Reed and LeCounte Both Say...

Rufus69

....they're playing in the Sugar Bowl for the Dawgs in January.  But it brings back memories of Deandre Baker last year.  He also said he was playing in the Sugar Bowl...but then when it all came down...he said...NO...he was not.

I wanna believe both Reed and LeCounte...but I suppose the proof is in the final pudding.  I will say this...Kirby better only take the guys who wanna play to New Orleans.   And what I mean is this...if you're able to play but say you don't wanna play...then Kirby better not take you with the team....a la Deandre Baker last year.

I swear...I will cut off every penny of the $176.58 I send to Athens each year.  And I mean it.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

....they're playing in the Sugar Bowl for the Dawgs in January.  But it brings back memories of Deandre Baker last year.  He also said he was playing in the Sugar Bowl...but then when it all came down...he said...NO...he was not.

I wanna believe both Reed and LeCounte...but I suppose the proof is in the final pudding.  I will say this...Kirby better only take the guys who wanna play to New Orleans.   And what I mean is this...if you're able to play but say you don't wanna play...then Kirby better not take you with the team....a la Deandre Baker last year.

I swear...I will cut off every penny of the $176.58 I send to Athens each year.  And I mean it.

Rufus>>

I figured out who the QB is for next year..

I would like to see Fromm return. I am more confident in having him behind center than any of the current QBs on roster or a true freshman next year.

He and Coley would be taking a lot less heat if our WRs could actually catch the ball. I read somewhere a few weeks back where nearly 20% of Fromm's incompletions were due to dropped passes.

I actually like how Coley attempted to open up the offense last Saturday despite his lack of tools to work with at WR. With better execution, the LSU defense would have been forced to adjust instead of zeroing on the run game.

The difference in WR talent for LSU was astronomical. They have recruited well at that position and we're nearly flawless in their execution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

His family wants him to stay.   I imagine if that's what his mama wants.....

Rufus>>

I think it has more to do with his stock plummeting in the NFL. 

If he returns, he has a chance to redeem his value in the eyes of the NFL. Last I saw, he had fallen behind quite a few other qbs and would be as far back as outside the first 100 draftees. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Jake-Fromm-NFL-Draft-projections-stock-down-Georgia-Bulldogs-New-England-Patriots-140229237/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it has more to do with his stock plummeting in the NFL. 

If he returns, he has a chance to redeem his value in the eyes of the NFL. Last I saw, he had fallen behind quite a few other qbs and would be as far back as outside the first 100 draftees. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Jake-Fromm-NFL-Draft-projections-stock-down-Georgia-Bulldogs-New-England-Patriots-140229237/

Tom Brady was taken as the No.199 pick.  I would think if Fromm thought there was ANY WAY he could get with the Patriots at 101....he'd take it in a heartbeat.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Tom Brady was taken as the No.199 pick.  I would think if Fromm thought there was ANY WAY he could get with the Patriots at 101....he'd take it in a heartbeat.

Rufus>>

True, but, this of course was just a mock ran by an algo. I'm sure when you see something like that, you start asking questions. If you aren't getting the answers you like, then you think more about what could happen if you go that late to the wrong team. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

True, but, this of course was just a mock ran by an algo. I'm sure when you see something like that, you start asking questions. If you aren't getting the answers you like, then you think more about what could happen if you go that late to the wrong team. 

A lot of the NFL scouts have said that Fromm didn't have the receiving weapons this year that he had in previous ones.  I think Jake probably made some bad decisions trying to make up for that particular deficiency.   I do think it will be a family decision whether he goes or stays...and right now mama wants him back in Athens.

Nuff said....LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Annnddd 'ol Kirbs has gotta mold the offense to the talent and get unstuck with his idea of what it should look like.

BGW

It will make recruiting the nation's best WRs easier if and when UGA loses the reputation of a ground and pound team.

UGA also needs to restock the QB with big name, big talent QBs in order to entice the best WRs to play in Athens. Maybe this Carson Beck is the real deal... I'm not sold as of yet. I'd rather have Brock Vandagriff.

• Like 1

Anyone know how Rodrigo won the Lou Groza? That dude missed a lot of big kicks.... Missed two vs South Carolina. Missed two vs LSU...  ended the 2019 season missing three of his last four field goals. 

But still... none worse than the chipshot field goal he missed against Bama last year in the SEC title game. Would’ve made it a 17 point lead in the third... instead, well, y’all know what happened  

42 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Anyone know how Rodrigo won the Lou Groza? That dude missed a lot of big kicks.... Missed two vs South Carolina. Missed two vs LSU...  ended the 2019 season missing three of his last four field goals. 

But still... none worse than the chipshot field goal he missed against Bama last year in the SEC title game. Would’ve made it a 17 point lead in the third... instead, well, y’all know what happened  

I'd expect that a Bama fan would not know anything about winning kicking awards. Lol

But yeah, I he did have a disappointing end to his season.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

He did miss a lot of big kicks. His kick before halftime vs Oklahoma in 2017 bought him a lot of slack. Hes automatic when the pressures not on though.... It feels like Georgia kicked more FGs than anyone in America this year as we could never get the ball into the end zone.

The miss vs Bama in 2018 was big... The second he missed it, it gave Bama life. His last miss vs LSU pretty much deflated the team also. 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

He did miss a lot of big kicks. His kick before halftime vs Oklahoma in 2017 bought him a lot of slack. Hes automatic when the pressures not on though.... It feels like Georgia kicked more FGs than anyone in America this year as we could never get the ball into the end zone.

The miss vs Bama in 2018 was big... The second he missed it, it gave Bama life. His last miss vs LSU pretty much deflated the team also. 

Another way to look at it....if it hadn't been for Specks...the Dawgs would have lead the SEC in least amount of points scored....LOL.  We were fortunate to have the kid.

Rufus>>

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Anyone think D'Eriq King might be in play for UGA?

I haven't heard his name tossed around a lot in Athens...but hey...right now...who knows/

I do know the Dawgs are working the C J Stroud train as hard as possible.  That would probably be a good fit...but I think it may be a long shot.

Rufus>>