Stache -53 vs SJC - 24

Sammyswordsman

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Jaquiden is a freak athlete. However, I also believe MD could dial up a defense to limit his feet and make him beat them with his arm. I’m not saying he can’t throw but I am saying he can’t throw at the same level Bryce can. I think it would be really hard for dv to beat MD if they had to win by passing the ball. I understand dv has receivers that can fly but MD’s db’s (domani Jackson & jaylin Davies) are as good as they get in hsfb. 

It would take a lot blitzing and leaving guys on islands. At the HS level a QB that can move with JaQuinden's speed and physicalness will give any defense a headache

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

If you can keep your personal feelings out of this one and give me an honest answer 

Who beats MD this year? What did you see in the game that would make you take dv/Katy/NS over them? Yes they played a little out of character in the first half but they put up 53 3k miles away from home? You’re not impressed? Now, this is just my opinion so take it for what it’s worth. If MD were to make dv or ns pass would they win? You saw the game, MD put up 53 on a good defense, one of the best in the country. Not the best but one of the best. Let’s say MD puts up 40 against dv, does dv score 40 on that defense? I’ve acknowledged that dv is very good but in my opinion they don’t beat MD. Who beats MD? Honest opinion please. 

MD is impressive anyway you look at...

IMO - The MD defense is  vulnerable to team like Duncanville who can really execute offensively.  

I am not buying that SJC has one of the best defenses in the country and I believe Duncanville defense is actually better than MD 

The QB for MD is really good...I don’t think people realize just how damn good the DV kid is.   I feel like you don’t really understand how well this kid throw or how good his receivers are.  DV is going to throw and pass and try not to let you dictate to them.

watching MD defend the run tonight is not good indicator that they could force DV to do anything.

IMHO if MD played DV winning would be fine thin line.  

i feel like that since I watched both teams play common opponent that gives me good indicator.  

I hate to comment on the other teams because they don’t have common opponents 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

MD is impressive anyway you look at...

IMO - The MD defense is  vulnerable to team like Duncanville who can really execute offensively.  

I am not buying that SJC has one of the best defenses in the country and I believe Duncanville defense is actually better than MD 

The QB for MD is really good...I don’t think people realize just how damn good the DV kid is.

IMHO if MD played DV winning would be fine thin line.  

i feel like that since I watched both teams play common opponent that gives me good indicator.  

I hate to comment on the other teams because they don’t have common opponents 

I can respect any honest opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Dv is damn good I’d expect them to be much better than sjc and not let us score 50+. Md got beat twice tonight for td’s and it was out of character. Once adjustments were made at halftime MD out scored them 30-3 at their house. 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

I can respect any honest opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Dv is damn good I’d expect them to be much better than sjc and not let us score 50+. Md got beat twice tonight for td’s and it was out of character. Once adjustments were made at halftime MD out scored the, 30-3 at their house. 

That's what a Tier 1 team does

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I can respect any honest opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Dv is damn good I’d expect them to be much better than sjc and not let us score 50+. Md got beat twice tonight for td’s and it was out of character. Once adjustments were made at halftime MD out scored them 30-3 at their house. 

I am not sure they made a lot of changes.  SJC is simply very undisciplined with execution , turnovers, penalties, and coaching.

MD blitzing them all night and SJC never maxed protected , Hit hot route, or threw single screen pass.

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am not sure they made a lot of changes.  SJC is simply very undisciplined with execution , turnovers, penalties, and coaching.

MD blitzing them all night and SJC never maxed protected , Hit hot route, or threw single screen pass.

I don't think they made changes either.  They just didn't allow a big play like in the 1st half

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

If you can keep your personal feelings out of this one and give me an honest answer 

Who beats MD this year? What did you see in the game that would make you take dv/Katy/NS over them? Yes they played a little out of character in the first half but they put up 53 3k miles away from home? You’re not impressed? Now, this is just my opinion so take it for what it’s worth. If MD were to make dv or ns pass would they win? You saw the game, MD put up 53 on a good defense, one of the best in the country. Not the best but one of the best. Let’s say MD puts up 40 against dv, does dv score 40 on that defense? I’ve acknowledged that dv is very good but in my opinion they don’t beat MD. Who beats MD? Honest opinion please. 

Honest opinion.  Is a team no one is talking about. IMHO right now SLC is the best team in Texas and would give MD and anyone else all they could handle.  

Next week they play a very good Guyer team.  I think they will roll them.  I'm picking them over Katy in the final. 

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The O line also looked a little gassed at times.  I’ll take a smallish well conditioned  and smart line over a heavy slow line in hs football.  

40 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The defense of MD is not as good as last season's MD .  If there is a weakness for MD, it is on the defense.  SFA showed you can run on MD, but not the whole game because MD will make adjustments. This is where a team, if it were to have a chance of beating MD, would have to have an excellent go to passing game also. I don't know how good DV is with the pass. It's all about the qb and his option.

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The defense of MD is not as good as last season's MD .  If there is a weakness for MD, it is on the defense.  SFA showed you can run on MD, but not the whole game because MD will make adjustments. This is where a team, if it were to have a chance of beating MD, would have to have an excellent go to passing game also. I don't know how good DV is with the pass. It's all about the qb and his option.

Dream on 

28 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Maybe it looks that way because of who they played.  St. Frances can run on anybody.  SJC is not exactly a slappie so a few good runs with a back that size is not exactly a failure.  They’re as good against the run this year as they were last year.  If you’re hoping to have success through the air, you better have a 4 star QB and some large, fast, physical receivers, and an O line that can give the QB enough time to work.  

Overall, they are probably better this year than last.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Maybe it looks that way because of who they played.  St. Frances can run on anybody.  SJC is not exactly a slappie so a few good runs with a back that size is not exactly a failure.  They’re as good against the run this year as they were last year.  If you’re hoping to have success through the air, you better have a 4 star QB and some large, fast, physical receivers, and an O line that can give the QB enough time to work.  

No doubt

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

JS - Duncanville defended SJC much better.   

Not saying DV wins - It’s potential 4 Qrt game.  Would be fun to watch.

10 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Mater Dei and SJB would beat Duncanville, STA and IMG by two TD’s. I’ve watched all of the above mentioned teams and this is a very easy call. The QB’s for MD and SJB are too dialed right now. Duncanville, STA and IMG deserve tier 1, but MD and SJB are a notch above them head to head. 

That's the dilemma about a Tier 1 

SJP played IMG closer than 2 TDs but lost to Marietta which lost to Grayson.   So if you move IMG to Tier 1 then you have to move SJP and Grayson too

Also what about SFA?  If they beat IMG so you put SFA into a Tier 1 even they almost got running clocked by MD.  If that is the case then DeMatha has a claim to a tier 1 as well