Throwback 2012: St John Bosco (12-1) Trinity League Champs vs Jordan High Utah State Champs highlights (34-33 game)

BobbySanchez

SJB should have lost this game and this Jordan Utah team was probably one of the best Utah teams in state history, they won their state 52-8! State record!

This Jordan Utah team from what I've been told was loaded with transfers some from California and their starting Oline was around 6'5 300lb+ all seniors who played together since freshman. Burly Utah mountain men sons of blue collar workers and SJBs loaded front 7 all D-1 couldn't budge them

The last play was a 4th and 18 miracle throw from Josh Rosen (NFL Cardinals QB) and SJB won 34-33. They should have lost to this Utah team. That SJB team was absolutely loaded with their QB as an NFL star and next year they would go 16-0 and win National, State, and CIF Champs.

This Jordan Utah team should have beaten that SJB team, very impressive for Utah. Not Bishop Gorman game, this game was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

They were a good team

My point is simply this. Utah has, had, and will continue to have really, really good teams. That Jordan team very well was the Trinity League Champs and hell could have won the California state champs that year. That's how good they were. That SJB team was loaded to the teeth. All their Trinity league victories were blowouts and some of their kids were some of the most athletic, fastest kids in all of LA and Long Beach, a place known for NFL talent and Jordan bunched those kids in the mouth.

A lot of talent in Utah. I know. I’m from there and played QB behind the biggest line in the state my Sophomore year of HS! That included UofU, BYU, Utah St, Weber St and all of the jucos! 

We had three tongan kids, one Samoan and one Mexican. They couldn’t block for shit, but they were big sunbitches. 

Ny cousin Dave coached Bingham in their heyday and my uncle Ken is The Godfather of the program. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

My point is simply this. Utah has, had, and will continue to have really, really good teams. That Jordan team very well was the Trinity League Champs and hell could have won the California state champs that year. That's how good they were. That SJB team was loaded to the teeth. All their Trinity league victories were blowouts and some of their kids were some of the most athletic, fastest kids in all of LA and Long Beach, a place known for NFL talent and Jordan bunched those kids in the mouth.

But your other point is that SJB won OOS on the road.

Trinity league stand.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigrobstercraws said:

The 2013-2015 SJB had the best RB in program history. Though.

McGrew averaged 10.5 yards per carry his senior year in TL play. 

SJB is like a STA type program. Every year they will find another type of kid like that, that's just how they roll. I wanted to give some love to the state of Utah and Jordan High a public school for giving that loaded SJB team hell. I follow SJB and knew their program before Negro so I know this game surprised the hell out of me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

SJB is like a STA type program. Every year they will find another type of kid like that, that's just how they roll. I wanted to give some love to the state of Utah and Jordan High a public school for giving that loaded SJB team hell. I follow SJB and knew their program before Negro so I know this game surprised the hell out of me

I get that. But, not one RB even got close to 10.5 yards per carry in TL play.

4 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

Sammy you know I love the Trinity League! T-Bone needs to step it up with Servite and bring back the glory days ;)

Their black uniforms aren't as intimidating when they lose half the time but man they're still so badass.

Check back next year.  TT stopped the transfer bleeding, and had an excellent incoming freshman class last year.  Competed well with MD

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

Wasn’t trying to hijack your thread. Pointing out Utah football from somebody who played, coaches and knows it. 

Fair point on the beetdiggers. They were in our region when I played.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Wasn’t trying to hijack your thread. Pointing out Utah football from somebody who played, coaches and knows it. 

No worries my man! The state of Utah defeated De La Salle, that's enough to validate the state for me honestly. With the super teams in California emerging like SJB and MD, these are IMG type programs. I'm afraid those days to compete with SJB and MD will be much more difficult to replicate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Check back next year.  TT stopped the transfer bleeding, and had an excellent incoming freshman class last year.  Competed well with MD

I was in complete shock when Villa Park defeated Servite and almost beat Mission Viejo. Servite needs to compete in the transfers arms race in order to sniff those MD/SJB teams. I don't know if he will go with that

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Another thing, I talked to some of the parents and the players about that game and they said the Utah altitude while playing in the sweltering heat really affected them. They had trouble breathing, gassed easily, and lost focus throughout the game. These are 4-5 Star players we are talking about. They had 4 turnovers that game. Utah should use this strategy for out of state games man!

5 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

Not all their TL victories were blowouts.  They needed ot to beat JSerra.  They lost to a 3 loss Long Beach Poly.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I may add a Trinity league team squeeked by a bunch of necktie wearing, bicycle riding Mormons.

BGW

p.s. I know cuz I got cousins from there and in addition to being Mormon, are obnoxious as hell.

I’ve worked with and for LDS folks over the years.  My daughters had a number of LDS friends in school and I’ve personally experienced the opposite.  They’re not going to throw down the suds, but they  seem to have fun just the same.