Cocoa (FL)

FootballGuy

They have been the same exact team the last decade. Exact same team. 

They have a small roster and will play anyone no matter the odds stacked against them. 

The only difference between this past year and the last 10 other years is Booker T was down. 

They follow a strict formula too. Lose oos games.  Beat a bunch of garbage teams. Lose in the playoffs. Like I said it took the best team in a decade and a down Booker T team to scrape a 4A title. 

I would have them in the state 10-20 range on any given week and any given year 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They have a small roster and will play anyone no matter the odds stacked against them. 

The only difference between this past year and the last 10 other years is Booker T was down. 

They follow a strict formula too. Lose oos games.  Beat a bunch of garbage teams. Lose in the playoffs. Like I said it took the best team in a decade and a down Booker T team to scrape a 4A title. 

Gotta respect their heart. 

They beat Trinity Christian this year, right? And I heard Trinity Christian won state this year...

And who did Cocoa play in the championship? I thought they blew em out

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

They have some decent wins from time to time. I was exaggerating a little. 

Nice scrappy team.  Comparable to Valdosta or  Tucker 

Probably Valdosta. 

One thing I'd like to add about Valdosta is this: they were a god, solid team but out of all their championship teams, this might have been the "worst" championship team. Catch my drfit? 

And what chu know about Tucker? lol 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I was thinking...Cocoa is one of the Top 5 teams in Florida.

Now that they're not playing Colquitt...(Smile).

Rufus>>

In different years cocoa beat A very good BC team in 2012 that beat a legit bishop Gorman team in Vegas. Gave a top 10 St Edwards team all they can handle in Ohio. And lastly, beat a talented TCA team as big underdog. 

They don't travel w many but they bring it. Tarean folston gave BC fits .... he should of stayed at ND another year but that's a different story. BC had two turnovers on the cocoa goal line that day I believe. 

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Valdosta is getting shit on bc of that loss to Chandler... in my book, they were better than Cocoa this year. 

Tucker & Cocoa were similar, Tuckers got a lot of talent.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Valdosta is getting shit on bc of that loss to Chandler... in my book, they were better than Cocoa this year. 

I do agree that Valdosta beats Cocoa because Cocoa was very one dimensional, and Valdosta was very, very good at taking away your best plan of attack on offense. 

24 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Cocoa would of gotten beaten just as bad against Chandler. 

Valdosta only got grief because of message board banter. They were not in the top 5 in Georgia playing a national top 40 team. 

The cards were stacked against them from the jump. 

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

So TCA a garbage team?  The same tca who took IMG to the limit? 

Guess viera was also garbage who held their own with plant and was probably second best team in 7a north 

Boo hoo BTW was down, so a Miami dade power slightly weaker then normal but probably still top 25 in state of Florida

That definitely is a easy road to states?  Hmm I'll let you answer that question 

Better yet when last time you saw Bolles go out and play the nation's number 1 team? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Past 9 years, Cocoa has just as many State Championships as Booker T (4)

Nole just hates that he can't control all the games out there....get over yourself and realize that State Champs are all Cocoa cares about

not sure why you always down Cocoa but you probably just need to drink a Smoothie. LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiger2016 said:

Past 9 years, Cocoa has just as many State Championships as Booker T (4)

Nole just hates that he can't control all the games out there....get over yourself and realize that State Champs are all Cocoa cares about

not sure why you always down Cocoa but you probably just need to drink a Smoothie. LOL

What did I down them about? They lost like 12 of last 14 oos games. That's a fact. There is no way to talk smack when your speaking facts. 

They win the majority of their games against average to bad competition. They do win some quality games but so does every other top 25 state team here and there. More facts. 

They won titles in 2A and 3A a decade ago!! Beating bad teams on a state level. That would hardly mold them into a powerhouse. 

They finally beat a bad Booker T after like losing to them 5 or 6 times in row. Where I come from that's what you call separating the contenders from the pretenders. 

It took the best team in the history of the program to eke out 1 title in a decade in the 5th biggest classification. 

Sorry the facts can't be alternative to fit your agenda 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

What did I down them about? They lost like 12 of last 14 oos games. That's a fact. There is no way to talk smack when your speaking facts. 

They win the majority of their games against average to bad competition. They do win some quality games but so does every other top 25 state team here and there. More facts. 

They won titles in 2A and 3A a decade ago!! Beating bad teams on a state level. That would hardly mold them into a powerhouse. 

They finally beat a bad Booker T after like losing to them 5 or 6 times in row. Where I come from that's what you call separating the contenders from the pretenders. 

It took the best team in the history of the program to eke out 1 title in a decade in the 5th biggest classification. 

Sorry the facts can't be alternative to fit your agenda 

Slurpees are going to your head.  Fact is Cocoa is 4A State Champ beating Booker T who beat the 7A State Champ (Aquinas) and 8A State Champ (Southridge), proving that 5th biggest classification does not necessarily mean 5th best. 

other fact is that they never won a State Title a decade ago, all 4 have come within the last 9 years smart guy....don't let the brain freeze mess up your thoughts. 

You do know that 2A and 3A in 08,09,10 is basically the same as 4A today....that was back when there was 1A,1B and 2A and 2B.  You need to check your facts 

Your agenda has and always will be to down Florida teams that lose out of State. You think you are some kind of high school football match maker....no one cares about the games you (think) you put together.

• Like 3