Lakeland 10, Armwood 20 -start 4th

Nolebull813

5 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Because they lost to a Georgia team

No because they haven’t played anyone of national caliber since then. 

And a double overtime loss to a team who is rolling isn’t that bad. I know it’s bad for message board banter, but Armwood scored the game winning TD and they took it off the board. Then NG scores right after and wins. 

Not bad to drive 7 hours, play a team of that caliber, and almost win. Both teams are great. I think you and ECHS are the ones that still care about the September result 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Archer advanced, Milton put up a gallant effort against Marietta. Buford won in convincing fashion at Ware.

Something to evaluate. @Sammyswordsman

BGW

Georgia teams definitely earn it this time of year. 

7A has got to be the toughest bracket in the country overall. Not just having 2 great teams like Cali. The depth is outstanding. 

A lot of teams in GA to consider 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You Fla guys never talk about Armwood.  Not one thread.  That’s why they weren’t in The Tiers.  Not because they weren’t good.

I will put them in this week per your request 

What does that matter? Armwood has won 3 on field state titles and has about 7 runner ups. It just had a lot of problems with Central and Northwestern in state championship games recently because their offense goes conservative and they can't score. But, those Central and Northwestern teams were among the top few in the country during that run. Just because they're not on your radar doesn't mean they wouldn't beat the living crap out of 99.5% of California teams. I'd favor them over Cali except for MD and SJB. But those wouldn't be blowouts. D is too good. Armwood's lack of offensive sophistication would cost them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You Fla guys never talk about Armwood.  Not one thread.  That’s why they weren’t in The Tiers.  Not because they weren’t good.

I will put them in this week per your request 

That's on @181pl and @Nolebull813

Armwood is in their backyard, i did have Armwood high in my final regular season poll but I didn't know specifics so I could only tell you some minor stuff, though both of them have seen them in person and could give a lot more insight into Armwood

• Like 1