DeMatha vs St. Joseph’s Prep Scrimmage Sat., 8/17

BigDrop

17 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Coach Bill McGregor, in an interview after DeMatha’s scrimmage against St. Mary’s Ryken this morning, said that DM (MaxPreps #10) scrimmages St. Joseph’s Prep (MaxPreps #12) next Saturday.  No other info on it.

DeMatha is #21 in MaxPreps and we have to remember that this was Ryken.  Last year they showed up with only 25 players and were destroyed by DM.  Heard next scrimmage against NCA is a dual practice type scrimmage.  Real test is when they scrimmage St. Joe's Prep (MaxPreps #22). 

21 minutes ago, WCACFan said:

DeMatha is #21 in MaxPreps and we have to remember that this was Ryken.  Last year they showed up with only 25 players and were destroyed by DM.  Heard next scrimmage against NCA is a dual practice type scrimmage.  Real test is when they scrimmage St. Joe's Prep (MaxPreps #22). 

https://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/national.htm  DeMatha is #10 in the link SJP is #12.  Dated 8/6/19.  SJR is #16.  Incredible scrimmage.  Perhaps our difference is that I just noted these are MaxPreps “computer” rankings. They won’t show me the “excellent” rankings unless I sign in.  I’m lazy....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigDrop said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/national.htm  DeMatha is #10 in the link SJP is #12.  Dated 8/6/19.  SJR is #16.  Incredible scrimmage.  Perhaps our difference is that I just noted these are MaxPreps “computer” rankings. They won’t show me the “excellent” rankings unless I sign in.  I’m lazy....

Here you go.  MaxPreps Excellent top 25 for 8/6/19.  https://www.maxpreps.com/polls/football/xcellent25.htm.  DM is #21 and SJP is #22.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

SJP must think they are pretty loaded with their schedule this season. 

Are they better than few years back Swift’s Sr year is the Q? 

yes and they are VERY junior heavy.  next season could be a legit top 5.  everyone talking about their stud quarterback, receivers and linebackers but nobody talking about their linemen; deep deep deep, all about the same all solid.  their running back is a small stud and will have a big season. 

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Marietta vs SJP will be good.

Unfortunately Marietta probably wont get much of a challenge before that game.... Rome isnt going to be anywhere near as good as theyve been the last 3 years.

Marietta will have two games under their belt, SJP will be their first game.  That's the killer!

On 8/10/2019 at 11:17 PM, sausmann9 said:

Marietta will have two games under their belt, SJP will be their first game.  That's the killer!

Mariettas plays Rome & then SJP right after... They wont have 2 under their belt.

SJP scrimmages both DM & SJR... Sounds like SJP will be more prepared to me.

I share the same interests and spent 35 years frequently travelling in Europe on business.  Perhaps because when I was younger and twice (!) lost more than 100 pounds I really appreciated nice clothing.  Brioni probably makes the finest suits in the world and, twenty years ago, had a factory in Pescara, Italy-about three hours east of Rome on the Adriatic Sea. They also had a room at the factory with brick walls and a cement floor which sold their clothing at 50% off the Italian price. With the Euro at .9 to the US dollar and the belief that I would never have another opportunity to afford a Brioni suit I drove my rental car to their factory.

I found it, went in and discovered they had very few sport costs, suits or top coats and the ones they did were all sized for anorexics. 

I looked at everything in the room.  I wanted something that was Brioni-anything. I wanted to brag-I owned Brioni!

They had a silk bathrobe.  It was the only thing in the shop that fit.  In 1999 it was E 1200 on sale for E 600 with another 25% off because it was January.  E450 converted to US 400.00.

I bought it.  I slept in it that night in the hotel room.

When I returned home my wife thought I looked ridiculous:  a silk bath robe?  Really.

It still hangs in my closet twenty years later with the original wrinkles from the first and only night that I wore it.

I would have preferred a pair of socks if they had fit.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2019 at 8:16 PM, sausmann9 said:

yes and they are VERY junior heavy.  next season could be a legit top 5.  everyone talking about their stud quarterback, receivers and linebackers but nobody talking about their linemen; deep deep deep, all about the same all solid.  their running back is a small stud and will have a big season. 

....good local power.

Not sold that they are a Top 25 program tho.

On 8/10/2019 at 7:52 PM, ECHS05 said:

Marietta vs SJP will be good.

Unfortunately Marietta probably wont get much of a challenge before that game.... Rome isnt going to be anywhere near as good as theyve been the last 3 years.

I noticed Edgewater faces Marietta in October.  Not sure it will be a challenging game for Marietta,  but I dig Edgewater scheduling them to better prepare for the playoffs.  

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe I SHOULD start the pre excuse thread thread 

You probably should stick w/ an excuse thread for your own school before you venture out and up. 

if you don't think Marietta having two official games (which I mistakenly thought they had)  prior to this game's kickoff is not significant;  then you're just downright silly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

You probably should stick w/ an excuse thread for your own school before you venture out and up. 

if you don't think Marietta having two official games (which I mistakenly thought they had)  prior to this game's kickoff is not significant;  then you're just downright silly!

Mariettas definitely going to get revenge on Rome this year.

What was the final score of SJPs scrimmage vs DM?