Week 3 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Tier 1 -  IMG, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco,

Tier 2 -   Duncanville, STA, Katy, Lakeland, St. Louis (Hi), SFA

Tier 3  -  DLS, Mentor,  Northwestern, DeMatha, Chandler, Miami Central, OLGC, Bishop Gorman, North Shore

Tier 4 -  Columbus, Cen10, SJR,  East St. Louis, Lincoln Way East,  Bergen Catholic,  St. Xavier, Iggy,  SJP,  Grayson, Hoban, St. Eds, SJC, Marietta, Gonzaga, Cathedral Catholic

Tier 5 -  McEachern, Colerain, , Longview, Warren Central, Pickering Central, Dutch Fork, Mallard Creek, Corner Canyon (UT), Columbia, Mission Viejo, Allen, Colquitt, Folsom,  Allen, Folsom

Tier 6 - C-Hill, Westlake (Tx),   North Gwinett, JSerra, Hoover, Grace Bretheran (Ca.), West Monroe, Serra (Ca),  Milton, Trinity*, Narbonne, Lone Peak, Servite, Alemeny, Buford, Guyer, Lowndes, Centennial AZ

*Requests to add your team will be honored.  But must be Tier 6 or above to be placed on a Tier.

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Teams are ranked appropriately for that week in the season.  Teams can improve and regress comparatively.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Is this Tier 3 results.. I think not

If you are referring to Good Counsel....yes I would call them a Tier 3 team

*They played SFA tough in their scrimmage by all accounts

*Their style is to play tough Defense (which they have), which holds scores down by design.

*I saw them in person and was impressed compared to other teams I have watched in person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Your point is valid, however I wouldn't call that game "fairly tight".  Especially since Chandler was on the road in week 0. 

14pt mov vs 49, 56,63 over the rest of the scorpion stomping crowd they’ve played thus far.  The revised state playoffs will ultimately let us know where they stand.

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

14pt mov vs 49, 56,63 over the rest of the scorpion stomping crowd they’ve played thus far.  The revised state playoffs will ultimately let us know where they stand.

You have to consider the variables.  If Chander or OLGC winning by 14 points a negative, then we also have to penalize Cen10 for giving up 29 points to Liberty which is the most points Liberty has achieved.  Even more than they got vs. Mililani.

Cen10 also gave up 14 points to OLU which was shut out by Tier 6 Narbonne.  Maybe we should go back and look at that as well

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

My point was DV should be 1 IMO. 

There is an argument for that.  Let's wait and see what happens next weekend.

I am more inclined to move IMG down to Tier 2.  I just don't see any teams on the same level as MD and SJB.

It was only last week when everyone was calling SFA a JUCO team and "unbeatable" and unfair advantages, and polls even ranked SFA #1.   MD victory was several levels more impressive than Duncanvilles over a suspect SJC team.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My point was DV should be 1 IMO. 

IF you can get down to watch SJC host The Stache next week, then you would be the only person in the country that has seen (SJC, MD, Duncanville, SJB) play in person.  If you could then give us your un homer take of how these teams stack up, it would be of great benefit to the board.

This clown dropped Georgia teams because he watched Milton and figured they must be the same team as last year 😂 Sour grapes because the #3 Trinity team almost lost to a nonTop 30 GA team.

JSerra was a -19.5 favorite & won by 3 in the last 1:30 ...

Poor look sammy. Erase this trash & be on your way.

Put $50 on it that JSerra beats Servite?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This clown dropped Georgia teams because he watched Milton and figured they must be the same team as last year 😂 Sour grapes because the #3 Trinity team almost lost to a nonTop 30 GA team.

JSerra was a -19.5 favorite & won by 3 in the last 1:30 ...

Poor look sammy. Erase this trash & be on your way.

Put $50 on it that JSerra beats Servite?

I’m take a avatar 1 week , of winners choice..

my my bank account is lacking 

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not with you since you have lost multiple bets and never paid off.

When did this happen? Ive never agreed to a bet on here at all yet.

Why do you people lie like nonstop?

If you can find where I said deal... ill send you $25 for free. Ask THS if I pay, if I say I will.

I just said Id send you $25 if you can find where I agreed to a bet, not just offered, in front of everyone. So if I do not, you can easily smear me & my credibility.

If not. All youve done is lie, again.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

When did this happen? Ive never agreed to a bet on here at all yet.

Why do you people lie like nonstop?

If you can find where I said deal... ill send you $25 for free. Ask THS if I pay, if I say I will.

I just said Id send you $25 if you can find where I agreed to a bet, not just offered, in front of everyone. So if I do not, you can easily smear me & my credibility.

If not. All youve done is lie, again.

It’s the RedZone Effect 

• Haha 1