DeMatha vs St. Joseph’s Prep Scrimmage Sat., 8/17

BigDrop

I cannot imagine “a strong game” being said if DM wasn’t ahead 1st team to 1st team. The score was tied 7-7 at one point. Is there anyone who was there and can  give a brief report?

”heard DeMatha beat St. Joseph’s 28-14 today in a game like scrimmage.”  Baltimore Sports and Life SFA thread.

It was 14-7 SJP at half, when SJP pulled their starters (a DM coach was overheard saying "we don't have any two's, only one's!).  Add to that an SJP TD pass called back for a penalty - my point here is that SJP moved the ball well and scored points.  DM had trouble sustaining drives in first half other than the one long TD run, but they clearly want to use the QB on the run, and that was limited by the parameters of the scrimmage.  Both teams had two turnovers in the first half.  Take it all with a grain of salt, though.  No live kicking and no hitting QBs.  DM is DEEP and sizeable. SJP looked good, but not deep.  Neither was without flaws, but both teams appeared to be squads that you wouldn't want to take lightly.

• Thanks 6
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 6-2stackmonster said:

It was 14-7 SJP at half, when SJP pulled their starters (a DM coach was overheard saying "we don't have any two's, only one's!).  Add to that an SJP TD pass called back for a penalty - my point here is that SJP moved the ball well and scored points.  DM had trouble sustaining drives in first half other than the one long TD run, but they clearly want to use the QB on the run, and that was limited by the parameters of the scrimmage.  Both teams had two turnovers in the first half.  Take it all with a grain of salt, though.  No live kicking and no hitting QBs.  DM is DEEP and sizeable. SJP looked good, but not deep.  Neither was without flaws, but both teams appeared to be squads that you wouldn't want to take lightly.

Thanks, 6-2stackmonster.  Much appreciated.  Welcome to the board!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 12:09 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I noticed Edgewater faces Marietta in October.  Not sure it will be a challenging game for Marietta,  but I dig Edgewater scheduling them to better prepare for the playoffs.  

Edgewater is going to beat Marietta. The current Edgewater team is likely their best ever. That includes the three teams from 2002-2004 that failed in the 6A title games against Dade County teams. 

If it were not for a heavily recruited Lakeland team in the North bracket, they would be my odds on favorite to make the 7A title game.

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 3:56 PM, DarterBlue said:

Edgewater is going to beat Marietta. The current Edgewater team is likely their best ever. That includes the three teams from 2002-2004 that failed in the 6A title games against Dade County teams. 

If it were not for a heavily recruited Lakeland team in the North bracket, they would be my odds on favorite to make the 7A title game.

1 out of 2 ain’t bad!

• Haha 2