diablos taking former Trinity League starters displaced by blue chip recruits. Didn't they get that kid from Mater Dei last year?

• Thanks 1