OT-Georgia Folk!!!

AztecPadre

Very early returns have Ossoff up strongly.

This guy has run a campaign that has gone out of its way to avoid admitting he is a Democrat.  It has also outspent the competition by absurd numbers with 80% or more of his funding coming from outside Georgia. In terms of individual donations, California and New York (by several multiples) had more donations than from actual Georgia residents. Even MASSACHUSETTS had more donations to him than Georgians did.

I have a feeling he is going to get reeled in quickly.  I think alot of his strong poll support is from folks who did not even realize he is a Democrat.

He needs(ed) Dekalb and Cobb to come in huge for him to maintain a <50% margin. 

I saw interviews with some early voters that consider themselves mainstream republicans that said they were going Ossoff because they couldn't stomach the childishness of the president. Now I don't think that's an indicator there will be tons of that, but it does mean at least some people know the guy is a democrat. 

2 minutes ago, concha said:

He's been slipping since the first results came in. He started at something like 71%.

It was the same for the early voting returns also. He looked really far ahead and it finished basically a dead heat with him getting 41% and the republicans getting 40.8% all together. It's still a very interesting election to watch. If he finishes anywhere close to even like that with the field of republicans, the runoff will be anyone's guess.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He needs(ed) Dekalb and Cobb to come in huge for him to maintain a <50% margin. 

I saw interviews with some early voters that consider themselves mainstream republicans that said they were going Ossoff because they couldn't stomach the childishness of the president. Now I don't think that's an indicator there will be tons of that, but it does mean at least some people know the guy is a democrat. 

And I'm sure those reports were from purely objective sources.

Living in Bumfuk, South Jawja I doubt you've seen the ads I've seen non-fucking-stop here that have been paid for by out-of-state liberal sources (overwhelmingly). He NEVER mentions that he is a Democrat.  This is a "foreign" money driven smoke-and-mirrors campaign.

Had this kid put "Democrat" in his ads and on his signs, and not had access to the absurd sums of money coming in from California and New York, he wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

And I'm sure those reports were from purely objective sources.

Living in Bumfuk, South Jawja I doubt you've seen the ads I've seen non-fucking-stop here that have been paid for by out-of-state liberal sources (overwhelmingly). He NEVER mentions that he is a Democrat.  This is a "foreign" money driven smoke-and-mirrors campaign.

Had this kid put "Democrat" in his ads and on his signs, and not had access to the absurd sums of money coming in from California and New York, he wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

Saw some of it on the Today show. 

If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they hopped either. xD

1 minute ago, concha said:

I'm guessing there is a Clinton-esque atmosphere at Ossoff campaign HQ right about now.

I'm thinking that the flood of money for him changes to a slow drip in a run-off.

This is probably true. The money was in play to try to avoid the runoff. In a runoff, everyone knows the chances are less than now. 

1 minute ago, concha said:

I'm guessing there is a Clinton-esque atmosphere at Ossoff campaign HQ right about now.

I'm thinking that the flood of money for him changes to a slow drip in a run-off.

He better win this without a runoff.  And it's kinda funny you'd have a problem with the money.

Koch brothers mean anything to you?

You can thank Citizens United.....

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

He better win this without a runoff.  And it's kinda funny you'd have a problem with the money.

Koch brothers mean anything to you?

You can thank Citizens United.....

Rufus>>

You'll believe anything.

The Koch brothers money in the system is a fart in a hurricane compared to liberal billionaire money.

Buy a frigging clue.