Tift vs Colquitt 2019

Rufus69

Well Gurus...it's here.   The earth is about to start spinning a bit faster cause strange things are upon us.  Yep...Halloween is coming early to Norman Park.  It's time for Tift/Colquitt.

If you're from around the South Georgia area...shoot, even Georgia in general...you probably know a lot of the history.   The Dastardly Devils and the Packers have gone at it for a long while.  And it ain't just football.  Anytime the two schools meet...you have the potential for WWIII.  Just a few examples...

1.  The Tift AD had a flag thrown on him for shoving a Packer player over on the Devil sidelines.  We were told he received a raise afterwards.

2.  Rush and Shorty Reid (Tift's HC) held a heated discussion near midfield after a Tift player plowed into our kicker on a FG attempt taking him out for (3) weeks.  Shorty had to bring a step stool with him in order to argue/scream face to face.  And yes..."unsportmanlikes" on both coaches.

3.  Major flareup at a soccer match due to a Colquitt player "accidentally" kicking a Tift player in his scrotum...explaining he was going for the ball.

4.  At least (3) bench clearing social gatherings involving Devil/Packer baseball games.  Seems both teams kept getting batters hit.  

5.  A Packer player was elbowed in the face at a basketball game and (3) players (2 Tift, 1 Colquitt) were ejected for...."reckless behavior".

6.  The melee at a tiddlywinks tournament in Tifton involving fans and parents...OK...OK...I made that one up...but it COULD have happened.

I doubt this game will be any different.  The Tift County line is just outside Norman Park.  You have neighbors...relatives...estranged marriages...and weirdos (Tift) all living within a close proximity.    I know you've heard of the separation of church and state...but these two counties...it's separation of church and church.  The only GOOD baptist is a Colquitt baptist.  Friday night...we'll have the roads blockaded just outside Omega...in and around Berlin...at the Cook County line...and everywhere else we think them sorry good for nothing Devils will try to get in.  I can say...Coach Rogers has been set down and told how important this game is.  Forget the Region implications.  Forget the Playoff implications.  This is Tift/Colquitt.  This Friday night....it's EVERYTHING.

I never liked Tift.

NEVER !!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So is Tift Co the top rival? Or Lowndes, or Valdosta? List them in order please 

I suppose it's who you talk to...but most of us who have been around for a WHILE...will say Tift.  Mainly cause we're side by side counties in the same Region.  And mainly cause we both compete against each other in every sport.   And mainly cause both have had very good programs and have upset the other and spoiled their season.  But MAINLY...cause it's fucking Tift !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Let me say that Camden is earning a special place in our hearts too. 

Well...I think most of us like playing Camden.  They're a solid program and well coached.  They're a very good litmus test for the Packers.   We simply haven't played them enough...YET.  But I agree....it's coming...(Smile).

Most of us like playing Valdosta.  The tradition...the history..the losses (LOL)...the fans and even the coaches.  Our two programs are so intertwined.  One of the BEST Packer O-Linemen to ever wear football cleats is coaching for the Cats now.  His dad wasn't that bad either.  One of our BEST TE/WR players on the 2015 Championship team's dad was an All American at Valdosta.  Add to that...we all have very close friends down in Azalea City (and Hendersonville NC).  They're practically extended family.  But Valdosta isn't in our Region these days.  Some of the luster just isn't there.

Lowndes is Lowndes.  Nobody likes Lowndes...except their 6,000 TD members and their 500 member Walking Band.  Lowndes is one BIG school.  They have at least 1,000 more kids than we do.  It's tough to continually compete against Lowndes University year after year.  But hey...you do what'cha gotta do.

So to me...Tift is our die hard Rival.  To the bitter end Rival. the Dastardly Devil Rival.  It's gonna be a knock'em down - drag'em out game Friday night....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Tift has a solid defense this year. Idk if the spread will be that huge. They did hold the Lowndes offense to 3 scores after keeping them scoreless for a half.

Colquitt is more balanced than Lowndes on offense though. 

Camden used to make me angry.... still kinda do... 

I couldn't escape Camden for shit... 

We moved from Savannah to Tifton when I was in HS that same year they realigned Camden to Region 1... 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Tift has a solid defense this year. Idk if the spread will be that huge. They did hold the Lowndes offense to 3 scores after keeping them scoreless for a half.

Colquitt is more balanced than Lowndes on offense though. 

Dont mind him. Literally brings nothing to the board regarding HSFB. Just cheerleads the Saints (off topic), Tulane (off topic) and his team’s top rival. He’s a joke. 

I want you to remember that before you warn me and @imaGoodBoyNow when we get on his ass like Colquitt on Tift Co!!!! 😂

• Haha 1