2 OOS Games that make you say WTF??

Nolebull813

This week, there are some rare mid season OOS games that have some great national flavor. Edgewater is looking really good, and they go test how good against State and nationally ranked Marietta,GA. Rockledge travels to the Midwest to take on always quality St Ignatius. But there are 2 OOS games that you look at and say what the fuck?? Lol. 

First Gonzaga,DC vs Leesburg. Leesburg was ranked in the 9,000's last year when they signed a contract to play the reigning WCAC Champ Gonzaga. This past week Leesburg lost to Jones 53-0, and Jones is behind Gonzaga. Right now, Leesburg is ranked around the 7,000's and Gonzaga is national top 10 in the Xcellent Rankings, and top 40 in most other polls. 

Second, Lake Placid vs John Curtis. This game has already been mentioned a few times due to the scheduling practices of John Curtis. This game was formed based on JC breaking the bank to get some one road town team to come lose by 60. Lake Placid is a town that you drive through for 5 minutes, and see about 30 fast food restaurants, a few banks, a few churches and a bunch of closed down stores. Highly doubt they have ever produced a D1 player. Lake Placid is in the national 4,500's, while JC is the consensus number 1 team in the state, ranked 18 in the Xcelletnt, and top 75 in all other polls. 

Cajun will be the first to post some gay dumb shit, but even so, these games are the WTF games of the week. Lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This week, there are some rare mid season OOS games that have some great national flavor. Edgewater is looking really good, and they go test how good against State and nationally ranked Marietta,GA. Rockledge travels to the Midwest to take on always quality St Ignatius. But there are 2 OOS games that you look at and say what the fuck?? Lol. 

First Gonzaga,DC vs Leesburg. Leesburg was ranked in the 9,000's last year when they signed a contract to play the reigning WCAC Champ Gonzaga. This past week Leesburg lost to Jones 53-0, and Jones is behind Gonzaga. Right now, Leesburg is ranked around the 7,000's and Gonzaga is national top 10 in the Xcellent Rankings, and top 40 in most other polls. 

Second, Lake Placid vs John Curtis. This game has already been mentioned a few times due to the scheduling practices of John Curtis. This game was formed based on JC breaking the bank to get some one road town team to come lose by 60. Lake Placid is a town that you drive through for 5 minutes, and see about 30 fast food restaurants, a few banks, a few churches and a bunch of closed down stores. Highly doubt they have ever produced a D1 player. Lake Placid is in the national 4,500's, while JC is the consensus number 1 team in the state, ranked 18 in the Xcelletnt, and top 75 in all other polls. 

Cajun will be the first to post some gay dumb shit, but even so, these games are the WTF games of the week. Lol.

I'm picking Edgewater over Marietta.

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Have you even watched Edgewater? Could you tell us what # their QB is without googling it really quick? (Hint, I know the answer. I’ll hang up and listen) 

Idk about him but I've seen a little bit of them through highlights and have spoke to people who have seen them play

They look like a solid team, their problem is they share the 7a north bracket with Armwood and Lakeland and they share a classification with STA

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Soooooo.........Marietta by 17?

I don’t know. I haven’t seen or read about Edgewater before this matchup like 99% of the posters on this board. They’re not a nationally relevant team (like Marietta wasn’t before this year) I just found it odd an Ohio poster was picking a team they certainly haven’t watched before

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I don’t know. I haven’t seen or read about Edgewater before this matchup like 99% of the posters on this board. They’re not a nationally relevant team (like Marietta wasn’t before this year) I just found it odd an Ohio poster was picking a team they certainly haven’t watched before

The only thing I can tell you is they are at the edge of the water, and one wrong move and boom. Bottom of the sea 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Also I'm an Kentucky guy by way of Ohio with about 60 percent of my family living and being from Alabama.  My family literally has it's on street in Mobile.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I think people are thinking "upset" here because Marietta isn't very good.

Just a heads up.

👍

20 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They look like a solid team, their problem is they share the 7a north bracket with Armwood and Lakeland and they share a classification with STA

Armwood is not a threat to Edgewater. Lakeland is. If Edgewater gets past Lakeland, they have a shot at taking down St. Thomas. But getting past Lakeland is a big if. 

34 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Have you even watched Edgewater? Could you tell us what # their QB is without googling it really quick? (Hint, I know the answer. I’ll hang up and listen) 

QB # 10 Caanan Mobley, a junior, is a Dr Phillips transfer. It's funny that DP lost both their QBs, one to Wekiva and the other to Edgewater. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1