Aquinas vs Deerfield Beach Stream 🌴 STA-28 DFB-7 02:004th

StAllThewaY

1 minute ago, StAllThewaY said:

Another 3 and out for sta.

I feel like STA knows their D can just win for them that they just don't adapt their offense.    They remind me a lot of LSU prior to Burrow.    Can beat some of the best, but are just unwilling to change things up.    If they want to be a power team they shouldn't be in the spread.    

28-7 final.   Int pick 6 and two rushing TD's (one a nice 50 yard run by Hankerson) for STA in the 2nd half.   Solid D effort.    The soph QB Turner struggled, but the rushing tandem of Hankerson and Henry was enough to put up a few offensive TD's.   

DFB's lone TD was scored by the talented UM commit Xavier Restrepo (who played for STA last season, but wanted to graduate early) on a reception and he had a solid game overall... stuffed STA's 4th down and goal in the first half by giving up his body vs. Dumervil and plugging the hole.  

• Like 1

Worst game we've played this year but the defense remained a stalwart.

Sapp played last night for the first time since De La Salle. Rosemy didn't play and has been out for 3 weeks now.

That was the first real step back for the offense. They had gotten better every week until last night. But Deerfield's defensive personnel is probably as good as ours except for Wingo who's the best player on either side.

I think they're a contender to represent the south at states if they can stay on schedule offensively. They run it pretty well but they can't pass protect. I think we had 7-8 sacks and it was obvious watching their previous games that they would be in trouble in that respect.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2