Georgia HSFB scoreboard

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If 55-6 is struggling then OK.... 

All the gurus expected triple digits from Lowndes.  And I gotta tell ya....69 points is a fail by Viking standards.  I'd hate to be Randy Mac on the golf course this morning....having to listen to all that abuse.  The only thing worse...at least at this point....would be if you happened to be Coach Anders in the coffee shop this morning.

Rufus>>

On 8/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, ATLien12x said:

0-0 Grayson hasn’t moved the ball on james Clemens. Embarrassing.  2nd quarter 

I don't know where you get your information about Grayson but basically your whole narrative about how this game played out is wrong.  It was 10-7 Grayson at the end of the 1st and 12-7 at the half. We stopped them when we had to and took a knee for the win.  We dropped way too many passes and are clearly still a work in progress but I like where we are gong.  There is a lot of talent there.

@CCBlackhatter I wouldn't be counting us out on bad information just yet.  And there is a less than zero change Rush Propst will ever coach at Grayson.  If we wanted him we could have had him when he wanted to come to Grayson in 2016.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:42 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

Grayson isn't accustomed to playing with kids from their district. Their best seasons have come when they had multiple transfers.

Wrong.  We've had many great seasons with kids from our district.  2008, 2009, 2010, and that state championship in 2011 was just about all home grown.  With the Grayson cluster growing so fast there are always going to be move ins.  We are back up to the same student numbers we were before they opened Archer and took 1,000 student out of our cluster.  I think we will wind up competitive this year.  Good enough for state? Maybe not but we will have to see where we wind up at the end of the year.

34 minutes ago, Fred said:

I don't know where you get your information about Grayson but basically your whole narrative about how this game played out is wrong.  It was 10-7 Grayson at the end of the 1st and 12-7 at the half. We stopped them when we had to and took a knee for the win.  We dropped way too many passes and are clearly still a work in progress but I like where we are gong.  There is a lot of talent there.

I watched the entire game. It was 10-7 after one because of a WR screen pass that broke for 70+ yards. Literally 1/3 of the entire offensive production on the the night came on one play. Grayson did NOT move the ball well. 

It was also 13-12 James Clemens after three quarters and several minutes into the 4th... Grayson scored (King again on the slant and the 2PAT) Clemens went for it on 4th down so Grayson got short field and made a 41 yard field goal. Grayson had 12 points through the first 3 and half quarters... added the final 11 in the last seven minutes of the game

The safety came on a punt into the end zone (no rush or anything caused by Grayson, simply just a bad snap. Free points) Two picks by 27

Not sure what you thought was off. Grayson looked poor against a bad football team. 

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I watched the entire game. It was 10-7 after one because of a WR screen pass that broke for 70+ yards. Literally 1/3 of the entire offensive production on the the night came on one play. Grayson did NOT move the ball well. 

It was also 13-12 James Clemens after three quarters and several minutes into the 4th... Grayson scored (King again on the slant and the 2PAT) Clemens went for it on 4th down so Grayson got short field and made a 41 yard field goal. Grayson had 12 points through the first 3 and half quarters... added the final 11 in the last seven minutes of the game

The safety came on a punt into the end zone (no rush or anything caused by Grayson, simply just a bad snap. Free points) Two picks by 27

Not sure what you thought was off. Grayson looked poor against a bad football team. 

For some reason I can't multi quote.  You said -

0-0 Grayson hasn’t moved the ball on james Clemens. Embarrassing.  2nd quarter 

We scored at 3:59 in the first, they scored at 1:06 in the first, we scored again at 47 secs.  That's quite a bit different than 0-0 in second as you said.

I said we were still very much a work in progress.  We dropped way too many passes that were on the numbers or in the hands.  At the time of the missed snap, we had been hitting their O line pretty heavy and controlling them.  I think that had something to do with the bad snap.  It wasn't just a little bad, it was epicly bad like 4 or 5 feet over the kicker's head.  Something had to make the long snapper do that.

I still fail to see why so many put so much stock in when points were scored.  Would you feel better if the last 11 came in the first and then nothing else happened?  Do the points count more if they aren't scored as time runs out?  This wasn't a scrimmage that doesn't count.  I can think of a few teams that might argue that such as Milton and Colquitt.  Those winning point came after time had expired but boy howdy did they count!

We mad good steps since the scrimmage the week before.  Hopefully we will continue against Tucker this week.  Currently we are 1-0 and that's what matters.

By the way, what did you watch it on?  Just curious as Grayson people were texting me asking for the score as they said the live feed wasn't working.  A Grayson fan normally in the know at the game said James Clemens did not allow live feeds from the stadium but if you were watching then we must have been given the wrong info.  It sounded strange to me but the feed Grayson posted never came up.  I normally posts scores as they happen and more people than normal were watching and waiting on my comments.

50 minutes ago, Fred said:

For some reason I can't multi quote.  You said -

Yes, I got the quarter wrong one time... (albeit no score 8+ minutes into it’s easy to think it moved into the next quarter) what else did I get wrong? Because I gave three score updates:  3-0, 7-3, 12-7... those were all correct. Not sure what else you want to quote.

My analysis is just that: my analysis. You can go off whatever you want and that’s okay. You’re a Ram lifer. I get it. Defend em! Fight for em! But to me: Grayson did not look very good on Friday night. This is the smallest Rams team I’ve seen in many years. Probably the least athletic as well.

The senior RB #7 will be the worst starter Grayson has had in A LONG TIME if Mafah doesn’t come back (again no fault to #7 but he’s a MAJOR step down to previous talents) Think the QB/WR can do some nice things. Not being able to run the ball well against James Clemens is interesting. We’ll see how that plays out with the OL in the next few weeks) 

By the way, what did you watch it on?  Just curious as Grayson people were texting me asking for the score as they said the live feed wasn't working.  A Grayson fan normally in the know at the game said James Clemens did not allow live feeds from the stadium but if you were watching then we must have been given the wrong info.  It sounded strange to me but the feed Grayson posted never came up.  I normally posts scores as they happen and more people than normal were watching and waiting on my comments.