OT: Trump starting to show cracks?

noonereal

President Trump cut short an interview with the host of “Face the Nation” on CBS after being asked about his unsubstantiated claim that President Barack Obama wiretapped his campaign, saying he was entitled to his own “opinions.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/politics/trump-cbs-interview.html?_r=0 

I taught my kids and have long said, "you may only have an opinion in the absence of fact, not in conflict with it." You may quote me. 

Starting to show?  Good Lord.  Here is my post I just did on the other thread:

I really don't get why his handlers dont just tell him to stop doing interviews.  He had one with the Washington Examiner being released today where he went off on a tangent about Andrew Jackson and how great he was and how Jackson was so pissed about the Civil war and did not like what he was seeing and was ashamed.  Hmm really Drumpf?  He was really sick from what he saw during the civil war?  LOL!!!!  Andrew Jackson died in 1845.  The civil war started in 1861.  Seriously stop.  Just stop talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your embarrassing the COUNTRY!!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Starting to show?  Good Lord.  Here is my post I just did on the other thread:

I really don't get why his handlers dont just tell him to stop doing interviews.  He had one with the Washington Examiner being released today where he went off on a tangent about Andrew Jackson and how great he was and how Jackson was so pissed about the Civil war and did not like what he was seeing and was ashamed.  Hmm really Drumpf?  He was really sick from what he saw during the civil war?  LOL!!!!  Andrew Jackson died in 1845.  The civil war started in 1861.  Seriously stop.  Just stop talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your embarrassing the COUNTRY!!!!!

I replied in the other thread. 

being dumb and losing it because of pressure his dumb remarks have put on him are not the same thing. 

In spite of his unfounded but rather significant self confidence, a continued honest and deserved badgering from the media may well unravel the great orange man. (I know we can't say red man any longer but is it OK to say orange man? I think so. 9_9)

We have a front row seat to the greatest political drama in the history of our country.  It is surreal.  How do people get to where an obvious lie is accepted as 1 version of the truth? How?  

I really think he is ignorant and just doesn't care and probably doesn't even understand that he is ignorant.  He lies and he can't help himself.  

When he first ran for office I suspected people were so demoralized by our politics that If you wanted to shake this up in a real way, Trump was a the guy.  Well we got what the minority wanted and he is as advertised.  A completely unprepared, unqualified disaster.  But, the system would not have been shaken up without Trump as President.  That may, in the long run, leave us better off down the road.  We will have to put our environmental regulations back in place though, that is where he may cause the most damage imo. 

• Like 2

I have a serious question.  

NK. Do we attack when they can hit US mainland with a nuclear warhead?  Do we not attack and go about our business of ignoring NK and if attacked then retaliate?

I don't know.  If I had good Intel on a imminent NK attack I would get after them and start lighting them up but having good Intel on NK is a unrealistic scenario.  

Where is everyone's personal line that if crossed you would attack? 

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

How do people get to where an obvious lie is accepted as 1 version of the truth? How?

I think this is easily explained. 

Look, most of Trump's supporters feel entitled. Why shouldn't they? Life was easy and they were king. Blacks knew their place (it seemed that way because their emancipation was only on paper, they were never given real opportunity) Hispanics knew enough to only do service jobs....

Well look what you went and did. Put a black man in charge of the whole  enchilada. Well, that was it. That was rubbing it in their face. Minorities really were equal. OMG!!!!!!! No more looking the other way was possible. 

Well, what we have now is resentment, backlash. Like a spoiled kid leaving home (Opie comes to mind) and finding out he's not special like his family said. 

Trump has finished what Palin started. He has justified the failed lives of those that felt entitled by birth. Anyone offering this kind of absolution can do anything and only be applauded. as long as Trump never holds them accountable for their own actions, they will never stray. A loyal herd for sure.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

NK. Do we attack when they can hit US mainland with a nuclear warhead?  Do we not attack and go about our business of ignoring NK and if attacked then retaliate?

I don't know.  If I had good Intel on a imminent NK attack I would get after them and start lighting them up but having good Intel on NK is a unrealistic scenario.  

God forbid NK should get a nuke through to hit the US. If so I would nuke the entire country off the face of the earth no questions asked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

If you can't beatem joinem.  Drumpfs now says he would be honored to sit down and meet Kim Jung Un.  WTF!!!!!!!!???????????  Invites Duerte to the WH and now says its an "honor" to meet KJU?  Dude so much for all his chest bumping and tough talk.  Now he wants to kiss the NK leaders ass and lick his toes.  

52 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If you can't beatem joinem.  Drumpfs now says he would be honored to sit down and meet Kim Jung Un.  WTF!!!!!!!!???????????  Invites Duerte to the WH and now says its an "honor" to meet KJU?  Dude so much for all his chest bumping and tough talk.  Now he wants to kiss the NK leaders ass and lick his toes.  

How is a formal meeting with KJU equal to kissing his ass and licking his toes?

It seems to be a viable option. You can have a better discussion face to face than over a phone, Twitter, email, etc etc. Something tells me KJU would be a different person in a personal meeting. Do you think he would tell Trump he is going to nuke the yes face to face? Hell no.

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I think this is easily explained. 

Look, most of Trump's supporters feel entitled. Why shouldn't they? Life was easy and they were king. Blacks knew their place (it seemed that way because their emancipation was only on paper, they were never given real opportunity) Hispanics knew enough to only do service jobs....

Well look what you went and did. Put a black man in charge of the whole  enchilada. Well, that was it. That was rubbing it in their face. Minorities really were equal. OMG!!!!!!! No more looking the other way was possible. 

Well, what we have now is resentment, backlash. Like a spoiled kid leaving home (Opie comes to mind) and finding out he's not special like his family said. 

Trump has finished what Palin started. He has justified the failed lives of those that felt entitled by birth. Anyone offering this kind of absolution can do anything and only be applauded. as long as Trump never holds them accountable for their own actions, they will never stray. A loyal herd for sure.

Bingo.  That is at the unspoken heart of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

How is a formal meeting with KJU equal to kissing his ass and licking his toes?

It seems to be a viable option. You can have a better discussion face to face than over a phone, Twitter, email, etc etc. Something tells me KJU would be a different person in a personal meeting. Do you think he would tell Trump he is going to nuke the yes face to face? Hell no.

To me there is no problem in talking to NK.  Can't hurt but Trump might want Dennis Rodman there to help get it started on right foot.  Rodman is still alive isn't he? Would love to listen to Trump and NK leader having a conversation.  You think either one would be upfront and honest?

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Not at all.  Being liberal/progressive doesn't mean you don't talk to people.  It just means you don't listen to Ann C.  Ever!...unless she gets ahold of a nuke. ?

but, but... as a liberal, i thought i had to hate everything Trump says and does

you know, the way the gop acted toward obie

9 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Id attack now. Evacuate Seoul the best you can, and attack with everything weve got.

6 hours ago, World Citizen said:

To me there is no problem in talking to NK.  Can't hurt but Trump might want Dennis Rodman there to help get it started on right foot.  Rodman is still alive isn't he? Would love to listen to Trump and NK leader having a conversation.  You think either one would be upfront and honest?

After the propagands videos NK made of them nuking our mainland, carriers, and White House, do we really want dialogue? Go ahead and crush the regime.