Should we ban people who post on the Dark Side?

StJoesFanboy

Should we ban those who post over there?

Should be warn, suspend, or ban those who read posts on the Dark Side with delight, assuming that we have the proof that they did so?  Should we be forced to mix with their kind?

I've always believed that, once you figure out that you're right, ends then justify the means.  So, why listen to what's wrong when you know it's wrong, and in the process, it hurts your feelings or makes you upset?  Simply ban the drivel and nonconformist views.  Why go thru the motions?

Free speech and other virtues and values are secondary to facts and other superior virtues that we know are facts or superior.  Free speech was all the rage when we naively believed that we were fallible, and thus, we believed that we needed speech and debate to get to the right or the better or the best answers.  It was part of the scientific method applied to humanity.  But we have the answers now.  We know what's right.

I say, Ban those who don't agree with orthodox opinion (I mean, the facts).  Impose the orthodoxy, and let's be done with the charade. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, World Citizen said:

Wrong forum.  Take it next door.  

World,

I can't, because you and I on this forum have to keep those guys off this forum.  Doing it your way is a logistical nightmare.

Big Drop had a great thread that misfired a bit, bringing that Dark Side into our sincerely-purer world.

So, I agree with your gist--but to "take it next door," I had to use this door.  It's a bit convoluted, but maybe on further reflection, you'll see what my intention was even if you disagree with my method.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

#FreeDrummer

is he banned or suspended?  I spoke to him the night before I started posting again  He said nothing about the board, and everything he said could be said in mixed company.  I never liked him in the first place.

I have never known a Commie or an Alt-Right person.  I love my parents.  I voted for Bernie in the NJ Dem primary.  I hated sleeping in cars . . . unless of course I was getting busy.

Please don't judge or ban me.  I admit it--I'm a stupid coward.  Just let me hang out with you guys a little longer, at least until my colonoscopy flush is over at 7 tonight.  Then, I'll drift away, never to seen or heard from again.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Should we ban those who post over there?

Free speech and other virtues and values are secondary...

I say, Ban those who don't agree ...

giphy.gif

For the NEWBIE who jumps on the main board and stirs shit with a blender, you sure got a lot to say...

So why shouldn't we ban you first?

for being a drama queen...

2 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

World,

I can't, because you and I on this forum have to keep those guys off this forum.  Doing it your way is a logistical nightmare.

So, I agree with your gist--but to "take it next door," I had to use this door.  It's a bit convoluted, but maybe on further reflection, you'll see what my intention was even if you disagree with my method.

Yes...don't confront what you oppose...

that would be silly...

go around behind those other's backs to rally shills to do your dirty work.

I know what some call that method...

but it does not seem very convoluted to me.

2 hours ago, Troll said:

Yes...don't confront what you oppose...

that would be silly...

go around behind those other's backs to rally shills to do your dirty work.

I know what some call that method...

but it does not seem very convoluted to me.

Dear Troll:

Please ignore this thread.  Someone hijacked my computer.  HSFB was over earlier; so, that might explain a lot.  I now also can't seem to locate my black, brown, and cordovan shoe polish.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

-DQ

• Haha 2

Baby Blue,

These guys actually took the thread serious.  I tried to sound like i thought a post-modernist, SJW would sound, but I didn't think anyone would fall for it.

Troll's comments are precious--i.e., shills doing my dirty work.  I might agree with his views, but I can't get past someone calling me a Queen.  Is that almost like someone call me a gay? 

A lot of uptight brothers running around.  I'm heading back to Zero Hedge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StJoesFanboy said:

These guys actually took the thread serious.  

Troll's comments are precious

A lot of uptight brothers running around.  I'm heading back to Zero Hedge.

So you think when someone says you are acting like a drama queen...

that it insinuates they care about something, more seriously than you do??? 🤣  ok 🙄

My comments only pointed out how your actions present themselves...

precious newbie 😝 (...in name lol)

Zero Hedge away then...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

So you think when someone says you are acting like a drama queen...

that it insinuates they care about something, more seriously than you do??? 🤣  ok 🙄

My comments only pointed out how your actions present themselves...

precious newbie 😝 (...in name lol)

Zero Hedge away then...

giphy.gif

we're talking past each other, and i'll assume that it's my fault.

if i were to say, jump off a bridge (and I don't mean that btw), and I were kidding, judging me by "how my actions [my words, you mean] present themselves" would not make any sense, because my actions are ironic--not meant to be judged at face value. 

you could say that my attempt at being ironic wasn't good or it failed, but it would make no sense to take it seriously, which you obviously did in saying, "So, why shouldn't we ban you first?  for being a drama queen," and "don't confront what you oppose * * * go around behind those other's backs to rally shills to do [my] dirty work."

The thread was a joke.  I meant the opposite of what I said.  I don't believe in bans, except I guess in very rare cases.  And I could care less about the queen comment.  I liked how you dug in and tried to smack me down.

Encouragement!

58 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

but it would make no sense to take it seriously, which you obviously did...<<<funny how you claim innocence ... as everyone else should be able to 'read your mind', ignore your post, and assume everything you type is the opposite of how you feel....I mean that might just work....if you weren't accusing others by misreading them....in the VERY SAME SENTENCE lolol 🤣 …#ironicfailure

The thread was a joke. <don't really care what it was I meant the opposite of what I said. <<<brilliant 🤣... even started a whole thread to do it... on the main board yet...   

I liked how you dug in and tried to smack me down.<<<you humor yourself well...must practice a lot.

Encouragement! <<yeah you run with that 🙄

PS....you're not very good at this are you....is that why it says newbie by your name?

BTW...how was Zero hedge?.... must be rockin tonight. 

11 hours ago, Troll said:

PS....you're not very good at this are you....is that why it says newbie by your name?

BTW...how was Zero hedge?.... must be rockin tonight. 

You're alright--guys such as you come along . . . not often enough.  Many will remember a college guy who posted on Rivals several yrs ago (he cut and pasted a lot), then on the interim Dallas site, and then early on here.  You remind me of him.  Very curious mind, and a good heart, and a genuine interest in this stuff.  That's sincere.

you got me 2x--the 1st time, that I was really serious (I really am a SJW, and was trying to get all of you banned--and I barely know you guys), and the 2nd, when caught red-handed, I tried to pass off my stunt with that thinly-veiled back pedaling.  Guilty as charged.

You made a great point, which, I have to say, I also made long ago to my Contemporary Civ professor:  How was I supposed to know Swift was kidding when he modestly proposed the poor Irish selling their babies to aristocrats to ease their estate in life.  He said, well, that's satire, and I said what you said to me:  What am I, a mind reader, who is supposed to know that Swift meant the opposite of what he wrote.  If that's what Swift meant (meaning, the opposite of what he wrote), then why the hell didn't he just say so--i.e., hey, selling poor babies who consume scarce resources isn't a great idea or something like that.  I then said that the professor was just making after-the-fact excuses for Swift's dumb and cannabilistic idea because I caught Swift red-handed.  And I had proof for my reading him correctly at face value--Swift really meant it wholeheartedly, and thus, my professor was simply a latter-day apologist for early 1700s' savagery and stupidity.

I stunned him by my insight, which he after regaining his composure disingenuously referred to as unimaginable ignorance and thickness, but still, he could not provide me a satisfactory answer to a legit question, in my opinion.  He wasn't a very good professor, at least not as good as I was a student.  He was probably new at his job, too.

I swore that day never to be that man, and now look at me--I'm him, just more handsome, and I'm sure I got a whole lot more tail than he ever did.  I'm sure you do, too.

Please don't go away.  I would have dropped this note sooner to better show my regard for you, but I was under anesthesia all morning, and it's just wearing off.

One Love.

20 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Dude it’s Friday and Gameday. Take this crap to the OT

Coming from the man who posted on the other side on a thread trending toward quickly this topic, who posted concerning this side and it's irredeemable nature, and who called it the dark side--where do you think I got the name for the thread, sweetheart?

Subtlety isn't a strong suit around here.

• Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Please don't go away.  I would have dropped this note sooner to better show my regard for you, but I was under anesthesia all morning, and it's just wearing off.

One Love.

I have a much simpler explanation, so you need not project...😲

Unless there is evidence to the contrary, I will take people at their word....👍

Call it a fault if you must, but I am perfectly fine with it...😁

Your Swift example is nice....as it points towards the subtleties of interpreting prose..👌

Yet it appears you did not learn any of this subtlety  tho.  Interpretation of subtleties to determine intent, implies that when something is 'outrageous or outlandish' it might just be satire.... but to find fault with interpretation, on such a commonly pushed narrative today after posting it, is a bit much...or just plain 'bad satire'.  🤔

Of course most people speak as if the world is already supposed to know them...🙄 , and maybe you think 'anyone who knows you, should know you were kidding" ….but you are a newbie here (which is why I was so reminding) so no one is supposed to know you.....

...remember? 🤣

PS.... You sound like an 'alright guy yourself' tho... so welcome to the board...

giphy.gif

Newb. 😝

BTW …+1 for the one love 🙏

4 hours ago, Troll said:

I have a much simpler explanation, so you need not project...😲

Unless there is evidence to the contrary, I will take people at their word....👍

Call it a fault if you must, but I am perfectly fine with it...😁

Your Swift example is nice....as it points towards the subtleties of interpreting prose..👌

Yet it appears you did not learn any of this subtlety  tho.  Interpretation of subtleties to determine intent, implies that when something is 'outrageous or outlandish' it might just be satire.... but to find fault with interpretation, on such a commonly pushed narrative today after posting it, is a bit much...or just plain 'bad satire'.  🤔

Of course most people speak as if the world is already supposed to know them...🙄 , and maybe you think 'anyone who knows you, should know you were kidding" ….but you are a newbie here (which is why I was so reminding) so no one is supposed to know you.....

...remember? 🤣

PS.... You sound like an 'alright guy yourself' tho... so welcome to the board...

giphy.gif

Newb. 😝

BTW …+1 for the one love 🙏

Troll,

I hear yoou're tip top.

God Bless.