O.T. Alternative Rock Legend Dies At 52

HawgGoneIt

25 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Yeah I heard it on the way to work this morning.  I was like what?  He was still young.  Black Hole Sun was a jam back in high school.  Lots of artist have passed this year. 

Quite of few "Grunge" rockers have past.

This seems weird. His family and friends all say this is a huge surprise. I guess most family's think this. But they say he had just tweeted what great time he was having in Detroit and was ready to rock. They do say he went off schedule and his last song he preformed was about death. Just sucks man. Death sucks period but taking your own life. Man that's a hard one to deal with.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Quite of few "Grunge" rockers have past.

This seems weird. His family and friends all say this is a huge surprise. I guess most family's think this. But they say he had just tweeted what great time he was having in Detroit and was ready to rock. They do say he went off schedule and his last song he preformed was about death. Just sucks man. Death sucks period but taking your own life. Man that's a hard one to deal with.

Yeah it looks like it was suicide.  He was worth 60 million!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Chris Cornell is in my top 3 favorite vocalists ever, and top 2 Rock vocalists along with Freddie Mercury.

Have some friends that were going to Rock on the Range this weekend in Columbus, and Soundgarden  was supposed to headline tomorrow night.

Music will miss him.

Great call, Freddie Mercury might be my number one for me. Huge range and a great showman, dude was a GOAT live performer.

• Like 1

I put ol' boy's music up on my Google Play yesterday and jammed throughout the day. 

I had almost totally forgotten how great across the board his music was. Almost everything he sang was a jam.

Depression and addiction are some terrible silent killers. He was an admitted alcohol and drug addict, although had claimed to be clean recently and we can tell by his overall body of work that he was likely depressed. This guy was putting on a happy face right up until he went back to his room and hung himself. He even tweeted out what a great time he was having. 

We should always try to show love and respect to everyone, because we never know what they may be going through, and what we say or how we treat them could be the thing that leads them to a decision like putting a rope around their neck and kicking the stool over or rolling the rope up and putting it away at least for today.

There's always so much to process after something like this. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised that  in a lot of these cases where suciide is very surprising, no warning signs, and no note left......auto-erotic asphyxiation isn't talked about more. A few of my good friends are firefighters/paramedics and have told me that they've responded to a handful of clear cases of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong, but the families released/told people that it was suicide, to save from embarassment

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'm surprised that  in a lot of these cases where suciide is very surprising, no warning signs, and no note left......auto-erotic asphyxiation isn't talked about more. A few of my good friends are firefighters/paramedics and have told me that they've responded to a handful of clear cases of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong, but the families released/told people that it was suicide, to save from embarassment

Wow. Interesting. 

I think I read he's been sober for many years so unless he relapsed it doesn't sound like alcohol or drugs were involved. 

11 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Very true, happens much more than people realize.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, legendsofthefall said:

Tragic. The guy had a booming, great voice. These top grunge bands were all at their peak during my HS years. Pounding beer funnels, jamming to Soundgarden, watching the Knicks choke in the Finals and the OJ chase on split screen all at the same time. 

Was a helluva decade to come of age. I wouldn't trade hardly any of it back at all. 

• Like 1

I've been listening to my 3 Audioslave albums (which are 3 ridiculously good albums) and my old Soundgarden stuff the past 2 days. 

Then I came across this hauntingly beautiful rendition of "Imagine" by Cornell. Holy shit!.......this is a vocal masterclass and probably my favorite version of "Imagine" I've ever heard

• Like 2