The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But he is.

His poll sucks and his reasoning is basically either stupid or non-existent.

You have no credibility fraud

Take your bullshit to some regional board (maybe a Tallahassee football page) that you might be able to fake your way and look like you know football but real experts know you got nothing but jokes and trolling 

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But he is.

His poll sucks and his reasoning is basically either stupid or non-existent.

The guy hardly ever posts. So when he does, he has something relevant , even if you disagree with him. Getting 50 teams exact is pretty difficult. If you came up with your 50, even if you strongly believed in your poll, i'm sure there would be a ton of critics also. In the end, a lot of it is educated guessing. There would have to be way more head to head matchups across state lines to get it exact

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The guy hardly ever posts. So when he does, he has something relevant , even if you disagree with him. Getting 50 teams exact is pretty difficult. If you came up with your 50, even if you strongly believed in your poll, i'm sure there would be a ton of critics also. In the end, a lot of it is educated guessing. There would have to be way more head to head matchups across state lines to get it exact

You obvious have no evidence to support your claims. You just assert things about him without any backing.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You obvious have no evidence to support your claims. You just assert things about him without any backing.

Well then, be more specific. Break down his poll for us and realign it. I won't criticize you if I don't agree. A lot of these teams I have no opinion on as I haven't seen them. Instead of just saying the poll sucks, tell me where the mistakes are. I actually do respect your football knowledge as I told you in the past, and I think you'd probably be a good handicapper .  

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

@Pops I don’t have any issue with DLS being Top 10. My beef is with Omaha for not ranking Servite, but instead ranking SJR and Avon.

Thought  you might defend Servite (one time) since DLS is in the same boat loss wise 

I think I’ve defended Servite often over the years 

always liked Troy Thomas as coach — remember defending your inclusion in top 100 with a 6-6 record — Servite always has among the top SOS in the country because Servite always schedules someone elite on top of your bruising league schedule 

Your issue with me is I’m not buying what you’re selling on Folsom

i know Folsom and Servite and I’d take Folsom every year this decade 

you infer that as more of an insult than I imply because you’ve disabled your objectivity on Folsom thru years of teasing 

I will say there aren’t 25 teams in the country that would have a better record on the same schedule than Servite this year 

I don’t know about top 50 — I don’t put out a poll, but that is an imminently reasonable position 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Well then, be more specific. Break down his poll for us and realign it. I won't criticize you if I don't agree. 

He’s too much of a chicken shit to do that. He couldn’t handle the criticism that comes along with putting a poll out. All he can do is select the 3 or 4 teams that he thinks don’t belong and thrash them in a feeble attempt to make me look bad. He does this to everybody, though. 
Whiteshoes and Sammy get their fair share of bashing as well, but I’m not going to disrespect their effort the way that imbecile, Canes, does. I have more respect for people than that. 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

He’s too much of a chicken shit to do that. He couldn’t handle the criticism that comes along with putting a poll out. All he can do is select the 3 or 4 teams that he thinks don’t belong and thrash them in a feeble attempt to make me look bad. He does this to everybody, though. 
Whiteshoes and Sammy get their fair share of bashing as well, but I’m not going to disrespect their effort the way that imbecile, Canes, does. I have more respect for people than that. 

Some folks aren't people... nor do they deserve respect... in spite of their claims and demands to the contrary... There is no defense or argument against a poll such as the no nonsense polls. And if there was, it would show up in the position of an ordinary type poll by the detractor(s)

The Guru's point is that Omaha can't defend his rankings, other than "it was a rivalry game" or "I'm giving this small market team who schedules down, the benefit of the doubt.

This BS used to fly on DJ's site, cuz DJ was just as bad.  But guys here are way to savvy and have seen way too much HS football to buy into these atrocious rankings.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Guru's point is that Omaha can't defend his rankings, other than "it was a rivalry game" or "I'm giving this small market team who schedules down, the benefit of the doubt.

This BS used to fly on DJ's site, cuz DJ was just as bad.  But guys here are way to savvy and have seen way too much HS football to buy into these atrocious rankings.

Sammy, I can go through and list all the daisy chains just like you do. Those don't determine a team's worth. I can list all the D1 caliber players, but that doesn't define a team's worth either. I can even look at which teams have a coach that will run up the score. All one can do is watch as many games as possible and go from there. You have to also know what's going on with each particular game. Is it a rivalry? Is it the first game of the season? Was it played in a monsoon, etc, etc.? Those are some of the questions that need to be answered. Do I watch every team out there, of course not! A lot of it IS guessing and relying on "benefit of the doubt" until proven otherwise. In other words.....IT'S OPINION!!!!! The point is I'm not here to justify anything to you or that bonehead, Canes. 

Oh, and when you guys start beating me in the Pick'ems (which I am ALWAYS at or near the top of the rankings) then, maybe, I'll start valuing your opinion on rankings........

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

This is completely meaningless claim.

I see your community rating is tanking overnight 

You are wrong — because most people would dismiss Servite for their W/L without looking mire deeply 

STA would be 6-2 playing servite’s schedule, same as DLS (two top 10 teams).  I doubt there’s a team in LA that would be better than 4-4.

very relevant, especially since the LA guy is the one that mocked the record 

save your breath — I replied and I’m not playing with you — this is just a dismissal 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pops said:

You are wrong — because most people would dismiss Servite for their W/L without looking mire deeply

It's appropriate that you don't even know why your statement is meaningless.

You always try to make claims that seem clever on the surface but, if looked at deeper, is really just a meaningless claim.

Servite has probably 5 sure wins, 3 sure losses and one toss-up.

They're 6-3.

It's meaningless to say that only 25 teams would have a better record than Servite. It has a total lack of context.

• Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, Pops said:

STA would be 6-2 playing servite’s schedule, same as DLS (two top 10 teams).  I doubt there’s a team in LA that would be better than 4-4.

very relevant, especially since the LA guy is the one that mocked the record

Those are mighty fine opinions.

But it seems that your defense for irrelevant speculation is to pile on more irrelevant speculation.

• Thumbs Down 1