Live Stream: North Gwinnett GA 32, McEachern GA 13 - Final

ECHS05

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Strictly from a fan's perspective I believe

From a fan and player and coach perspective. A survery of all of the above would reveal that was the feeling for them. From a calpreps perspective, I suppose Bishop Gorman was a bigger win and Miami Central, too. But, > 90% of the players on the field and folks in the stadium would put the Lakeland win-at worst-on par with those wins.

This is relevant to the discussion because it explains why they likely played a bit flat tonight.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

So all region 1-6a teams lost tonight. The fuck is goin on?!!!!! 

The other team messed with their equipment. The parents wouldn't listen and ask the coaches to man up. The coaches knew that traditional west coast offense was their defensive weakness but didn't adjust or practice for it. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

From a fan and player and coach perspective. A survery of all of the above would reveal that was the feeling for them. From a calpreps perspective, I suppose Bishop Gorman was a bigger win and Miami Central, too. But, > 90% of the players on the field and folks in the stadium would put the Lakeland win-at worst-on par with those wins.

This is relevant to the discussion because it explains why they likely played a bit flat tonight.

For the current players. We're talking historically.  I doubt any coach takes last weeks win over say Central 2011 as a bigger win(forget the forfeits)

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

The other team messed with their equipment. The parents wouldn't listen and ask the coaches to man up. The coaches knew that traditional west coast offense was their defensive weakness but didn't adjust or practice for it. 

Well, looks like Rodemaker is gone. This was the year for him to win it. HELLLLLLOOOOOOO Rush Propst! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

For the current players. We're talking historically.  I doubt any player takes last weeks win over say Central 2011

The current players were in ~2nd grade at the time of that win. And, win, lose or draw, all of the players and coaches hear about Lakeland 365 days a year due to them being the big dog in the area. The Armwood QB grew up in Lakeland, still has family living there, is lifelong friends with most of the players, tweets out pics with "Lakeland" written on his arm, etc. The head coach lives in the same area of Lakeland that Lakeland's head coach lives in. So, even if Lakeland was in a down year and had multiple losses, a first win  over Lakeland STILL would be one of the biggest in school history.

Regardless of which win the players would choose as bigger, it doesn't change my claim: The win last Friday was one of the biggest in school history.

McEachern trying to rally down 25-13.

5A Semifinals

Starrs Mill @ Warner Robins

Buford @ Jones Co. (Colquitts HC Justin Rogers has to watch his old team from home 😂)... Sorry Hawg, couldnt resist)

======

4A Semifinals

Sandy Creek @ Oconee Co. (Oconee upset Marist 16-7)

Blessed Trinity @ Cartersville or Woodward Academy 

Cartersville 28, Woodward Academy 24 in the 4th

Just now, ECHS05 said:

5A Semifinals

Starrs Mill @ Warner Robins

Buford @ Jones Co. (Colquitts HC Justin Rogers has to watch his old team from home 😂)... Sorry Hawg, couldnt resist)

======

4A Semifinals

Sandy Creek @ Oconee Co. (Oconee upset Marist 16-7)

Blessed Trinity @ Cartersville or Woodward Academy 

Cartersville 28, Woodward Academy 24 in the 4th

Don't be sorry for me. Lol. I've been sat here watching this game thinking Colquitt was better than both of these teams. 

It is what it is. 

Kinda weird that Jones is rolling deeper now though. Hell, they lost their coach and didn't miss a beat. Even made it deeper.