History lessons... Lowndes and Marietta

BUFORDGAWOLVES

All this hand wringing about the Lowndes secondary, when they did pretty ok covering Lemeke Brockington (Duke, Georgia Tech, UAB, Kentucky, Tennessee) and Tajh Sanders(Miami, Louisville, Tennessee, Duke, Kentucky, Georgia Tech) 

The line group and blitz packages do clearly help those guys out, and, Lowndes will need a good game from their entire defense. Just keep Bailey rushed, and I think the game comes to you. If Lowndes D-line lets Marietta put up that same force field they did against Parkview, then there could be trouble. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Hate and 1800 are a wonderful combination when in fact your team sucks way more. But hey Colquitt is on the right track. Look forward to nexts years game at the shitpen. Here’s to ya Rufus lift one for the Vikings as ya eat your fancy dinner and pretend your not interested in the score. Lol

Hoss....I can say with complete honesty...I could give a rat's ass about the score.  And I believe the fancy meal will be at Espana...in the village.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss....I can say with complete honesty...I could give a rat's ass about the score.  And I believe the fancy meal will be at Espana...in the village.

Rufus>>

Enjoy. Relieved of the stress related to being a runner up. If this becomes our reality it will be a first. Then Viking and Packer Football will have a common  parallel. I believe we are 5-0 in SC games.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All this hand wringing about the Lowndes secondary, when they did pretty ok covering Lemeke Brockington (Duke, Georgia Tech, UAB, Kentucky, Tennessee) and Tajh Sanders(Miami, Louisville, Tennessee, Duke, Kentucky, Georgia Tech) 

The line group and blitz packages do clearly help those guys out, and, Lowndes will need a good game from their entire defense. Just keep Bailey rushed, and I think the game comes to you. If Lowndes D-line lets Marietta put up that same force field they did against Parkview, then there could be trouble. 

Agreed, if I’m not mistaken there are several juniors on that front seven that return. I think 17 overall but a number of other underclass men have played significantly. There two RB return also. #11 needs to go o some throwing camps. Kid is really developing. Went to the Grayson game and it was really a two score game until we muffed a punt. I feel like Grayson was the stronger team than NG.

14 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Enjoy. Relieved of the stress related to being a runner up. If this becomes our reality it will be a first. Then Viking and Packer Football will have a common  parallel. I believe we are 5-0 in SC games.

Hey...you fellers haven't seen the field of a Championship game in so long...I doubt you'll know how to act.  From what I understand...Colquitt admin personnel are meeting in late January to determine if we'll continue our football program as it is in its current format.  It is being proposed that we cut our assistant coaches in half and return to the crowd pleasing Wing T offense.

HawgGoneIt may have more on this meeting.  I know it's supposed to be a secret one...but things happen.  I heard we're also looking at cutting all ties and association with UAB for some reason.  There was talk about closing Lower Meigs Road...but I'm pretty sure that fell thru.  The pendulum is definitely starting to swing in Norman Park.  I feel for the kids in our lower classes....but then again...a lot of them have never been to Quitman to play ball.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

The key for Lowndes to win over Marietta is getting to Harrison Bailey enough to knock him off his game. 

Nobody can cover their receivers for long enough to keep him from finding and hitting one if he's allowed to just stand there or step up in the pocket. Lowndes better find a way to keep him moving outside the pocket. There has to be at least one weak spot that can be exploited, whether it's through a blitz package of some sort or just the ability to out-technique one or more of their o-linemen. 

If Bailey's shirt stays clean, the game is gonna likeky go to Marietta. 

13 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey...you fellers haven't seen the field of a Championship game in so long...I doubt you'll know how to act.  From what I understand...Colquitt admin personnel are meeting in late January to determine if we'll continue our football program as it is in its current format.  It is being proposed that we cut our assistant coaches in half and return to the crowd pleasing Wing T offense.

HawgGoneIt may have more on this meeting.  I know it's supposed to be a secret one...but things happen.  I heard we're also looking at cutting all ties and association with UAB for some reason.  There was talk about closing Lower Meigs Road...but I'm pretty sure that fell thru.  The pendulum is definitely starting to swing in Norman Park.  I feel for the kids in our lower classes....but then again...a lot of them have never been to Quitman to play ball.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

Wonderful things are in the future for the Pack. Our games will continue to be intense. Durwood will have to make the biggest adjustment 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Wonderful things are in the future for the Pack. Our games will continue to be intense. Durwood will have to make the biggest adjustment 

I was trying to keep the conversation on the upcoming game for Lowndes, but, I will say, I don't suspect, unless there is some drastic influx of senior talent in specific areas, or coaches, or both in this off-season, Lowndes shouldn't need to worry over Colquitt next season. 

Lowndes should be experienced in the best spots, while Colquitt should be breaking in newbies in those same  best spots. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hawg, marietta somehow neutralizes Lowndes' pass rush and blitz, do you honestly feel in your heart of hearts that Lowndes' DBs can stick with Marietta's receivers? And Lowndes' secondary looked "good" due to the pass rush/blitz and partly due to Jaycee holding the ball a bit too long instead of getting free yards. 

33 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Hawg, marietta somehow neutralizes Lowndes' pass rush and blitz, do you honestly feel in your heart of hearts that Lowndes' DBs can stick with Marietta's receivers? And Lowndes' secondary looked "good" due to the pass rush/blitz and partly due to Jaycee holding the ball a bit too long instead of getting free yards. 

I know they can't stick with Marietta's receivers. Not for long anyway. 

Definitely imo, the game plan has to be to get to Bailey early for sure, and often in a best case scenario. 

Bailey had all night nearly every play against Parkview, and in the other games where he has put up big numbers as well. He is without a doubt, the key to the win. Lowndes will have to force the same type errors with him as they did Jaycee. The difference between those two, is, one keeps a level head better. That's about it as far as I could tell this season. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Nolebull813 said:

If Morgan wins he will join Randy Mac and Rush as coaches who won titles in GA and another state

Mac won in FL and Rush in Bama. 

I know Knotts won in SC and NC. Any other coaches done it? 

Where did Camden's old coach herron end up???  He had two in GA (03, 08).  Did he end; up in SC and if so, did he win a title up there with a private school? 

What about Big Bad Bobby Sphire from North Gwinnet/Camden; did he coach up in Tennessee or Kentucky at one time???

30 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Where did Camden's old coach herron end up???  He had two in GA (03, 08)

Led Oconee County to the state championship in 1999.  Won three at Camden in 2003, 2008, and 2009. Finally led Grayson to a state title in 2016 

Arguably the best coach in GHSA history. Finished 287-52 in 27 seasons. Won 5 state championships with three different schools. Also took Prince Avenue and TL Hannah (SC) to state championship games

• Like 1