The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Guru's point is that Omaha can't defend his rankings, other than "it was a rivalry game" or "I'm giving this small market team who schedules down, the benefit of the doubt.

This BS used to fly on DJ's site, cuz DJ was just as bad.  But guys here are way to savvy and have seen way too much HS football to buy into these atrocious rankings.

You must be talking about people not named Los and redzone

They formulate opinions on teams they haven't seen play a single down but claim to be experts, 🤔🤔

They are total 🤡🤡

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

Yeah, my fanboys are working hard tonight. And you just thumbed down one of my posts.

How many times have I reacted to one of yours?

Zero point zero.

I’ve probably given you more likes than thumbs down and have defended you more than once when the mob gathers with pitchforks 

the thumbs down was just for the particularly stupid comment that it’s irrelevant what record others would have with the same schedule — if you said 2+2=5, I’d do the same thing

1 minute ago, Pops said:

the thumbs down was just for the particularly stupid comment that it’s irrelevant what record others would have with the same schedule — if you said 2+2=5, I’d do the same thing

It's only a stupid comment for those who don't actually think about what you said.

If a team plays 6 slapdicks and 3 elite national private schools then every team in the country may be 6-3 against that schedule but that does nothing to prove how good Servite is.

It's a completely meaningless statement regarding Servite's strength.

You major in crafting these weasel claims that seem compelling at first glance but actually have no relationship to the point you're trying to make.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, The Guru said:

It's only a stupid comment for those who don't actually think about what you said.

If a team plays 6 slapdicks and 3 elite national private schools then every team in the country may be 6-3 against that schedule but that does nothing to prove how good Servite is.

It's a completely meaningless statement regarding Servite's strength.

You major in crafting these weasel claims that seem compelling at first glance but actually have no relationship to the point you're trying to make.

Not meaningless — not even close To being meaningless 

in the context (redzone’s attack on their record), it is the MOST meaningful data we have 

Go ahead and list the teams from LA you think would be 5-3 or better with servites schedule 

Cue some excuse why you won’t and the burden of proof is on me or some other stupid shit that says IOW, “I’m right because I say so”

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

Go ahead and list the teams from LA you think would be 5-3 or better with servites schedule 

Irrelevant to the claim that you made.

For instance, I think Plantation is a decent enough team but there's no way to know how good they are given that their 6 wins are blowouts against bad teams and their one loss is a blowout to STA.

Now, I could claim that "No team in the country would have a better record against that schedule than they currently do!" in an effort to prop them up.

But I don't do silly things like that because it's stupid and meaningless.

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Totally meaningless.

In the annals of meaningless Pops claims, it's near the top of the list for most meaningless.

13 minutes ago, The Guru said:

In the context of basic logic, it's an embarrassingly empty and meaningless claim.

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Irrelevant to the claim that you made.

For instance, I think Plantation is a decent enough team but there's no way to know how good they are given that their 6 wins are blowouts against bad teams and their one loss is a blowout to STA.

Now, I could claim that "No team in the country would have a better record against that schedule than they currently do!" in an effort to prop them up.

But I don't do silly things like that because it's stupid and meaningless.

I’ve actually taken standardized tests where much of the focus was in data relevancy and sufficiency and score way above the minimum threshold for top 1%

i could take a lot of time and explain this to you amid your protestations but I’m comfortable KNOWING I’m right 

Now feel free to reply to this with 3-5 posts as usual but this is directionally akin to you arguing the theory of relativity with Einstein or X’s and O’s with Bilicheck — they’d be wasting their breath as you would still be arrogantly telling them they’re wrong.  We shouldn’t be burdened by your obstinance 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’ve actually taken standardized tests where much of the focus was in data relevancy and sufficiency and score way above the minimum threshold for top 1%

Actual smart people demonstrate that they're smart. They don't just tell people that they scored highly on standardized tests.

This is probably more pitiful than your claims about how high your IQ is.

Cringe-worthy.

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, The Guru said:

Actual smart people demonstrate that they're smart. They don't just tell people that they scored highly on standardized tests.

This is probably more pitiful than your claims about how high your IQ is.

Cringe-worthy.

What would you know about actual smart people?

🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

i could take a lot of time and explain this to you amid your protestations but I’m comfortable KNOWING I’m right 

There's the laziness that I've come to expect from my favorite pseudo-intellectual.

Pops makes assertion

Assertion is challenged

Pops refuses to support assertion because he "knows" he's right anyway

If somebody from 2011 was in a coma for 8 years and just woke up, you wouldn't have to explain anything to him/her. They would be able to pick right up where they left off.

• Thumbs Down 2

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

they’d be wasting their breath as you would still be arrogantly telling them they’re wrong. 

"Arrogance"

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

"You're wrong"

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

😄

• Thumbs Down 2