Stache -53 vs SJC - 24

Sammyswordsman

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That's the dilemma about a Tier 1 

SJP played IMG closer than 2 TDs but lost to Marietta which lost to Grayson.   So if you move IMG to Tier 1 then you have to move SJP and Grayson too

Also what about SFA?  If they beat IMG so you put SFA into a Tier 1 even they almost got running clocked by MD.  If that is the case then DeMatha has a claim to a tier 1 as well

That’s tough. Grayson has a claim for tier 1. They’d get handled by the other teams in that tier, but that have a claim. SJP does not. I don’t envy your job.

SFA won’t beat IMG. DeMatha only has a claim at tier 1 if they run through SJC, Gonzaga and GC in WCAC play. It’s possible, but not probable. 

I’m glad you do this and not me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

That’s tough. Grayson has a claim for tier 1. They’d get handled by the other teams in that tier, but that have a claim. SJP does not. I don’t envy your job.

SFA won’t beat IMG. DeMatha only has a claim at tier 1 if they run through SJC, Gonzaga and GC in WCAC play. It’s possible, but not probable. 

I’m glad you do this and not me. 

I think SFA beats IMG though.   After they destroy SJR today

• Like 1

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

Maybe it looks that way because of who they played.  St. Frances can run on anybody.  SJC is not exactly a slappie so a few good runs with a back that size is not exactly a failure.  They’re as good against the run this year as they were last year.  If you’re hoping to have success through the air, you better have a 4 star QB and some large, fast, physical receivers, and an O line that can give the QB enough time to work.  

Overall, they are probably better this year than last.

This.  I said in another thread that I dont think its realistic to say anyone would beat them.    In theory they could obviously lose but its not normal to see a HS team with this level of talent and precision combined - so well rounded.  I used to feel the Bosco teams in 2010 and 2011(saw most of their games)  had a good blend of attributes  as well and these MD would destroy them.  Obviously STA under Smith is the best comparison looking at all time ...the teams of his era would be the only teams I could say are on MD's level IMO but the QB edge goes to MD and that plays a huge part  (though Ruddock was a solid QB at Iowa and Michigan also making the NFL not to mention no HS team touches that overall STA 09 offensive talent .......to say one does we'll have to see if it comes close to producing  players who dominate at the next level(s) like that offense.  (and I don't want to hear that BS that it doesnt matter what they do at the next level.....it's not everything I get it, but it matters) 

9 hours ago, On2whls said:

Maybe it looks that way because of who they played.  St. Frances can run on anybody.  SJC is not exactly a slappie so a few good runs with a back that size is not exactly a failure.  They’re as good against the run this year as they were last year.  If you’re hoping to have success through the air, you better have a 4 star QB and some large, fast, physical receivers, and an O line that can give the QB enough time to work.  

Overall, they are probably better this year than last.

Offense at this point in season is better than last, but Defense is not as good. I'm using end of season MD from last year to compare. 

8 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Mater Dei and SJB would beat Duncanville, STA and IMG by two TD’s. I’ve watched all of the above mentioned teams and this is a very easy call. The QB’s for MD and SJB are too dialed in right now. Duncanville, STA and IMG deserve tier 1, but MD and SJB are a notch above them head to head. 

Just my two cents.  The Duncanville QB is really really good.  Anybody that’s says different simply hasn’t watched him.