For HawgGoneIt...and...All The Colquitt Supporters

Rufus69

Alcovy is coming to the Hawg Pen this Friday night with EVIL in their heart.  They're coming to curb-stomp our poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs.  With all the Homecoming festivities...they'll know we'll be distracted by the pretty girls in their $1,000 dresses.  They'll know our guys will be flying high and basking in their recent victory over national power...Grayson.  They'll know how much our head has swollen since Sammy moved us to Tier 3.  They'll consider us RIPE for the picking.

So amigos....I'm setting you fellers to task.  Do what'cha gotta do to keep the horde...level-headed.  Do what'cha gotta do to keep our Hawgs...focused.  In other words....Do what'cha gotta do.

I had a very good coach tell me a long time ago......."Rufus, when you take things for granted; you're apt to get your face planted"

And to quote a high ranking official Straight Outa Lime Sink...."It's the most important game of the year...cause it's the next one"

HAWG UP !!!!!

Rufus>>

This game is a softy. Thank goodness! Due to scheduling changes where a team cancelled basically last minute, our bye week was the second week of the season. We have a lot of guys banged up that could use a soft week to get some extra healing time in ahead of region play in a couple of weeks. 

I hope we get our 2s and 3s in early. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This game is a softy. Thank goodness! Due to scheduling changes where a team cancelled basically last minute, our bye week was the second week of the season. We have a lot of guys banged up that could use a soft week to get some extra healing time in ahead of region play in a couple of weeks. 

I hope we get our 2s and 3s in early. 

If we can get ourselves into position...it would be nice to see Zane and Tucker take some meaningful snaps...and to run the Hawg offense.  We need to get Daijun out as early as is possible.  Showcase Spradley and Ponder.   Also...hopefully, a few of our Blackhats can get a bit of relief as well.

BUT....we gotta win the game !!!!!

Nuff said.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you guys over look them, don’t be surprised when your starters are in for a 4 quarter war down to the last second. 

Colquitt’s mindset for this game should be trying to go 1-0!!!!!!

This games gonna be Camden vs Savannah Beach all over again. 

That BS was Ridiculous 91-0 at the half... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What year was that? 

2014 or 13 Camden freaking put a hurting on Beach HS and Windsor Forest HS.  Both Savannah high schools. Problem is we have too many high schools... 

Savannah HS 

Beach HS 

Savannah Johnson

Savannah Jenkins 

Windsor Forest 

Then there's the county and private schools which will sometimes serve portions of the city as well: 

Groves HS(Garden City) 

Tybee Island HS 

New Hampstead (Bloomingdale-Actually and ok team compared to everyone else,Good coach and feeder system). 

Privates:

Savannah Country Day

Savannah Christian 

Benedictine 

Calvary Day 

Now Basketball is a different story... The Savannah schools are damn good in Basketball... 

This seems like a great place to put the AJC four questions with Justin Rogers story and link...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/four-questions-with-colquitt-county-head-coach-justin-rogers/t6vv3WbvLOdZzxbHa8WwjP/amp.html

Four Questions with Colquitt County head coach Justin Rogers

Monday, September 30, 2019 @ 7:45 AM
By Todd Holcomb - AJC Sports

Today's interviewee is Colquitt County head coach Justin Rogers, whose team defeated previous No. 1 Grayson 31-7 in a Class AAAAAAA game on Friday. Rogers, the successor to Colquitt County coach Rush Propst, is in his first season at Colquitt after five at Jones County, where his teams were 45-15.

Justin Rogers, Colquitt County head coach 

1. What won the day in the Grayson game? What did your team do particularly well? "One of the biggest things is we've been injury-prone on defense. We got some starters back and then got in a rhythm on offense. We had a good balance of running and throwing early on. Our defense was forcing stops, giving us some at-bats. The first two possessions we came down and scored and got the momentum early." 

2. Did you make any significant changes from the Valdosta game? Your defense went from giving up 50 to giving up seven. Both teams had a major Division I quarterback other offensive weapons. "We've had quite a few starters out. We still had two out on defense Friday. We were down five starters at one point. Then we've got a defense that's relatively young. You go back and look at Colquitt County's defense last year and you won't see any of those names. Nyquan [Washington, a preseason all-state defensive back] was a staple, but there are a ton of new faces, and they're growing up and getting better. There's no substitute for experience." 

3. Did your players need a victory like that for their confidence, or is bouncing back ingrained in them from years of success? "It dang sure doesn't hurt. Anytime you get affirmation that hard work pays off, that's always good. It's always like that in life. But this is a great group of guys. They have to be a resilient bunch. They've been through a lot of emotions and adversity this past half year. It's a team that truly loves and cares for each other. That's showing up. It's certainly good having a win against a really good football team. We've played a tough schedule - North Gwinnett, Valdosta, Warner Robins. They've been through some good football teams, and that's definitely a confidence-builder." 

4. What has been the biggest challenge for you at Colquitt County? Anything about the job you didn't anticipate? "There's lot of things I didn't anticipate. I definitely underestimated some things. It's a unique situation. It's an unprecedented, refreshing, great atmosphere and community. It's a unique tradition that we walked into. They are Packers here, man. They love the Packers. They support their kids and community. Any time you have a transition, there are going to be ups and downs, but the positives outweigh the negatives 10 fold. Until you experience it, you cannot appreciate it. I have stolen the SEC slogan, 'It just means more.' And it does. It just means more here. It's impressive. It's awesome for our young men to be able to be loved, but when much is given, much is expected, and we understand that." 

Produced by Georgia High School Football Daily, a free e-mail newsletter. To join the mailing list, click here.

About the Author
Todd Holcomb

© 2019 Cox Media Group. All Rights Reserved. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/30/2019 at 5:36 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

This seems like a great place to put the AJC four questions with Justin Rogers story and link...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/four-questions-with-colquitt-county-head-coach-justin-rogers/t6vv3WbvLOdZzxbHa8WwjP/amp.html

Four Questions with Colquitt County head coach Justin Rogers

Monday, September 30, 2019 @ 7:45 AM
By Todd Holcomb - AJC Sports

Today's interviewee is Colquitt County head coach Justin Rogers, whose team defeated previous No. 1 Grayson 31-7 in a Class AAAAAAA game on Friday. Rogers, the successor to Colquitt County coach Rush Propst, is in his first season at Colquitt after five at Jones County, where his teams were 45-15.

Justin Rogers, Colquitt County head coach 

1. What won the day in the Grayson game? What did your team do particularly well? "One of the biggest things is we've been injury-prone on defense. We got some starters back and then got in a rhythm on offense. We had a good balance of running and throwing early on. Our defense was forcing stops, giving us some at-bats. The first two possessions we came down and scored and got the momentum early." 

2. Did you make any significant changes from the Valdosta game? Your defense went from giving up 50 to giving up seven. Both teams had a major Division I quarterback other offensive weapons. "We've had quite a few starters out. We still had two out on defense Friday. We were down five starters at one point. Then we've got a defense that's relatively young. You go back and look at Colquitt County's defense last year and you won't see any of those names. Nyquan [Washington, a preseason all-state defensive back] was a staple, but there are a ton of new faces, and they're growing up and getting better. There's no substitute for experience." 

3. Did your players need a victory like that for their confidence, or is bouncing back ingrained in them from years of success? "It dang sure doesn't hurt. Anytime you get affirmation that hard work pays off, that's always good. It's always like that in life. But this is a great group of guys. They have to be a resilient bunch. They've been through a lot of emotions and adversity this past half year. It's a team that truly loves and cares for each other. That's showing up. It's certainly good having a win against a really good football team. We've played a tough schedule - North Gwinnett, Valdosta, Warner Robins. They've been through some good football teams, and that's definitely a confidence-builder." 

4. What has been the biggest challenge for you at Colquitt County? Anything about the job you didn't anticipate? "There's lot of things I didn't anticipate. I definitely underestimated some things. It's a unique situation. It's an unprecedented, refreshing, great atmosphere and community. It's a unique tradition that we walked into. They are Packers here, man. They love the Packers. They support their kids and community. Any time you have a transition, there are going to be ups and downs, but the positives outweigh the negatives 10 fold. Until you experience it, you cannot appreciate it. I have stolen the SEC slogan, 'It just means more.' And it does. It just means more here. It's impressive. It's awesome for our young men to be able to be loved, but when much is given, much is expected, and we understand that." 

Produced by Georgia High School Football Daily, a free e-mail newsletter. To join the mailing list, click here.

About the Author
Todd Holcomb

© 2019 Cox Media Group. All Rights Reserved. 

Heard there’s turmoil going on , on why a certain Ex coaches son wasn’t brought up to varsity,  it’s gonna be weird for Rodgers to coach him

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Heard there’s turmoil going on , on why a certain Ex coaches son wasn’t brought up to varsity,  it’s gonna be weird for Rodgers to coach him

Coach Rogers is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation. 

Rush Propst was afforded the ability to make decisions on which 9th graders got varsity numbers and which didn't, so should be Justin Rogers. 

Every year, about 10-15 9th graders get varsity numbers for as long as I can remember. This year is no different. 

The only difference in this year is all the hard feelings among the fans over what happened that eventually resulted in the hiring of Justin Rogers. Some are going to be looking to make a right with two wrongs, by using the same playbook as the administration did. Half truths, fake profiles and hit and run posts on social media and message boards to keep stuff stirred up. 

At the end of the day, Coach Rogers is going to make what he thinks are the right choices for where he is going with the Packer football program. Some people are going to not like it, some are and some are just going to keep grinding for the kids no matter who, what, when and where... Just like it was with Rush Propst making the decisions, and Tim Cokely and every other coach the program has ever had. 

I don't see it as turmoil at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Also, Rogers and his staff have been coaching Thomas Propst all this season. I don't think it was weird for them at all. 

The weird comes in when certain adults act like children about the situation.

Ya the user made it seem that he was only Freshman not called up!! Got deleted after every one trolled the thread, I guess my question since your familiar with the program, Do you think he’s good enough right now to contribute on varsity??

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ya the user made it seem that he was only Freshman not called up!! Got deleted after every one trolled the thread, I guess my question since your familiar with the program, Do you think he’s good enough right now to contribute on varsity??

He has played well on the 9th grade team. I can't say anything about the decisions to bring some up and leave others out. Idk what the process on making those decisions is, no more than I did when Rush was the coach. 

I do know, every year, someone gets in their feels about this and that as it pertains to the decisions of the coaches. 

I was trying to pick out which 9th graders got brought up while watching the game on Friday night, and couldn't really keep up with it completely. I noticed the 9th grade center playing in the fourth quarter and in warm ups. I know there was others, but, don't know who they all were. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He has played well on the 9th grade team. I can't say anything about the decisions to bring some up and leave others out. Idk what the process on making those decisions is, no more than I did when Rush was the coach. 

I do know, every year, someone gets in their feels about this and that as it pertains to the decisions of the coaches. 

I was trying to pick out which 9th graders got brought up while watching the game on Friday night, and couldn't really keep up with it completely. I noticed the 9th grade center playing in the fourth quarter and in warm ups. I know there was others, but, don't know who they all were. 

There's always some resentment...usually from a parent...if a young player doesn't get called up for a Varsity game.  Especially in and around Norman Park.  Back in the day...it didn't happen all that often.  Over the years...it has become an awful strong incentive for superior play on Thursday afternoons.  Definitely...a badge of honor.

Being here on Amelia...I don't know who got asked to come up and who didn't...but...I gotta tell ya...there is NO WAY that Justin Rogers held a player back to spite a former coach.  It's not in his DNA.  And the person (on the GAVSV) suggesting such...should be ashamed.  But ain't that the whole substance of social media?  Before ya know it...somebody will come on here and post that SJB is Tier 1.

The Christians Are Coming !!!!

The Christians are Coming !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

There's always some resentment...usually from a parent...if a young player doesn't get called up for a Varsity game.  Especially in and around Norman Park.  Back in the day...it didn't happen all that often.  Over the years...it has become an awful strong incentive for superior play on Thursday afternoons.  Definitely...a badge of honor.

Being here on Amelia...I don't know who got asked to come up and who didn't...but...I gotta tell ya...there is NO WAY that Justin Rogers held a player back to spite a former coach.  It's not in his DNA.  And the person (on the GAVSV) suggesting such...should be ashamed.  But ain't that the whole substance of social media?  Before ya know it...somebody will come on here and post that SJB is Tier 1.

The Christians Are Coming !!!!

The Christians are Coming !!!!

Rufus>>

Earlier I found myself wondering about this thing more and more. Why are "people" only fussing about Thomas Propst? Why aren't they fighting for the rest of the kids that didn't get varsity jerseys? 

Just a curiosity thing on my part. I think everyone with any sense knows the answer. 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Earlier I found myself wondering about this thing more and more. Why are "people" only fussing about Thomas Propst? Why aren't they fighting for the rest of the kids that didn't get varsity jerseys? 

Just a curiosity thing on my part. I think everyone with any sense knows the answer. 

--------B-I-N-G-O-------

Rufus>>