Whiteshoes Top 100

whiteshoes

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Tiers are crowd sourced, and as such will place any team on a Tier that is talked about on these boards, or a member requests that team to be placed on a tier.

If you have an issue with which Tier a team is placed on, The Tiers encourage you (as a valued crowd source) to make your case.

As you stated, you don't have Folsom ranked in your tiers because they don't have any quality wins yet, correct? 

There's a handful of teams on your tiers that don't have any quality wins or even close losses against quality opponents. Thus my whole point. I can comb through the schedules of every team on your tiers to prove my point if you'd like but here's two off the top of my head - Mission Viejo and Dutch Fork. Neither of these teams have played anyone relevant up to this point in the season yet get passes. Personally, I think these two teams are good but their schedules are quite frankly pathetic for their standards wouldn't you say? 

26 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

As you stated, you don't have Folsom ranked in your tiers because they don't have any quality wins yet, correct? 

There's a handful of teams on your tiers that don't have any quality wins or even close losses against quality opponents. Thus my whole point. I can comb through the schedules of every team on your tiers to prove my point if you'd like but here's two off the top of my head - Mission Viejo and Dutch Fork. Neither of these teams have played anyone relevant up to this point in the season yet get passes. Personally, I think these two teams are good but their schedules are quite frankly pathetic for their standards wouldn't you say? 

Both Dutch Fork and MV are placed in Tiers because other members talk about them.

Both DF and MV, and also Folsom could have a case for being in a higher Tier had their schedule offered them a chance to beat a Top 50/75/100 opponent.  All three are arguabley placed artificially low in The Tiers due to lack of vetting opportunities.  Same for Lakeland.

But that lack of vetting opportunities are those teams own fault, and The Tiers won't reward them for the "benefit of the doubt"

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

And "due diligence", in your book, at times is simply strength of schedule, whether the team wins those games or not. I disagree with that being due diligence.

So then how would you explain Excluding a Team with wins over 2 teams in this Top 100?....

San Diego CC has been left out of this Poll since losing to #87 Helix, yet they hold wins over #44 Saguro AZ and #52 Corona Cen10 who are both Ranked in this poll... This is better then any wins on Helix's Resume, Folsom's Resume and Mission Viejo's Resume.... 

Yet, This Poll Rewards Teams Like Folsom Ranked #38 who was not even competitive against DLS, and if it wasn't for a missed FG would have lost to Unranked Oak Ridge,  and Mission Viejo who has no quality wins but is ranked #24...

Up until they lost their Starting QB to season ending Injury the week before last, SDCC had 2 Wins over this Top 100 and their only loss was to Helix who is Ranked in this Top 100...

Every other team boasting SDCC's type of Resume was in this Poll... This is the Definition of a "Lazy Poll"... 

If Servite Beats MV tonight, it will be the #83 Team Knocking off the #24 team almost a 60 Spot Difference... That would be a Real Black Eye for an already questionable poll....

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

At least some of us try tho.  Via vetting as many data points as possible 

So much for your SoS theory. Having a tough schedule is not the only way you should be vetting teams. There’s more to it than that. It appears your Trinity League schedules really held up.

Cen10 56 JSerra 0

Poly 27 OLu 24

And of course......ding,,ding,ding.....

MV 37 SERVITE 34!!!!!!

Also, Carlsbad 21 San Diego CC 20

It’s starting to look like my rankings are getting more accurate by the week. 

37 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

So much for your SoS theory. Having a tough schedule is not the only way you should be vetting teams. There’s more to it than that. It appears your Trinity League schedules really held up.

Cen10 56 JSerra 0

Poly 27 OLu 24

And of course......ding,,ding,ding.....

MV 37 SERVITE 34!!!!!!

Also, Carlsbad 21 San Diego CC 20

It’s starting to look like my rankings are getting more accurate by the week. 

Once again you will miss what is right before your eyes. You can’t understand the obvious

Servite plays Top 25 MV within 3 points

Folsom plays #1351 within 3 points.

Botu you and @whiteshoes will rank Folsom ahead of Servite.

So Lazy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Once again you will miss what is right before your eyes. You can’t understand the obvious

So Lazy

Oh, so now you agree with me about MV’s ranking? I had them top 35, not top 25 btw. 
After Folsom only beat Lincoln by 3 they will drop behind Servite accordingly. See, that’s how rankings and polls work. Nothing “lazy” about it!

Hows the crow tasting this morning? 

10 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Oh, so now you agree with me about MV’s ranking? I had them top 35, not top 25 btw. 
After Folsom only beat Lincoln by 3 they will drop behind Servite accordingly. See, that’s how rankings and polls work. Nothing “lazy” about it!

Hows the crow tasting this morning? 

I like your first paragraph.

The Tiers held up fine.

My team won last night and is headed to the Semi's

All is good

frog tea.jpg

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So Lazy

Actually watched the entire Servite game last night and came away impressed with the team.    Four losses to ranked teams and playing Bosco even should go along way toward a solid rankings in all polls.     However, I am still at a loss at your obsession with Folsom.   Backing a team is a good thing, not sure about the focus on Folsom being a good thing.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, whiteshoes said:

1.       Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei (10-0)

2.       Duncanville (TX) (10-0)

3.       Bellflower (CA) St. John Bosco (9-1)

4.       Baltimore (MD) St. Frances Academy (9-1)

5.       Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (10-0)

6.       Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy (9-1)

7.       Katy (TX) (10-0)

8.       Honolulu (HI) St. Louis (10-0)

9.       Valdosta (GA) Lowndes (10-0)

10.   Allen (TX) (10-0)

11.   Concord (CA) De La Salle (9-1)

12.   Houston (TX) North Shore (9-1)

13.   Irmo (SC) Dutch Fork (10-0-1)

14.   Charlotte (NC) Mallard Creek (10-0-1)

15.   Philadelphia (PA) St. Joseph Prep (8-2)

16.   Lakeland (FL) (11-0)

17.   Mentor (OH) (11-0)

18.   Southlake (TX) Carroll (10-0)

19.   Lakewood (OH) St. Edward (10-1)

20.   Las Vegas (NV) Bishop Gorman (10-1)

21.   Washington (DC) St. Johns (6-4)

22.   Longview (TX) (10-0)

23.   Chandler (AZ) (10-0)

24.   Mission Viejo (CA) (10-0)

25.   Draper Corner (UT) Canyon (12-0)

26.   Washington (DC) Gonzaga (8-2)

27.   Powder Springs (GA) McEachern (10-0)

28.   Phenix City (AL) Central (10-1)

29.   Norman Park (GA) Colquitt County (8-2)

30.   Denton (TX) Ryan (10-0)

31.   Akron (OH) Archbishop Hoban (10-1)

32.   Marietta (GA) (8-2)

33.   Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha (7-3)

34.   Murfreesboro (TN) Oakland (11-0)

35.   Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett (9-1)

36.   Muskegon (MI) (11-0)

37.   Massillon (OH) Washington (11-0)

38.   Folsom (CA) (9-1)

39.   Miami (FL) Northwestern (9-2)

40.   Charlotte (NC) Myers Park (11-0)

41.   Louisville (KY) Male (11-0)

42.   Loganville (GA) Grayson (9-1)

43.   Baton Rouge (LA) Catholic (10-0)

44.   Scottsdale (AZ) Saguaro (9-1)

45.   Aledo (TX) (9-1)

46.   Frankfort (IL) Lincoln-Way East (11-0)

47.   Seffner (FL) Armwood (10-1)

48.   Olney (MD) Our Lady of Good Counsel (7-3)

49.   Owasso (OK) (10-0)

50.   Jersey City (NJ) St. Peters Prep (8-1)

51.   East St. Louis (IL) (11-0)

52.   Corona (CA) Centennial (8-2)

53.   Lilburn (GA) Parkview (9-1)

54.   Highland Springs (VA) (10-0)

55.   Austin (TX) Lake Travis (9-1)

56.   River Ridge (LA) John Curtis (9-1)

57.   Denton (TX) Guyer (9-1)

58.   Bryant (AR) (10-0)

59.   West Monroe (LA) (9-1)

60.   Maryville (TN) (11-0)

61.   Austin (TX) Westlake (9-1)

62.   Cincinnati (OH) Colerain (10-1)

63.   Rockingham (NC) Richmond (11-0)

64.   Deerfield Beach (FL) (7-3)

65.   Metairie (LA) Archbishop Rummel (10-0)

66.   Bixby (OK) (10-0)

67.   Seattle (WA) O’Dea (9-0)

68.   Owings Mill (MD) McDonogh (11-0)

69.   St. Louis (MO) DeSmet Jesuit (11-0)

70.   Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (9-2)

71.   Louisville (KY) Trinity (9-2)

72.   Honolulu (HI) Punahou (10-2)

73.   Pickerington (OH) Central (10-1)

74.   Fresno (CA) Central (10-0)

75.   Sammamish (WA) Eastside Catholic (8-1)

76.   Catawissa (PA) Southern Columbia Area (11-0)

77.   Cartersville (GA) (10-0)

78.   Memphis (TN) University (9-1)

79.   Roebuck (SC) Dorman (11-0)

80.   Park Hills (KY) Covington Catholic (11-0)

81.   Hoover (AL) (9-2)

82.   Martinsburg (WV) (10-0)

83.   Anaheim (CA) Servite (7-3)

84.   Frisco (TX) Lone Star (10-0)

85.   West Point (MS) (11-1)

86.   Valdosta (GA) (8-2)

87.   La Mesa (CA) Helix (9-1)

88.   Gibsonia (PA) Pine-Richland (10-1)

89.   Toledo (OH) Central Catholic (11-0)

90.   Greenwood Village (CO) Cherry Creek (10-0)

91.   LaGrange Park (IL) Nazareth Academy (11-0)

92.   Houston (TX) Westfield (9-1)

93.   Montvale (NJ) St. Joseph Regional (6-3)

94.   Dallas (TX) Highland Park (9-1)

95.   Starkville (MS) (10-2)

96.   Newport Beach (CA) Corona del Mar (11-0)

97.   Vero Beach (FL) (10-0)

98.   Pittsburg (PA) Central Catholic (10-1)

99.   Duncan (SC) Byrnes (10-1)

100.   Hollywood (FL) Chaminade-Madonna (8-2)

Dropped Out:

#72 Charlotte (NC) Vance lost to Cornelius (NC) Hough (7-4)         42-28

#82 Buford (GA) (9-1) lost to Athens (GA) Clark Central (7-3)         31-28

#90 DeSoto (TX) (8-2) lost to Cedar Hill (TX) (8-2)            28-27

NJ is irrelevant, and so, whether you have any Jersey teams in your rankings or where you place them is of no consequence to the integrity of your rankings.

But you got NJ wrong.  I would just leave them out to make life easier.  They're not worth the effort, and NJ's a hot mess as some precocious newcomer said some few weeks ago.

4 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

NJ is irrelevant, and so, whether you have any Jersey teams in your rankings or where you place them is of no consequence to the integrity of your rankings.

But you got NJ wrong.  I would just leave them out to make life easier.  They're not worth the effort, and NJ's a hot mess as some precocious newcomer said some few weeks ago.

You are spot on with your analysis.   Of all the states I review for national rankings, Jersey has been the toughest.   Just when I think I have a handle on it, everything blows up and I start thinking maybe Penn's Grove, Hillside or Ramapo may be the state's best.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whiteshoes said:

You are spot on with your analysis.   Of all the states I review for national rankings, Jersey has been the toughest.   Just when I think I have a handle on it, everything blows up and I start thinking maybe Penn's Grove, Hillside or Ramapo may be the state's best.

you're rankings are admirable.  Herculean effort.  NJ is a nightmare.  you have no idea which team shows up

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

No way those publics last against Bosco, Joes, SPP, and BC. 

DePaul beats them and PC does too.  I'd have to look some more, but ND, SA, SHP, and Delbarton might beat them, although those teams are even more inconsistent than the top teams. 

I go to Ramapo games, and they want nothing to do with the top Catholics. you don't even have to cross that bridge.  The Catholics grab their best players.  See BC's QB wgo was at Ramapo.  Penns Grove is Group 1.  5 guys would be knocked out of the game by the 1/2.  Same with Group 2 Hillside.  Trinity Ky could beat some of these teams.

Just leave NJ out till the yr's over.