Student will be barred from graduation unless he cuts his dreadlocks, school says

noonereal

On 1/23/2020 at 7:21 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

Sounds more like a parochial school.  DBP didn't allow hair past the collar.  Coach Rezzonico would take out a pair if scissors if need be.

You don't know how stupid my hair looked in those days.....🤣

when it isn't allowed past the collar, the only place it has to grow is...well...

out, but not down...something like this...

giphy.gif

At least I was 'legal' lol...

PS...had to be clean shaven too...

...fabled rusty razors are at the nurses office 🤣

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Troll said:

You don't know how stupid my hair looks from those days.....🤣

when it isn't allowed past the collar, the only place it has to grow is...well...

out, but not down...something like this...

giphy.gif

At least I was 'legal' lol...

PS...had to be clean shaven too...

...fabled rusty razors are at the nurses office 🤣

When you catch passes like him, you can wear it any way you like

• Haha 2

I get there are rules, but this is bullshit. The rules should be modified. Hair is natural and you shouldn’t be punished for it. 

I get changing colors not being allowed but for the guy to have natural hair that is deemed too long is BS and it seems like the backlash that should follow isn’t worth keeping this up. 

They should just admit the rule is wrong, vote to change it, and make a new rule with realistic accommodations 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Doesn't surprise me that it happened in Texas but this shit happened in NJ last season when a ref made a wrestler cut his hair right before he took the mat.  Pretty humiliating.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/highschool/2019/09/18/wrestler-dreadlocks-controversy-new-jersey-referee-suspended-two-years/2367239001/

Follow the protocols 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I get there are rules, but this is bullshit. The rules should be modified. Hair is natural and you shouldn’t be punished for it. 

I get changing colors not being allowed but for the guy to have natural hair that is deemed too long is BS and it seems like the backlash that should follow isn’t worth keeping this up. 

They should just admit the rule is wrong, vote to change it, and make a new rule with realistic accommodations 

So when he goes for a job and they say u cant have your hair like that should they change the rules for him

I respect people wearing their hair anyway they want. But help me out here aren't dreadlocks very hard to wash that's why they only wash their hair once a week or so due to the fact that it's so hard to braid and dry excetera. Maybe some people are looking at it as a hygiene thing. Not trying to stir up The Hornet's Nest just curious

1 minute ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I respect people wearing their hair anyway they want. But help me out here aren't dreadlocks very hard to wash that's why they only wash their hair once a week or so due to the fact that it's so hard to braid and dry excetera. Maybe some people are looking at it as a hygiene thing. Not trying to stir up The Hornet's Nest just curious

knots are very clean, instead of using a wet shampoo one wd use a dry shampoo. My son had knots for quite a while. This has nothing to do with hygiene. 

This is the policy of the school. Again the kid had to read and sign the school policy. Like it or not. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, legendsofthefall said:

It wasn't and that's why the ref got punished for it. 

But in the case of the school it seems to be. That was the original talking point. 

Idk why people have to buck the system. Cut your hair. Take a shower. Do what people do in society and everything will be ok. 

15 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

So when he goes for a job and they say u cant have your hair like that should they change the rules for him

What Job says your hair can't be Knotted?  I am a Knotty Head and among the best in my profession at what I do.  I sat in Conference meetings with SVP's Monthly.   You are not judged on your hair you are judged on Performance.  Not once have anyone of them said you need to Cut them Locks to make us more Money>   Which one of these look more professional?

Dreadlocks are very diverse and affords one many options to wear our hair in diverse styles.   And at least once a week some woman wants to touch them.  Maybe that is why they fear them.  Because chicks love them and I am talking a diverse group of them.  Hell last Saturday in a Sushi Restaurant in Sachse, TX some old white lady left her table came over to the Redskin and I GRABBED MY KNOTS asked me how long I had them and how beautiful my hair was.  That is some damn privilege don't you think.  Imagine if I had of done that to her. And the Redskin wanted to snap her ass in Half. 🤣

I'd be willing to compare what I do to what you do Knotty head and all 🤣

Unacceptable to you

Image result for dread head businessman

But this travesty is acceptable in any business environment. 

Image result for trump comb over

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Respect for you but Bro this is a lie. .  We wash our hair as often as anyone else and its not hard to dry as a matter of fact our hair is among the healthiest.  Unhealthy hair falls out and not washing your hair is foolish.  I will assure you my hair is as clean as anyone else.  You really think those NFL Guys play in that Dirt and not wash their hair and then put a helmet on all week.  Tell me you are not that naive.   Help me because I have many misconceptions about all those BAD bald crossovers with all that damn dandruff on their shoulders and their dry brittle hair.  It looks eerily unhealthy and I wonder why they don't cut that nasty stuff off their damn heads 😂 See exhibit A Above that is some Nasty looking stuff that is slimed  with some spray and ridiculous comb over.  I bet it smells like a Can of Hairspray.  NASTY

I refuse to let others ignorance define my Truths.  

And plus nothing more magical than having a Sista drop them dreads on you and vice versa. 🤣

Yeah I am good with this all damn day and all damn night.  I embrace it. 

Image result for black woman dreadlocks

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

What Job says your hair can't be Knotted?  I am a Knotty Head and among the best in my profession at what I do.  I sat in Conference meetings with SVP's Monthly.   You are not judged on your hair you are judged on Performance.  Not once have anyone of them said you need to Cut them Locks to make us more Money>   Which one of these look more professional?

Dreadlocks are very diverse and affords one many options to wear our hair in diverse styles.   And at least once a week some woman wants to touch them.  Maybe that is why they fear them.  Because chicks love them and I am talking a diverse group of them.  Hell last Saturday in a Sushi Restaurant in Sachse, TX some old white lady left her table came over to the Redskin and I GRABBED MY KNOTS asked me how long I had them and how beautiful my hair was.  That is some damn privilege don't you think.  Imagine if I had of done that to her. And the Redskin wanted to snap her ass in Half. 🤣

I'd be willing to compare what I do to what you do Knotty head and all 🤣

Unacceptable to you

Image result for dread head businessman

But this travesty is acceptable in any business environment. 

One of the perks of OWNING the business

• Haha 1