Coronavirus makes politicking and voting too dangerous

Bormio

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Tornado kills 9 in TN

This one storm killed more than the coronavirus in americ

Nashville tornado leaves several dead as severe weather strikes Tennesse

Nashville tornado leaves several dead as severe weather strikes Tennessee

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-residents-capture-powerful-storm-tornado-damage-tuesday-morning

We need to ban tornados. Start a petition.  

10 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Listen Hoss. Normally I don't throw this around, but you kinda got my crawl a little. I've been a first responder for 30 years and will be retiring from service at the end of this month. I'll spare you the details as to what I've seen and done during that time. From here, l could simply and easily enjoy my retirement by living off of my pension and the nest egg that I've accumulated (which I will do to an extent). That's the smart money play.  But instead, I will continue my lifelong commitment to be of service to my fellow man. Helping veterans suffering PTSD (and other disabilities) will be the next chapter in my book of life. So do me a favor, please. Don't lecture me or question my level of compassion or empathy for another human being again. It's unfortunate that a few people have died here in the US. Bad things happen to good people all the time, no question. I've seen more people die in one car wreck than the total deaths from this virus here in the US. I'm just not going to get worked up over this until it's time. And I'm pretty confident that time ain't comin'. It's a damn good thing Trump enacted that travel ban in January. That single decision, that everyone else was against (for political reasons),  prevented countless Americans from being unnecessarily exposed....and stop being so dramatic. Please. 

Politics aside this is a fragile moment economically because of the uncertainty of the virus and the effect it may have.  If you have been successful in the market it might be prudent to reduce any exposure your investments have in the stock market.  Even if only to let this play out.  Also, the Federal Reserve lowered the prime rate a half point this morning which means that the ten year treasury bill is trading at a remarkable, 1.03%.  CD’s, bonds, fixed income-all moving forward, especially for a retiree, is now far more complicated with returns at historic lows.

I note all this because as a retiree myself I simply do not want to unnecessarily give back that which I have earned.  

As I type this the market is giving back a large part of what it gained yesterday. (-600 points)  We are now down 12% from the all time high of only 12 days ago. The coronavirus has created an extraordinary situation.

There is an outstanding financial forum that you may find to be interesting:  wwe.bogleheads.org .

Absolute best luck to you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Blueliner, I sincerely appreciate your efforts as well as literally risking your own life to help others. From my heart-thank you.

No worries, sir. I feel blessed to be part of something special. That said, we may not agree on everything, but believe it or not I appreciate the passion in your arguments and that you demonstrate for your fellow man. I don't question any of that. I know that you truly believe as to how you feel. THAT is great! That's what America is about. We can banter still, but this one's behind us. And than you VERY much for you kind words. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Politics aside this is a fragile moment economically because of the uncertainty of the virus and the effect it may have.  If you have been successful in the market it might be prudent to reduce any exposure your investments have in the stock market.  Even if only to let this play out.  Also, the Federal Reserve lowered the prime rate a half point this morning which means that the ten year treasury bill is trading at a remarkable, 1.03%.  CD’s, bonds, fixed income-all moving forward, especially for a retiree, is now far more complicated with returns at historic lows.

I note all this because as a retiree myself I simply do not want to unnecessarily give back that which I have earned.  

As I type this the market is giving back a large part of what it gained yesterday. (-600 points)  We are now down 12% from the all time high of only 12 days ago. The coronavirus has created an extraordinary situation.

There is an outstanding financial forum that you may find to be interesting:  wwe.bogleheads.org .

You're a good man, Mr. Big Drop.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Buy buy buy.....just keep buying. It will always come back and you will make lots of money 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Buy buy buy.....just keep buying. It will always come back and you will make lots of money 

I owned GE stock at $55.00 a share, Cisco at $76.00 and Six Flags at $70.00.  GE is a fifth of that now, Cisco about half and Six Flags, after a bankruptcy, has lost more than half of its value recently.  I should also mention Under Armour which is s bit more than half.  In 2008 the Dow literally lost more than 45% of its value. 

I am only saying that I have deep respect for someone who works their heart out.  It is not easy to give back or lose that which we fought and sweated for.

Some risks are not worth it.

20 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I owned GE stock at $55.00 a share, Cisco at $76.00 and Six Flags at $70.00.  GE is a fifth of that now, Cisco about half and Six Flags, after a bankruptcy, has lost more than half of its value recently.  I should also mention Under Armour which is s bit more than half.  In 2008 the Dow literally lost more than 45% of its value. 

I am only saying that I have deep respect for someone who works their heart out.  It is not easy to give back or lose that which we fought and sweated for.

You don’t lose unless you sell

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Big Drop is older than you - makes a big difference 

27 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

So keep looking the risks are always worth it. There is always buying potential 

So Democrats want to end having campaign rallies (since no one goes to Biden rallies anyway).  Their idea of a campaign is having the media as the only voice out there.  Apparently we all need to stay in our houses until this blows over, and life as we know it - including elections - need to cease.

39 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bossman is right. #dontbeapussy

He didn't even know that you could die from the flu until someone told him.

"When I was hearing the amount of people that died with the flu, I was shocked to hear it," Trump said while touring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's headquarters. "Over the last, long period of time when people have the flu, you have an average of 36,000 people dying. I've never heard those numbers, I would've been shocked. I would have said, 'Does anybody die of the flu?' I didn't know people died from the flu."

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

He didn't even know that you could die from the flu until someone told him.

"When I was hearing the amount of people that died with the flu, I was shocked to hear it," Trump said while touring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's headquarters. "Over the last, long period of time when people have the flu, you have an average of 36,000 people dying. I've never heard those numbers, I would've been shocked. I would have said, 'Does anybody die of the flu?' I didn't know people died from the flu."

🤡

There are NO words for this man's ignorance.