"It's a cult, no joke.

noonereal

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

This policy he violated should be terminated immediately. He did what your supposed to do your supposed to run into that building to save someone. Could u imagine if this policy was there for 9/11?? I have to disagree with you. This policy is a disaster and is going to get civilians killed 

As I said, I understand where you're coming from. It's hard to wrap one's head around...especially as a civilian. Let's just say that I don't necessarily agree with the policy either, but firefighters do understand the reasoning behind it, and follow it without question on every incident. I assure you that there's much more this story than story than what the articles are telling us. The way the articles are titled and written is just to provoke outrage. Firefighters will pat this guy on the back at the house, but they also know that he violated a major policy and be will not be shocked when he's reprimanded. If the guy is a good employee, the union will likely negotiate this into a letter in his file or a couple of days on the beach...max. On the other hand, if he's a persistent problem child that doesn't think that rules apply to him, he could get a hefty suspension or even terminated.

...And no, I couldn't imagine the firefighters not going into the WTC that day. Just know that much of this policy was born from research from the tragic events of 9/11 and other major incidents where firefighters died when they didn't have to.  But I understand where you're coming from. 

16 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

As I said, I understand where you're coming from. It's hard to wrap one's head around...especially as a civilian. Let's just say that I don't necessarily agree with the policy either, but firefighters do understand the reasoning behind it, and follow it without question on every incident. I assure you that there's much more this story than story than what the articles are telling us. The way the articles are titled and written is just to provoke outrage. Firefighters will pat this guy on the back at the house, but they also know that he violated a major policy and be will not be shocked when he's reprimanded. If the guy is a good employee, the union will likely negotiate this into a letter in his file or a couple of days on the beach...max. On the other hand, if he's a persistent problem child that doesn't think that rules apply to him, he could get a hefty suspension or even terminated.

...And no, I couldn't imagine the firefighters not going into the WTC that day. Just know that much of this policy was born from research from the tragic events of 9/11 and other major incidents where firefighters died when they didn't have to.  But I understand where you're coming from. 

The union it sounds like is  very much on his side 

• Like 1