Live Stream: North Gwinnett GA 32, McEachern GA 13 - Final

ECHS05

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm surprised Valdosta lost tonight...I thought Richmond Hills used their 1 good game pass last week when they beat Lanier.... 

Guess not... 

Just finishing watching that game. Very strange outcome. They had chance after chance and couldn’t get it done there. Valdosta’s only touchdown came on a fluke play where it bounced off Richmond Hill’s DB hands and fell into the Valdosta WR’s in stride. Kinda Auburn-Georgiaish a few years ago (kinda) Marist losing to Oconee was super weird also. Just couldn’t get their offense going at all tonight. 

Ton of great games to watch on NFHS. Hart County really outplayed GAC for most of the game. Had to settle for three field goals and that was the difference after a super late score by GAC. Buford and Carrollton went down to the last second (walk off field goal) Grayson pretty much had every opportunity in the world tonight against Lowndes and couldn’t capitalize. I expect Lowndes to play better next week against North. I mean they fumbled a kickoff and punt return tonight. Shit like that won’t happen every week. If they don’t muff the punt inside the red zone in the 4th it’s 28-13 with Lowndes going for a third consecutive TD drive. Instead they muff it and Grayson goes 19 yards for the score. Changes the game. Ohhh well. Styles make matchups.

Not surprised by the McEachern game at all. They struggled to score against good teams this year: 19, 14, and 13 against the three best teams they played. That’s not cutting it. 

Lowndes is a step above McEachern. Grayson is talented as hell. They did not play well yet led from start to finish. Started the game with a touchdown and led the final 44 minutes of the game. That’s not something to scoff at. Grayson was game tonight. That team beat Marietta by 14 as we all remember and love to discount. That game doesn’t change how I view Lowndes at all. Rarely does anyone boat-race their way to a high class title. You’re gonna have to fight for one  

if you want to watch a game. Cartersville-Woodward Academy on NFHS was outstanding. Mike Wright Jr (UCF) is the real down. Two late touchdowns drives to erase a 28-17 fourth quarter lead. Woodward has a ton of playmakers. Converted 2 fourth downs on their final TD drive. Nice stuff 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Just finishing watching that game. Very strange outcome. They had chance after chance and couldn’t get it done there. Valdosta’s only touchdown came on a fluke play where it bounced off Richmond Hill’s DB hands and fell into the Valdosta WR’s in stride. Kinda Auburn-Georgiaish a few years ago (kinda) Marist losing to Oconee was super weird also. Just couldn’t get their offense going at all tonight. 

Ton of great games to watch on NFHS. Hart County really outplayed GAC for most of the game. Had to settle for three field goals and that was the difference after a super late score by GAC. Buford and Carrollton went down to the last second (walk off field goal) Grayson pretty much had every opportunity in the world tonight against Lowndes and couldn’t capitalize. I expect Lowndes to play better next week against North. I mean they fumbled a kickoff and punt return tonight. Shit like that won’t happen every week. If they don’t muff the punt inside the red zone in the 4th it’s 28-13 with Lowndes going for a third consecutive TD drive. Instead they muff it and Grayson goes 19 yards for the score. Changes the game. Ohhh well. Styles make matchups.

Not surprised by the McEachern game at all. They struggled to score against good teams this year: 19, 14, and 13 against the three best teams they played. That’s not cutting it. 

Lowndes is a step above McEachern. Grayson is talented as hell. They did not play well yet led from start to finish. Started the game with a touchdown and led the final 44 minutes of the game. That’s not something to scoff at. Grayson was game tonight. That team beat Marietta by 14 as we all remember and love to discount. That game doesn’t change how I view Lowndes at all. Rarely does anyone boat-race their way to a high class title. You’re gonna have to fight for one  

if you want to watch a game. Cartersville-Woodward Academy on NFHS was outstanding. Mike Wright Jr (UCF) is the real down. Two late touchdowns drives to erase a 28-17 fourth quarter lead. Converted 2 fourth downs on their final TD drive. Nice stuff 

Well damn fella... It's kinda early in the morn for such an in depth analysis. xD

I agree though. If you are going to win a title in the big boy class, you are going to have to.win a struggle game here or there. At the end of the day, Lowndes overcame in this one. That goal line stand from the defense speaks volunes. 

Still a bit worrisome with Osby missing, mainly because the use him pretty heavily both ways. Of course that may also be the reason he's hurt as well. Kinda abnormal for a region 1-7A team to be that dependent on a player on both sides of the ball really. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Still a bit worrisome with Osby missing, mainly because the use him pretty heavily both ways. Of course that may also be the reason he's hurt as well. Kinda abnormal for a region 1-7A team to be that dependent on a player on both sides of the ball really. 

Much more missed on the defensive side of the ball in my opinion. Their best RB is still on the field each week (Justin Lee) and their QB (Brown) is a much bigger piece to the offense. Osby is a great runner just a freak athlete but I think losing his presence on defense as a key linebacker is much harder to replace. I hope he comes back. But this team won by 30 against Hillgrove and 30 against Norcross. They weren’t struggling at all without him prior to tonight. 

Grayson hit a 35 yard touchdown pass into the end zone on the final offensive snap the half. Good time in the pocket and nice throw but I think it caught Lowndes sleeping with time winding down under 15 seconds. Their other touchdown came after a muffed punt inside the Lowndes 20 yard line in the 4th quarter. I think Lowndes’ defense played well. They were put in bad spots tonight with two turnovers inside their own 20. Yes they got fortunate/big goal-line stands at the one yard line in each half but that’s credit to their defense which has played outstanding all season. They won the battle up front and took away the easy punch ins from Grayson. 

North Gwinnett is a lot better offensively but I’m not convinced they’re going to play as well defensively as Grayson did tonight. I don’t see it. I expect Lowndes to move the ball much better. Completely different style of game. Like I said above I like Lowndes to play better and win next week

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I've always thought of McEachern as a basketball school.

I bet they pack the gym...

They've had some decent crowds for football at times too. When you're team is getting hype like they had, the crowd should be growing. What that says to me is folks aren't buying in and believing. If the crowd isn't, that filters to the team with the talk of the fans and parents. Jmo.

Marietta at Parkview is the GPB Game of the Week. Pretty surprised they chose 7A games all four weeks. 2nd time showing both Marietta and Parkview in the playoffs this month. Eh, not in love with the choice. 

Harrison-Dacula would’ve been a good one to show (both 13-0) or Woodward Academy - Blessed Trinity. Both are essentially defacto championship games

2BF2296B-C702-413B-9E71-B94545D06BDB.jpeg

What the hell happened to Lee Co. last night... Didnt see a 35 point ass kicking coming.

Hell, what happened to ALL of Region 1-6A? They all lost on the same night.

6A is going to be Allatoona or Richmond Hill vs. Dacula or Harrison... Thats an odd looking Championship game no matter the matchup.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

What the hell happened to Lee Co. last night... Didnt see a 35 point ass kicking coming.

Dacula is BY FAR the best team in 6A. That was an absolute beatdown last night. Check out the NFHS stream. That game was 42-14 with 8:35 left in third. And one of Lee County’s touchdowns came on a deep pass wheel route on 3rd and 24 or it would’ve been 42-7. 

Running clock to start the 4th, they scored all 56 points in three quarters. That was an ass kicking. Dacula is the real deal offensively. 

DBBBAD26-45B5-4FC1-A4AC-4D726A3821F9.jpeg

26 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Hell, what happened to ALL of Region 1-6A? They all lost on the same night.

6A is going to be Allatoona or Richmond Hill vs. Dacula or Harrison... Thats an odd looking Championship game no matter the matchup.

First year where there won't be a champion form region 1-6a