Any Legit Car Gurus On Here...

HawgGoneIt

28 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Last ride... nice plate.

I have to say this because this story fits here.  I also type this with a couple of tears in my eye.

One of my best friends built the Superman ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain.  (Rocket sled that catapulted you to 100+ mph in under three seconds and burnt off the speed riding up a vertical 417’ tower.) It was his idea:  he thought the cheek stretching acceleration of a fuel dragster was equal to the thrill of a lifetime.  He wanted to share this with the public.  Starting in high school he learned how to build an engine, how to build a car.  And, growing up in San Bernardino he started to race.

He went on to literally build rollercoasters and also oversee the construction of an entire park.  In my industry he was a deeply respected genius.  Magic Mountain was his park.

He also said that intelligence and education was measured by how fast the car was you built.  In high school he never lost a race.

He and his wife were also with my wife and I when we were married in CA in ‘96 and after, came back to his boat docked in Marina Del Rey to celebrate. 

He passed away a couple of years ago. But I write this because I still miss him.  And, the hearse above with “happy ending” on it?  He would have built the engine for it.

....HawgGoneIt, you need a Corvette in your life!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I have to say this because this story fits here.  I also type this with a couple of tears in my eye.

One of my best friends built the Superman ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain.  (Rocket sled that catapulted you to 100+ mph in under three seconds and burnt off the speed riding up a vertical 417’ tower.) It was his idea:  he thought the cheek stretching acceleration of a fuel dragster was equal to the thrill of a lifetime.  He wanted to share this with the public.  Starting in high school he learned how to build an engine, how to build a car.  And, growing up in San Bernardino he started to race.

He went on to literally build rollercoasters and also oversee the construction of an entire park.  In my industry he was a deeply respected genius.  Magic Mountain was his park.

He also said that intelligence and education was measured by how fast the car was you built.  In high school he never lost a race.

He and his wife were also with my wife and I when we were married in CA in ‘96 and after, came back to his boat docked in Marina Del Rey to celebrate. 

He passed away a couple of years ago. But I write this because I still miss him.  And, the hearse above with “happy ending” on it?  He would have built the engine for it.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a cool dude for a best friend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

Outstanding post brother!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Current projects.

No Pebble Beach this year so I have time to be driving these by the end of the year. DSCN0112.TIF

DSCN1889.JPG

DSCN0952.JPG

530.JPG

Concourse at Pebble is a must if you've never been.  Between that and the Italiano at Quail Lodge is so freakin awesome.  The hospitality tents are so fun.  Especially the party at the Millionaire club hanger is just sick!!  Can't forget the ride along at Laguna Seca is a must.  Driving a Ferrari or a lambo galardo is and experience. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Concourse at Pebble is a must if you've never been.  Between that and the Italiano at Quail Lodge is so freakin awesome.  The hospitality tents are so fun.  Especially the party at the Millionaire club hanger is just sick!!  Can't forget the ride along at Laguna Seca is a must.  Driving a Ferrari or a lambo galardo is and experience. 

We need to hookup there next year.

I have grown tired of the main concourse as the ego's and Kentucky Derby type showmanship has become more than my stomach can handle but you hit it on the Italiano... absolute blast. Same with the MC Hanger... lots of business gets conducted behind the scenes in that few hours.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

We need to hookup there next year.

I have grown tired of the main concourse as the ego's and Kentucky Derby type showmanship has become more than my stomach can handle but you hit it on the Italiano... absolute blast. Same with the MC Hanger... lots of business gets conducted behind the scenes in that few hours.

I only go for a couple hours to the main event on Sunday, but the week of parties and mos def the Italiano are my spots.  Any time you want to meet up for an event just let me know.  I can get you in to most of them for free.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I only go for a couple hours to the main event on Sunday, but the week of parties and mos def the Italiano are my spots.  Any time you want to meet up for an event just let me know.  I can get you in to most of them for free.

OH MAN!!!! you are about to become one of my best friends!!!!!!! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1