Vicis football company has called it quits

imaGoodBoyNow

One of the most expensive helmets on the market, one of the top safety rated as well

what happens to all the schools that spent over $200,000 to out fit their team with the Gear, 

now after a year of playing with them they got no where to send the helmets to get reconditioned and the incoming freshman have to wear a different brand now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 11:07 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

If this company has the safest helmet on the market, they should be able to survive and find new investors on that statistic alone. Without knowing everything about their business, they have obviously been mismanaged and a good management team with a plan to restructure should be able to save it. 

It’s very competitive business and this product is very expensive.  I don’t know single major college or NFL team that has completely switched over.  Trust me, companies like this must make hay on the HS level and for the most part HS are not buying in big numbers.  For the most part on the HS level individual parents have purchased more of these helmets than the individual High Schools.

watching the Alabama and Michigan game -  I see mostly the same helmet made by Riddell worm by most of the players on both teams.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Texasball said:

It’s very competitive business and this product is very expensive.  I don’t know single major college or NFL team that has completely switched over.  Trust me, companies like this must make hay on the HS level and for the most part HS are not buying in big numbers.  For the most part on the HS level individual parents have purchased more of these helmets than the individual High Schools.

watching the Alabama and Michigan game -  I see mostly the same helmet made by Riddell worm by most of the players on both teams.  

I've made the same observations. 

• Like 1

IMHO helmets have nothing to do with concussions. They cannot keep the brain 🧠 from moving or slamming into the skull.

Strength training the neck and traps is probably the best thing you can do to help stabilize the head when falling to the ground.  Very small % of concussions come From head to head contact.  Helmets protect the skull 💀 from being cracked and they are basically 100% in that regard.  Many teams are starting to teach how to fall