MY Bad 🤗 Dot The i >Wisconsin

imaGoodBoyNow

24 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

And it should.

Ohio State 13 opponents have a higher win % than those on LSU’s schedule. Therefore they played a tougher schedule.

Don’t insult me with rankings of teams when they played. That crap has been proven faulty. Texas didn’t end the season in the top 25, let alone top 10, therefore that isn’t a win that should be lauded.

Also, Ohio State didn’t play any FCS teams.

Ohio State just played an opponent for the 2nd time this season. A conference opponent no less. That they previously beat by 31 points. They didn’t take them seriously. Until the 2nd half, when they dominated yet again. 27-0.

Yeah like this FCS team that went blow for blow with super team Minnesota?  Hmm

5 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

And it should.

Ohio State 13 opponents have a higher win % than those on LSU’s schedule. Therefore they played a tougher schedule.

Don’t insult me with rankings of teams when they played. That crap has been proven faulty. Texas didn’t end the season in the top 25, let alone top 10, therefore that isn’t a win that should be lauded.

Also, Ohio State didn’t play any FCS teams.

Ohio State just played an opponent for the 2nd time this season. A conference opponent no less. That they previously beat by 31 points. They didn’t take them seriously. Until the 2nd half, when they dominated yet again. 27-0.

I don't think it's the win percentage that makes a schedule tougher.

That said, I do think you have to open the kimono a bit and recognize little things like the Alabama win being against a Tua who was hobbled (and they still gave up 41). Georgia? They faced them when their meh offense was minus their #1 receiver, had their #2 receiver for just a half, and were effectively without their star RB. I'm not sure how shutting down such a unit is a remarkable achievement.

As regards playing Wisco twice, I agree.  It was mentioned multiple times by the commentators.  Wisco had been embarrassed and had a chip on their shoulder. Ohio State went in knowing they had already beaten Wisco badly, that they were already in the CFP,  had a gimpy QB and sat their best cover man due to injury (how did Cephus do when that changed?). That situation won't be happening again. Look what happened in the 2nd half after the wake-up call.

8 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I didn't see anything wrong with the original title. UW was pretty much buttfucking tOSU at the half lol.

That’s the thing it was mostly true , I went night night after half I thought Wisconsin was gonna win by Double digits,

didn’t factor in that Ohio state was gonna go on a 34-0 Run

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Impressive second half none the less.   I only criticize Ohio State because they are being dubbed as the GOAT.   

Yeah I've yet to really understand that. They're obviously pretty damn good, but the fanbase does have a track record of getting ahead of themselves a little lol.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, concha said:

I don't think it's the win percentage that makes a schedule tougher.

Perhaps not in every case, but it does in this case. tOSU played teams that won more games. While LSU was busy facing an FCS opponent. 

It’s funny, because in the FCS if a team plays an FBS opponent and loses and ends up with less FCS wins than other teams it hurts their playoff chances. Wins over D2 programs don’t count,

Same should be true of FBS teams playing FCS. Those wins shouldn’t factor in, meaning LSU has one less win against FBS opponents than tOSU. One less data point.

They still played an overrated schedule and are getting too much credit for beating Alabama, who fielded their worst defense in the Saban era and Georgia, who lost to 4-8 South Carolina and struggled to beat 7-5 TXAM, and 7-5 Texas who didn’t even finish in the top 25. They only won that game by 7 BTW.

The SEC is living on past reputation.